Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

8 Neutral

1 Follower

About o2zoom

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. My 1932 Series 50 has a weak hood center strip. I've done some looking around and found this source. https://www.steelerubber.com/hood-hinge-top-strap-pivot-70-0045-42 I'm not 100% sure this will work on mine or yours. What I do know is it's very pricey. I'd like to find something a little less expensive. Also my top strap is bright chrome like finish not painted steel. Anyone have any ideas?
  2. For what's worth here is a link to the thread on problems I had and eventually cured on the "death wobble" on my 32 50 series. Perhaps there might be something you can find that will help you solve your issue. In my case it was a corroded worn out steering box.
  3. Bob, Check will post tomorrow going your way. Thanks,
  4. Jim, Thanks for the lead and tips. So far so good on vapor lock potential issue. I've driven in 80 degree weather, the hottest it's been and so far no issues with vapor lock. I plan on insulating the fuel line. I do a little cheating on fuel. Since I live pretty near a private air field I use a mixture of aviation low lead with regular pump gas. Boiling point is a little higher. Used this formula in my 38 flathead Caddy with good results. If I encounter a problem then relocating the fuel line a little more distant from the exhaust header may be necessary. Time will surely
  5. Thanks Bob. That’s a deal. I sure I still have your address will send check.
  6. I need a distributor cap hold down spring clip. I have one that is broken. These distributor hold down clips where common on a multitude of Delco Remy distributors used in all kinds of car makes and model applications. I am hoping some forum member has a box of scrap distributor leftovers that might have one of these clips hiding out. Appreciate any leads. Thanks
  7. Mike, Glad you're pleased. Nice to have an original. I have an original Reference Book, you're right about the page thickness.
  8. I'll just have to visit some of my local area auto wrecking yards to see what might be a candidate for my application. Thanks for the suggestion.
  9. I had a forum member ask me about my what I used for a gas pedal. I thought I would share my response. This might be a little hard to follow but I will try and describe what I did with the pedal setup. The pedal is a spoon type on a pivot with an arm. The pivot shaft is splined so the arm and pedal relationship can be adjusted. The pedal was too long so I just cut it down to the length that worked best. There is a clevis pin to witch the cable is attached to the upper arm of the pedal assembly. I used ¼ inch tubing to fashion the housing that the cable runs through. I know th
  10. Cost to send Priority Mail flat rate is: Priority Mail 2-Day™ Flat Rate Envelope $7.75 so $29.75 to your door. If this is good just PM me with your address and a way to pay.
  11. Yes it's still available. Jorn in Norway discovered the previous owner of his newly acquired 32 had a spec book. Will check on cost to mail to Mobile and get back to you.
  12. Jorn, I can personally attest to Bob’s willingness to assist with both knowledge and parts. The only reason my 32 Series 50 is up and running is because of Bob’s generosity with guidance as well as some critical spare parts. I’m in the final stages of fine tuning various repairs but can drive the car while finishing things up. Without his help I’d be no where close to where I am now. Pictures during recent road test. Mine is just a driver quality with some non original modifications. I have kept any parts that I removed so that any substituent owner can keep the car as is
  13. Jorn, As I had mentioned I don't know or do much about motorcycles. When not driving or working on the Buick I take a break in this.
  14. Nice looking bike. I usually just stick with four wheels. Besides my 1932 Buick I have a 1963 Corvette Roadster. I'll forward a picture tomorrow, can't seem to find one in my picture files. I checked with UPS and Fedex, absolutely ridiculous price to send the manual , they wanted over $100. The United States Postal Service looks to be $24.50, that's still pretty pricey. I got that price from their web site. They are closed until Monday so won't be able to talk to a live person to confirm the $24.50 price. Hard to believe it costs that much to ship. You may be more familiar wit
  • Create New...