All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I was wondering if anyone had a wiring diagram to the switch looking at from driver seat. I put the lighting feed and cowl light in..Does the feed which is black red go on first post on the left. cowl light ,yellow is it the forth from left. Ok now we’re does the feed for taillight black red go on switch. Hope not to confusing trying to figure out . Had chemo and my brain is a little foggy. A diagram of the actual switch sure would help. Thanks Don G
  3. Had something similar happen back when I serviced tachs: 69-72 Pontiac A-body (GTO) and G-body GP dash tachs are identical except for one thing: the A body has green internal frosting on the A body (common) and a blue frosting on the G-body (rare). Guy contacts me needing a GP tach for a show and he begs if I send him my good one (spare for my GP) and he would send his in return. OK except when I get his, it turns out to be the common green one. He refuses to send mine back. What can you do ? Must say that most of the people I dealt with were honest and straightforward but just do not sell or repair stuff (except the occasional car on CL) any more.
  4. Replenished the gas supply from yesterday. Added 182 mile and subtracting my 10% adjustment puts me with just about 160 to add to the 1,447. So this lands me at 1,600 for this year. There is an outside chance for one more big trip tomorrow.
  5. The wheels are off, picture was for reference only.
  6. The body almost looks too new to have served as a rural mail carrier. Remember, we are talking about delivering mail 6 days a week, in all types of weather, in a rural setting. Great car, but I don't think being a mail truck adds to the value unless you can get documentation. I would start with your local Historical Society or even your post office to see if they have any historical pictures.
  7. Thanks for the direction. I don't have any previous maintenance records. I purchased the car last spring and this has developed.
  8. Interesting car with an interesting story. Rural mail carriers often outfitted their vehicles to suit their needs for the routes they covered. They were much like independent contractors today. A lot of left over WWI vehicles were given to the post office to use as mail transfer vehicles including motorcycles. Model A Fords have shown up as post office mail delivery vehicles, I’ve never seen a Star as such. Would be great if you find documents to match your car’s story.
  9. Me too. I might get excited when a BUICK, not a rebadged, is built. Ben
  10. Oldsmobile offered one though slightly different in 53. I just bought one with the transparencies and the original paperwork that says here is your 1953 Olds display. Wouldn't surprise me if Buick had one as far back as that as well.
  11. Hello RBK Unfortunately not my car. Its in a different country. Would you have these parts in your vast array of Studebaker bits? Cheers Chris
  12. Get the crank micked and the rod re-babbited and you are good for another 80+ years. My Pontiac averaged 166,000+ miles per babbitt job. I don't think my Grandfather ever drove it over 48 mph for the 99,000 miles he drove it. I added 400,000 miles over the last 60 years driving it as my daily driver. Many of my miles were on the highway at highway speeds, 50-55 and sometimes over 60. Nothing wrong with a proper babbit job.
  13. Today
  14. Am I really that dumb? Tells.you how often I open the rear doors. I feel like I have tried nothing and I am all out of ideas!😁
  15. Thought Bill Pollock had the only two. Bob
  16. Need the following: robe rail jump seats top rest clamps I can supply pictures of these parts and measurements, Thank-you
  17. Did you use a puller to remove the wheel from the truck? Or, are you trying to remove the wheel/drum while it is still attached to the axle?
  18. Does anyone know of a Chadwick car being restored in the Illinois area?
  19. I have a Moon Eyes Valve Breather, angled on Ebay . Thanks for lQQking ! https://www.ebay.com/itm/163914264049?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
  20. I have been searching through google images . seen one in wikepedia , think its a museum picture but dont find another and it looks a little different. I can remember dad telling me how he got it from a old man ( no offense ), in boxes, it was all in parts, with some pictures. The man was termally ill and asked if did would try and get it put together before he past.Dad said he did. I know he said that it was ordered by the post office ( dont know were ) as a mail carrier vehicle . When I was looking thru star cars for sale I seen a steel body 26 star that sold for $22,900 . This has a state title . does that hurt the value You dont have to answer that
  21. This is a picture I took on August 26,2019. Put a few miles on this summer, still a work in progress.
  22. Is there a rubber pad under the hood ornament on a 1939 LZ? Also will standard rubber pads under the trunk handle and license plate work from Macs 1939 Ford's ? Their door handle pads are oblong so I will try one of are vendors if there are no recommendation. Last question; Do we have good reviews on Vintage Auto Glass, their prices seem fair. Thanks
  23. These are from a 1931 Model 57 Buick. Not the same, but maybe the inserts will work.
  24. how do I find out how much shipping will be to 14925 Hardship Farm Pl. Waldorf Md. 20601 can you get me the price wit it
  25. If any one attended any car shows in central Iowa years ago he held a couple on his acreage Harry Spence
  1. Load more activity