All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. No just the old stuff.. I have only one new car it is a Toyota highlander. It was a wife thing... She likes it.. It also has a high resale value..
  3. Yeh they are pretty free I had to spin them on the linisher to get them to fit the end of the rod so they feel pretty nice.
  4. You have great repair shops. and not so good one.. I look at this: I have do ship the car to CO to fix it.... https://www.tesla.com/findus/list/services/United States
  5. You might have tried this already, but the Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club maintains separate registries for surviving cars of different years and models. The guy in charge of the 1916 - 1920 Hudson, is Aaron Cooper, at xxxancoop@gmail.com (delete the xxx before sending). You might ask him. Of course, the registries only list those cars whose owners bother to send them in the the registrar (or who have listed their cars when joining or renewing membership). As to the actual production numbers of different models and body styles, sadly, these were all thrown out when Hudson merged with Nash to form American Motors, back in 1954.
  6. Can't be more than a handful of cabriolets left but being the first year of the famous Super Six engine they are quite collectable, broadly there would be more examples in other body styles. Folks familiar with these cars would be found in the Hudson-Essex-Terraplane club.
  7. Send me a message to obsolete@pnc.com.au & I will forward you some pictures. I had them identified back to front,yes,they have the straight arm.
  8. you got a typo in the link you posted Carl, that's all
  9. Today
  10. https://www.tobyknollgarage.com/
  11. Ok so I am trying to reinstall my rear bumper and spare tire holder on my 1927 Model 27 “Standard “ I installed the center bolt on both sides for the spare tire holder and then with the bumper-ettes already on the rear bumper center bar and was able to get the two bolts at the FRONT of the bumper bracket installed but the last two rear bolts on the bumper bracket that wraps around the spare tire bracket, I can not get them to catch and bring the bumper bracket towed in allowing the bolts to tighten up! i don’t want to dismount the bracket from the bumper it’s self as the bolts and nuts are powered coated/painted so I don’t want the paint to chip off on them, it’s bad enough the bolts are now chipped up that mounts the rear bumper bracket to the car, it’s clear the car was assembled them sprayed as the moment a socket touches a bolt the paint chips off! Good thing my dealership has a body shop for touch up!!!
  12. Awesome news Hugh, Big weekend for both of us! Thanks for still taking them time to message back and forth so many times with me Sir! I wish I had known you were working on your car I would not have bugged you so much!!!! Again, Congrats Sir!!!
  13. Still not working on my iPad either, Dave. But did you Google up Toby Knoll Garage ? Really great stuff. - Carl
  14. Are there any maps of where the car went? I have a feeling I have seen something, but maybe it was not that detailed.
  15. I have been wondering this myself!?!?!?
  16. yeah, but are they zero friction? If not, they apply a force to the rod which may be measurable.
  17. I'm still looking. I bought a pair from ebay but the wedge turned out to be too wide. I did not think there would be such variation in these things.
  18. My Special did that same heating / not cooling issue way back and changing the thermostat and flushing the rad didn't cure it. I eventually had to bite the bullet and re-core it and increased it to a three core which today keeps her running normally with the 180 degree thermostat with minimal raising in city traffic. I hope you have success with flushing as it is the easiest effort to try but be prepared... She sure is a beauty and is worth the efforts!
  19. It's missing the biggest, IMHO, part of the GS package for the 67 - the Starwars Aircleaner. And, according to the 'How to ID a Gran Sport' article on the website, the GS did not have chrome valve covers. But lots of other hard to identify pieces.
  20. BTW - Love that car. Thanks for sharing the photos.
  21. You can buy your air cleaner: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kaiser-Darrin-Air-Cleaner-Assembly-NEW-Reproduction/264275722620?hash=item3d880f817c:g:lo4AAOSwpY5b4fja
  22. My only thought would be to listen to what others have used before doing anything. I wouldn't, however, use anything that you would lay down in a ribbon and expect it to flatten out completely. I'd be more inclined to use a spray adhesive. There are enough others who've done this to render their opinions.
  23. I should apologize for being too dismissive earlier - some of the opposing points are well-considered. I suspect that Matt is absolutely right that CAS technology has the greatest marginal benefit for the inattentive or simply inept driver. But I think that even the best and most attentive of us falls into these categories on occasion, whether through fatigue, too much happening around us, or whatever. Nobody bats 1.000 and everyone makes mistakes sometimes. The backing-up from between parked SUVs experience is one I've had in real life, and fortunately the system worked. A sensor mounted at the rear of the car can look laterally along the traffic lane 10-12 feet before the driver's seat occupant. It is virtually impossible to avoid having to back out with limited side vision in an urban setting like a mall or parking garage. Also, the CAS is a failsafe system. No one is arguing that it replaces prudence and attentiveness. Perhaps these systems may lull some drivers into a false sense of security but I think theis "crutch effect" is being oversold in the group. Even if this really was a factor, the net effect of CAS is positive, as reflected in the 7-15% reduction in accidents. Matt is quite right that the new car CAS systems are much more powerful than the retrofit ones. Mobileye, in fact, is simply a warning system. It has no autonomous braking capability and does not have other sensors I would most liike to have. Still, at $650, it earns its keep if it avoids one deductable and the hassle of getting even a deep scratch fixed. Peter S.
  24. She loved the ride. It is a bit of a step for her to get in and out. She said it was a Humdinger.
  25. Roberta. Not sure exactly what you are saying/asking but let me attempt to answer. The BCA website contains the BOD minutes. They are there passively for distribution and without any means to comment on them. You can find the BCA minutes here: http://www.buickclub.org/board-of-directors-minutes/ This forum is a please to discuss Buicks and the BCA. This specific thread is focused on discussing the BCA minutes as posted on the BCA website. Hope that clarifies things.
  1. Load more activity