All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Nothing more I can help you with , another place to look for information is the supplement sections of NY Newspapers of the era - they would have reports on the auto shows and sometimes the salons. Would print a additional section to cover that auto show and many local dealerships took advertising in that as well listing all the dealers in the Metro NY area. Some photos issued by the PR department of the car manufacturers were used as well. Some great illustrations/images only seen in those newsprint advertising. I have several in my collection but not for the particular year you seek.
  3. Not really restored, there is a lot on the truck that is not correct. Trucks were very plain and kind of ugly in stock form. Hard to find a straight up restored one, most people dress them up with items from the passenger cars. And finish out other areas nicer then originally finished. Don’t blame them for doing it. Nice truck.
  4. The window motors are all the same, however, they are mounted to regulators specific to the window location. If your troubleshooting shows power is getting to the motor and it fails to operate, 9 times out of 10 the motor can be fixed. The motors are quite robustly designed and usually if disassembled you'll find the gear drive is packed full of old, dry, hard grease and/or one or both brushes are stuck in their holder and not contacting the commutator. Be careful if you attempt repair, however, as there is a strong clock-spring on the regulator that can hurt you if a finger is caught in the wrong place. Remove the motor with the window up and secure the window somehow to stay up when the motor is removed. If you want to send your motor(s) out for service, contact Steve Lorenzen (ROA #5684) at fostermom1962@yahoo.com .
  5. Up for sale is a bumper over rider . It measures 14" x 9" $35 plus $20. shipping to the lower 48. thanks, Don.
  6. OOOOOO. Personally I wouldn't have chopped it, but I still want it! Sadly I am too poor, but this is cool.
  7. This garage was in New York City, where, according to the internet, in 1930, it was one of the first locations converting to a 2 letter / 5 number telephone numbering plan. By the way, when I was a kid, I lived in a very small town in Brazil, in the 1980s, where the telephone numbering just had 4 digits, and any long distance calls (all phone numbers outside the town) had to be connected through an operator.
  8. There is a 1936 LaSalle hearse for sale in Pelham, MA. The previous owner did a bunch of modifications on it. Chopped the top, put “spider webs” over fender openings and other things to “improve it”. The current owner was going to restore it but has too many other projects and time is catching up on all of us! He paid $19,000 when he bought it years ago but is looking for offers. If interested, contact Denis Kitchen at denis@deniskitchen.com
  9. I couldn't help but think, for 75K, where is the rest of the car? 🙄
  10. I thought these were hyped up geo metros! No I can see the miata in it. This one looks like its ready to go 4 wheeling with those tires.
  11. An English bricklayer must have built that garage, looking at the brick layout/pattern. Craig
  12. Walt, I sent an email to Greg last week, but did not get a response. Maybe you have a different contact email or number? Thanks
  13. The subject car is a Buick Special, the others are either a Roadmaster (4 ventiports) or a Super (3 ventiports). Roadmasters and Supers used a different and larger body than the Special.
  14. Morgan, I'm sure you could..........but mechanics like high numbers in the flat rate book. But back then, even the dealership garage floor was probably just dirt, jack stands, and a bare bulb with an outhouse out back. 😀
  15. Today
  16. These Cords, when properly sorted are fantastic drivers............ I don't recommend them for a first time buyer!
  17. Looking for a complete car, unrestored, or older restoration, will consider any model Super Eight or Twelve.
  18. Such a fantastic photo! So much to see in it. The tow trucks, the building, the signs. What surprised me a bit though, was the phone number on the hoods? They had a seven digit phone number! Most of the country (and the world?) didn't expand to that point until after WW2. When I was about eight, we moved to new suburb outside San Jose California, and the "exchange we were on was "ANdrews". For first two numbers, one dialed the appropriate numerical digit for each of the first two letters in the exchange name. Exchanges were usually named after some person, business, or historic area name, that identified the area of the exchange. Before direct dialing, one would ring the operator, and request the phone number by the exchange name and then the however many digits phone number that followed it. Even in the 1950s, many smaller exchanges had only three or four numerals following the exchange name.
  19. If I was out there on the west coast, and in your neighborhood, I'd be right there with you Jack. It isn't any worse than some old rusty relics I've worked on and made run again. When I was in my early teens I pulled a few apart that never got back together as I was a kid with big dreams and little money to realize them. That still happens to young folks today. I suppose that is why there are unfinished projects on the market all the time. I, like you, will keep on pecking away at the projects until the end of this round on this earth. Afterall, it is not a race, but a hobby folks like you and I enjoy. If some are unfinished at the end it will be no big deal as we had fun doing it. Our heirs will either finish them or find someone that will. At that point it won't really matter. I suppose some will be listed as unfinished projects.
  20. A model T Ford! 1912 torpedo roadster to be exact, with one of the common "make-a-tractor" kits available in those days. What is interesting, is that the torpedo roadster was one of the very few model T cars that from the factory had a large round gasoline tank mounted outside behind the seat, instead of under the seat or hidden somewhere inside the body. Every time I see this photo, I wonder where the farmer put the gasoline tank and what he might have used?
  21. Tried that no light comes through
  22. Remember AJ, model Ts were designed to be driven by people that had never driven any car in their lifetime up to that point! In past years, when I did have occasions to teach newcomers how to drive a model T, the first thing I would tell them was to forget everything they learned about driving after about the age of six. At six, you knew mommy and daddy sat behind the wheel, turned a key of some sort, pressed a pedal or two and started the car. Then pressing pedals and moving a couple levers they began driving the car while turning the steering wheel to and fro. From that point, a model T Ford is one of the easiest cars to learn to drive.
  23. She looks great just as she is.....change nothing. Someday, your kids may have the Stearns Knight, and at that time white walls on Classics may be all the rage......you want them to leave the blackwalls on and say "dad had it with blackwalls, its staying that way". The look in the yard, spring and summer headed your way after winter, same look and vibe we've had here. it puts a charge back into me. Love those warm days after winter telling us that Summer is coming. Great for taking these cars out. I don't care how "bipolar, or confounding those Cords are, I'd like to have one. Update us how that longer trip goes if you can.
  24. My 4 cylinder has a 1 3/8" bore manifold and the carby is the same so I would go with 1 3/8".
  25. A bit more information concerning the engine would gain more useful answers. Jon
  26. Hi Craig, I could type all day about the chrome wheels; best to call me with your questions. You have my number. Thanks, Tom
  1. Load more activity