All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Hard for me to fathom that Eric Burdon will be 83 years old next month.🀯 That overfed long haired sleeping gnome is still cranking out music. Did a creditable job with "Tobacco Road" too. Probably the closest thing to John D Loudermilk's original. Animals: John D:
  3. Almost all the time. That was the first year of column shift and that particular linkage design lasted at least through 1940. VERY occasionally my 1939 would get hung up between 1st and 2nd. In such a case, shut engine off, be sure the car is not being held by gears (i.e., depress clutch and let car roll an inch or two if it will, then apply parking brake). open hood, reach down and grab the shift levers off the steering column, and jiggle them up and down and it will free up. I don't recall if there's a grease fitting on that underhood linkage (it's been 15 years, but my Jeepster has such a fitting) but if there is, that's a high priority fitting.
  4. I need to correct my earlier statement about tire size because I verified the tire size on my Riv tonight. I'm actually running 215/75R15's, not 225's! As mentioned, these tires do rub on the frame at full lock but this is so slight that I never noticed it until I took the tires off to work on the undercarriage.
  5. Auction in Illinois 1929 Buick Hillbilly Buggy *Has Title* - Aumann Auctions, Inc. This is the worst one!
  6. Sat too long. Will need paint, bodywork, tires, brakes, glass replacement, new ignition system parts, carb rebuild, gas tank attention & a fuel pump, water pump, possibly an exhaust system, some radiator work and of course a clutch. It could some interior work too. Now you've spent about 4 times what the car's actually worth. If vehicles like this are your thing, it's better to buy one that's already done or nearly so.
  7. Today
  8. Hi I have a 1948 Chrysler Royal two doors. I’m looking for the Right Rear fender molding and the Left Front Top molding. If anyone have or know where I can find this items, please let me know. Thank you Pablo H.
  9. Hi I have a 1948 Chrysler Royal two doors. I’m looking for the Right Rear fender molding and the Left Front Top molding. If anyone have or know where I can find this items, please let me know. Thank you Pablo H.
  10. Years back we painted black tires with grey tire paint. Go back to the rubber bumper ear of GM cars. When you repainted a rubber bumper you added rubber additive from the paint store. It kept the paint flexible and pliable. Not sure the additive is still available. We just used regular single stage paint and the additive. It lasted very well and one car we did about 20 years ago the tires still look good. just sayin' brasscarguy
  11. https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/junkyard-discoveries-from-ron-s-auto-salvage-in-allison-iowa/ss-BB1lLVBF?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=d7adf806d6834fe79edcdade2375ad4d&ei=127#image=1
  12. This is for you 60 FlatTop. Hope you enjoy! I guess as the OP, I can hijack my own threadπŸ˜€. You’re right about the Caddy shifting like a hot knife through butter. Pure joy
  13. I think many of them really have no clue what folks who really shop for old cars are looking at when they do. Modern car shoppers seem to look for a pretty vehicle with all kinds of electronics. Maybe the sellers think a nice picture and of course at least some modernization is all that’s required. And of course converted to 12 volts.😹
  14. I've rebuilt many Ni-Cad packs with Ni-MH, but as you say, charge them then remove the batteries from the charger for best life! I did the "upgrade" to get more use per charge (higher amp hour ratings of the new cells). The replacement Ni-Cads will work as well as they did when you bought the tool if you buy the same amp-hour cells. I did buy two cheap 18 volt batteries off Amazon to see and yep, cheap = not many amp hours. But, if you just need a Dewalt 18 volt tool now and then for a few minutes, then perfect.
  15. The steering I can see but what about the shifting, accelerating and brakes?
  16. That one looks like a '48 cap
  17. Thanks Bob for the offer, if I can take you on that I would gladly compensate whatever the cost and your time. I will be removing the broken piece next week and will send to you once you give me directions, guess we can do this through private message. The book call for the bolt to be 1.25 in length and I guess then it can be installed with or without the nut but let me send you both piece thanks again to you and EmTee Al
  18. ??? Oh, you are young! 🀣 Us old guys know it, we grew up with Eric in the Animals aka "Eric Burdon and the Animals" band and then War.πŸ˜‰πŸš’πŸš“πŸš‹πŸ› οΈπŸŽοΈ
  19. My friends are "professional vendors". They said Wednesday and Thursday have been great. Another person is a car dealer (typically 1950s-1970s) and said he has sold 3 of the 5 cars so far. Carlisle is still a good place.
  20. The doors themselves are all steel. Although I glued the striker plate holes closed with toothpicks because the screw holes were quite wallowed out.
  21. Must be a California thing. Richmond stations continued to play the 50s songs up into the 70s. I was listening to them when I was in high school. Then they were oldies stations to take over. πŸ˜‰ The late 50s songs finally went away from the oldies stations in mid 80s there. Yep, that's why I never signed up after the initial trial period on the wife's car. Same thing over and over, just like the local radio stations. I have to seek out further stations, many low power FM (LPFM) stations play a wide assortment. Since they are low power you have to listen on the web. My friend runs one in Charlottesville, WREN 97.9. He says they very rarely play the same song in a day. 50s to 70s is their range. But, as you say, 50s starts in 1955 right, Elvis?🀣 I know, 5 months later I reply. Ha!😁 I did TV repair back then at night, and it was extremely common to see a portable on top of the console I was called to fix. And then when the console was too expensive to fix I would be back to fix the portable in a year or two! I have tinnitus, so it is NEVER QUIET!!! I like background music to break up the ringing.β—πŸ˜‰
  22. If it is the same as a 36 This a pic from the front that shows where it goes.
  1. Load more activity