Hello fellow car enthusiasts.
My name is Mike Staley and I live in Houston, Texas. I own a European automotive garage and have been
a car guy as long as I can remember thanks to my loving Dad who just turned 74 in May.
My father, a retired Chemical Process Engineer was also bitten by the car bug at an early age and has had some
fantastic cars in his years and together we have acquired a rather diverse collection of cars from classic to muscle cars.
We bought the 31 Buick in 2008 from a neighbor, friend, and fellow car enthusiast who unfortunately passed away last year from brain cancer.
Here is the unfortunate part of this story.. My Dad was diagnosed with glioblastoma multiform brain cancer in April of this year.
Two fantastic car guys with brain cancer what are the odds right.
My life has been a whirlwind since April.
We have been working on cars together since I was young.. but have been able to really spend quality time together restoring them at his house or my shop for the last 5 years or so. It's amazing how he liked working in my air conditioned shop over his! haha
About 4 years ago he decided to fix the windshield lift mechanism on the Buick, took the car apart, ran into some stumbling blocks then just moved
on to other projects and the car has been sitting since.
I have been tasked with completing some of the loose ends on the car collection (well nobody has asked me to do it.. I think it's just therapy so I choose to do it)
My dad is not unfortunately really weak, using a walker and unable to go out to his shop anymore. He has managed somehow to keep a positive spirit which is amazing.
This beautiful Series 90 is probably one of my favorites of our cars.
In the last several weeks, I have brought the engine back to life with a carburetor rebuild and fuel pump overhaul only to find the fuel sending unit line was
cracked and sucking air... When I removed the fuel tank the sending unit is garbage.
I have taken lots of photos which are in a Google album for you experts to look at and pick apart.
* I need anyone with advice or photos with regard to the windshield seal, installation and operation
* Need windshield wiper parts (how is the vacuum line run) Suggestions where I can buy missing pieces?
* Fuel sending unit? I found this place http://www.mykmlifestyle.com/ and will call them tomorrow.
* I have a exhaust valve and crossover pipes.. need linkages from the dash out to the valve.
I am not going to install the exhaust valve for now.. just would like the parts.
* I have several holes on the firewall anybody know whats missing? The drv side has a large hole.
* missing firewall oil can and bracket
* Does the 31 have engine mounts or is it solid mounted.. I think someone has installed some rubber bushings up front which has caused the crank not
to align with the hole in the radiator. I am guessing this engine is supposed to be solid mounted.
* Linkage from the bottom of the steering rack is missing.. is this a throttle or something?
* The thermostat on the top of the radiator has some sort of missing linkage.
* I have the new correct oil filter from Bob's Automobilia.
This is my starter list. If anyone could provide information or PHOTOS!! I would greatly appreciate your time and expertise.
Google photo Album:
Thanks in Advance!!!!