captain zoom

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

10 Good

About captain zoom

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  • Birthday 02/13/1945
  1. there is always a way. check ebay and craiglist as there are individuals doing the paperwork for you to get a legal title for the vehicle you are working on.
  2. thanks for all of your replys, but in my state a title is easy to get with a vin plate. also in my state, and i assume in most others, you have to do a national vin seach through your dmv to see if anyone has any claim on that number before you start sinking money into it. an if, after 25+ years some yahoo decides that , "hey, i messed up when i let that car go and now, 25 years later i have had a change of heart and have decided i want this vehicle back", then you say real simple, come and get it, and bring plenty of cash for 25 years of storage as i do not accept checks. captain zoom
  3. I am the proud owner of a 1957 corvette. The previous owner had it for 25+ years, and I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time to purchase. Problem, car has no title or data plate with vin number. I do have a notorized bill of sale. Do not want dmv to inspect car and issue a reconstruct title. I would like a 1957 title and am trying to figure out the best way to get one. Car is literally a basket case and came home in boxes. It is the basic fiberglass body and several boxes of chrome pieces. No interior, No frame, etc. Planning on a sort of resto rod keeping the body stock, on a later frame, with a stroker motor..But I desperately need a vin plate before I sink any more money into this expensive project. Any suggestions, leads, advice,etc will be welcome.thanx Captain Zoom