All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. https://www.topretirements.com/blog/home-and-garden/an-sad-surprise-nobody-wants-your-stuff.html/ https://www.forbes.com/sites/nextavenue/2017/02/12/sorry-nobody-wants-your-parents-stuff/#65204ce524ed https://othalafehu.com/inheritance-wedding-china-crystal/ I spent 8 years selling my dads stuff.. It is getting harder to move the stuff.. fyi
  3. Today
  4. I have developed a craving for a cold glass of gluten-free tomato juice at the moment. - CC
  5. ptt

1990 coupe w/146K

Can this issue possibly be EGR related???
  6. Since it is already hot rodded why not just buy the reproductions?
  7. I'm looking at a 72 riviera thats been sitting in a garage for several years. he has no idea when it last ran. has probbly a foot worth of dust on it at least. a guy at work is selling it he inherited it from a friend of his family plus 40 other classic cars talk about lucky. any way he has no idea what its worth and I would like to be fair on my offer. the car will need new tiers the old ones are all flat and dry rotted. it dose look like both rear quater pannels will need some rust repair. and the front fenders got some rust at the bottom on both sides. the floors are nice and solid frame looks good all doors and door jams look clean. has a black leather top in good shape I would rate the interior an 8 out of 10. the yellow paint is faded but I might be able to buff it to life. the engine looks clean along with the rest of the engine bay looks almost brand new under the hood. what are rivieras of this year going for and what's a fair price for one in this shape thanks.
  8. https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/lawndale-1951-cadillac-one-off-1963/6984048430.html
  9. I started using NGK on a ford motor years ago, awesome plugs. Got NGK platinum for my buick, but haven't ran them yet.
  10. I also saw the Krit in Reno. First one I ever saw. Their logo certainly got my attention. At that time it was a non-issue.
  11. Art, you are right it is .050 (50/1000). My mistake showing 50/10000 with .0050. I played a lot of football without a helmet. Turbinator
  12. G,day Listers. Simon did your 20 come out of Canberra ? The numbers that you quote don't make sense to me. can I ask if your car has a round front axle and a cone clutch. if so its a model A of 09 if not may be a mod B of 1909. Some years ago John Burke and Edgar Bowen compiled a list of all of the Hup 20 that they could find in Australia. Edgar contacted every owner that responded and updated JBs list. However upon EBs demise the list appears lost Don't forget the national Hup rally next year in Wagga Wagga. Details in our "REGISTER" By the way Edgar could find no real 09 model A in Australia and only doubtful 09 model B. Max Burke Nulkaba 2325 Australia.
  13. Thanks, my father really liked the car. I read that Lincolns and Thunderbirds were using the motor about then, and that there was a Super Marauder in an earlier Mercury with two 4-barrels and 400 h.p. It sounds like thatversion never made it to 1960.
  14. @8E45E that is a very handsome car. Thank you for posting the photos.
  15. Built in Oct. of 1928, all metal no glass.
  16. In the mid fifties, as a teenager I worked in my Dad’s truck/ tractor ( or anything that needed repair) repair shop. The nearest parts house was in a town 30 miles away. The salesman for the parts house visited us twice a week. He told us that every new vehicle built left the factory with Bar’s Leak in it. Might have just been a sales pitch. If so, it worked. Every engine overhaul/rebuild we did left with Bar’s Leak in it. I’ve never forgotten and have used Bar’s Leaks products to this day successfully.
  17. Max BURKE

1913 Hupp 32

G,day Listers. Gossjh Unless you have your clutch brake adjusted to completely stop the input shaft of the gearbox you will never get it into low gear from standstill without a crunch when cold and probably not even when hot. When adjusted push the pedal to the stop or the floor whichever comes first with the engine at low idle. Be sure the hand throttle is set back to slow idle from the start position, let the engine warm a little from cold and any gear will engage smooth as butter. After engaging gear from standstill the clutch brake is not needed and should not be used when driving. The adjustment is fully explained in the owners handbook of which reprints are available. and it will need trimming from time to time When you are used to it on tour you probably wont use the clutch after you set off at least not in open country. My grandson regularly drives our 32 without trouble. Max Burke Nulkaba 2325 Australia
  18. Dishwashing tablets. Clothes washing machine powder. I am corrected that it may be in antifreeze. Thank you for that.
  19. The Leland Cadillac V8 was a 314 cu. in. 90 degree engine which ran from the 1915 model year through 1927. Constant improvements were made, as the huge sales volume allowed engineering advances to be integrated and amortized. The last year saw two quite different engines, with two iterations of the first of the two. 3 1/8 bore, 5 1/8 stroke for the duration. It was the Leland Lincoln which was the 60 degree V8. - Carl
  20. One of the pictures in the ad seems to show a touring or sedan rear section. I wonder if that is Buick as well?
  21. NOT MINE https://rapidcity.craigslist.org/pts/d/rapid-city-buick-roadster-parts/6998383398.html 1917/1918?,buick roadster parts - $500 (Rapid City) (605) 484-8311 1917 or 18, body parts, hood,8 doors,8 fenders,metal folding top,2/cowls,bumper,spare tire carrier, seat,4 tires and rims,some engine parts,and more!!
  22. The 1.6 liter CAS fails? Wow. Well, I never had that happen or even heard of it. I have changed that stupid o-ring more times than I can count. The thing that really surprises me is that the airflow meter has never failed. The car has over 300k miles (480,000km), and made a 4800 mile road trip in September. I am not 100% sure, but I do not believe the engine has ever been apart. It still has a short nose crank, and the defective 1990 hydraulic lifters that rattle when you slow down after a freeway run. There was a TSB for the lifters. The original owner could have had them replaced on warranty had he/she bothered. I am a former mechanic, and can usually tell if something has been overhauled. Apart from the heatshield and mounts on the header (that always break), I have not found a single mismatched bolt or missing washer on the engine or the transmission. No sealer showing where it wouldn't have been, and the hoses were all Mazda original until 2 years ago when I replaced them wholesale. It is daily driven, and fairly low maintenance, even at this mileage.
  23. Hi Kelvin The Krit looks great. You should bring out here for our tour next year. You're still welcome!! Ken
  24. G,day listers. Bob perhaps you know there are at least three types of headlamp gimbals on Hup 20 First type are low and clamp to front dumb irons with U bolts, probably phase out early 1910 Model A and early B. Then comes intermediate height two bolt per side vertically through the dumb iron phased out mid year 1911 used later B and C. Finally same type but higher used mid 1911 on to the end of mod 20 Allowing there will be a short period of overlap this is about the types used and when. Don't despair you can fabricate a pair and the link rod and if you are fussy you wont be able to tell them from original. Both of our 1911 have the intermediate height and are both mid 1911 mod C and D. Good luck with your search! Max Burke Nulkaba 2325 Australia
  25. Hi, I am helping a neighbor thin out a collection of pre-war parts. We have about 70 headlamps, spotlights, running lights, tail lights and many more. Please look at the following link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/AkFCGhoTPc6YFavC6 If you are interested, please PM, or email me at 70yearsoftreasures@gmail.com. Please reference the part number that you are interested in. Joe
  26. Watched a car exiting the parking area of a fast food place at lunch today; and the engine cut off and restarted twice, as the driver waited for a break in traffic to pull out onto the street.
  1. Load more activity