All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Hi Larry. This is great, from these and the last pictures this is defiantly the same car. I really appreciate the effort you are putting into this for me and if any costs are involved or incurred please let me know as I'm quite happy to wire over the money. With kind regards Robin
  3. Hi How do i remove these moldings on the hood? I don't want to make a mistake or ruin them. Grateful for answers.
  4. Festival of Locomotion - Montevideo, Uruguay. 19th April 1917. https://cdf.montevideo.gub.uy/catalogo/foto/01485fmhge
  5. Today
  6. I thoght I hade put the year on each page? ,but here it is.
  7. 1939-1941 Plymouth Hubcap
  8. https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/youngsville-1950-studabaker-champion/7737572645.html 1950 Studabaker Champion. Was parked about 20 years ago. I believe it needs a clutch. It is in fair condition and is completely original. No major rust. cylinders: 6 cylinders drive: rwd fuel: gas odometer: 58836 paint color: red title status: clean transmission: manual contact name: Herbby Alford - (919) 630-1856 (Only one picture, but I love that front bumper!)
  9. 1929 Dodge hot rod coupe. 318 Mopar engine, Scott's Hotrods front suspension, automatic transmission, custom headers, front disc rear drum breaks, new starter, new alternator, new battery and cables. Runs great. Asking $22,500 will consider all offers. Car is located in Richmond, CA 94804. Willhastings24@gmail.com
  10. https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/carlisle-1967-p210-duett-station-wagon/7737881483.html (Priced at the high end according to other sales) For sale is a finely restored Volvo P 210 station wagon. This vehicle is also known as a "Duett". This car has been restored and in excellent condition body-wise, cosmetically , and mechanically. It is currently located in Carlisle, Pennsylvania but can be shipped. Price is $30,000.00 email - 0d029ff3e2a03667a612cdf683c70fa7@sale.craigslist.org
  11. https://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/d/saint-catharine-1949-dodge-coronet/7737944244.html 1949 Dodge coronet, 4 door, beautiful chrome throughout, brand new Coker white wall tires, new battery, runs and drives smooth as a Cadillac!! original 230 inline 6 motor, Gyro Matic transmission, great interior, great paint, no rust, radio and gauges work, current minor transmission issue, haven’t had time to fix but will if interested in car as is or perfect car for modifications Call Sheila, (502) 331-2533 (Nice car, but $10.5k with transmission problems is a stretch. Is Gyro Matic just another name for fliod drive, or something different?)
  12. 440s were available in the big cars (Fury) in 66, and its a fair bet it was on the option list for Belvedere/Sattelite as well. If I had any books handy I would look. It would be an unusual option in 1966 though. No matter. This is a 67. 66s have two headlights and rather different looking tail lights and trim on the trunk lid. Since the GTX existed in 67, and it is essentially a Sattelite with 440 or 426 and maybe some heavier duty chassis stuff, a 440 Sattelite would be an even weirder order. I am still thinking it was probably available if you asked for it. The fifth digit of the VIN will tell you what it was built with. I would bet an awful lot it wont prove to be a 440. P.S. the good heads and manifolds didn't come until 68.
  13. The force fit metal pins that hold the king pins in place finally came out with a fight. We ended that fight by using an air hammer. The actual king pins did not drop and I didn't expect they would. It took many pounds of force using press to get them out. No mallet/hammer would never have worked! Now with king pins out I await the replacement left lower control arm. I now believe these king pins were never replaced and are original from the factory in 1957. I will post pictures on Friday. I spent a good part of the day cleaning the mock off the suspension mounts on the car today. It should a nice riding Pontiac when finished! And to think that I actually thought of selling one of my two cars; no f#@king way!
  14. Thanks for posting the pictures. Looks like some amazing progress has been made.
  15. It's really the headliner that I'm most concerned about. I've never done one, and not sure where to start. I did get the front seats done before I put the project on hold. So, once I get the headliner done, the rest should be straightforward. I have very few pictures unfortunately, and I don't know why I couldn't find more. But I did find a couple early ones from when I first got it, completely unrestored, then one after the bodywork was done and primed. Then nothing that I could find anywhere. The last two were taken a few days ago. Unfortunately, it's one of three cars crammed into a two car garage. So, I couldn't get a very good shot of it.
  16. Several years ago I took the train from London to the countryside in Lincolnshire. I was going to visit a firm named Kelvedon which specialized in racing parts for Lotuses. Pat Thomas, the proprietor, was famous in the Lotus world. I had and still have a 1966 Elan. I was met at the train station by Pat’s assistant, an older gentlemen with a nearly indecipherable brogue and several missing teeth. He arrived in some small English sedan and we flew away over hill and dale toward Pat’s house and shop. Apparently he had oversized wheels and tires on his normal seeming sedan. The country road had many turns and dips. Almost every time the car hit a dip or turn the tires would seriously rub on the wheel wells emitting a sizzling noise. It didn’t bother my driver one bit. My visit with Pat Thomas was very pleasant and included lunch with him and his wife. I ended up buying quite a lot of suspension parts and some Yokohama tires that were unavailable in the states and that required me to do some tasteful flares on the lips. Lotus owners are not very pure. The trip to Pat’s was memorable but the sizzling tire rubs were the best part.
  17. Wow! So much discussion on headlights, I want to add my two cents. Working graveyard for 14 years, I always had to deal with bright headlights. One night, I was being blinded by an oncoming car. I flashed my brights, no response, so I flashed them again. That car was a cop - hit his flashing lights, turned around, pulled me over. He came on real strong, until he saw my dash cam on, then just gave me a warning. Thinking about it after, I realized they probably have their headlights high, to see licenses at night. What I have to deal with now, is all the big pickup trucks that had lift kits installed, but never adjusted their lights.
  18. I like it, especially that grille. Enough in common with its Ford brethren that parts shouldn't be an issue, and enough Mercury distinctiveness that you won't see another at a show or cruise night. Now imagine Ford had combined the Canadian Meteor's high-styled rear end with the American Mercury's grille.
  19. Trying to make things harder
  20. Here are two '51 convertibles that I consider having more attractive colors. It's interesting to note the different rear bumpers and backup light arrangement on each car. The 1951 Buick brochures for both the US and Canada picture the backup lights integrated into the bumper guards, even the station wagon, same as the 1950 models. The subject dark red convertible appears to have different rear bumper and it's backup lights attached to the body panel below the trunk. The rear emblem is located higher on the trunk lid than the others, with the lock below. Also, the subject car has what look like '60's Buick wheel center caps attached to the rear quarter panels...strange. I still feel that CA$39,500. (US$28,726.) is optimistic, at least in the US. ...from the 1951 Buick sales brochure
  21. Yeah Plymouth had a very interesting and detailed logo back in the day.
  1. Load more activity