All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. It got up to 90 today. Was nice for a change. I realized I didn’t take pictures of any of the other cars there. But that’s one of the four propellers from the SS United States. The liner that still holds the fastest time across the Atlantic from NY to Liverpool, both ways.
  3. Yesterday
  4. Hello, I have started to process of extracting a Ton of parts from a collection of Mainly Buick & GMC inline parts. I have just started but notice Many 1934 parts .. Alot are marked as 60 series but others have surfaced, Like the Radiator support marked "AMBULANCE" .. I have found '40-'41 parts & Nail Head Era parts. I will post here in the BUICK section & For Sale Section, If there is something you are looking for Please Ask & if possible include a PICTURE in your request, I am NOT A BUICK authority. I will need some assistance & patience as i DO NOT have all the parts in my possession at this time. I will be making a list of people & parts ............ Text Rick 805-746-9011 if you see anything in these pics or send pics to desoto6x2@aol.com
  5. Rather than toss out the Buick running gear willy nilly, why not check out what you have first. Lots of people have big ideas but few are able to bring their ideas to fruition. It is much easier to rebuild than it is to re-engineer. Without checking, you don't know what kind of condition your parts are. I would attempt to get the motor running, check the compression ratio, open up the trans and rear to see what the gears look like, etc, before junking everything. My two cents.
  6. pontiac1953 I am working on a 1953 Pontiac Sedan Delivery that I could use the power brakes set up and the power steering pump and steering column to finish the job. Andy's Garage Andy Wise 302-245-7276
  7. I lose money on all my hobbies, why should an old car be different? My main goal in a leisure time activity is to enjoy the time I spend doing it, not to break even or make money.
  8. Yes indeed, this nonsense of car sales, mattresses, furniture and the like having Memorial Day sales sure doesn’t fit the reason for the remembrance.
  9. I would start and say that it is pre about 1978.
  10. Yes -- my Master Cylinders -- are DOT 5 / Silicone brake fluid compatible. The master cylinder is $ 149.00 USA dollars .... I would have to have your address to find out what shipping is......
  11. Oh, ok, thanks, that clears it up for me.
  12. Thanks for the clip. In the early 80's Joyce and I went to both Talladega races. We had tickets for paddock parking and pit passes. We really liked NASCAR for their support of the fans and patriotic posture, plus the races were great. This was before the restrictor plate era. Great people & great times.
  13. My father had a 1938 Pontiac & sold it to the dealer after D-day when he went to France. He arranged to get first in line when he wanted a new car afterward. In 1947, with price controls & 6 month wait on all new cars, he ordered a Pontiac & Ford. Picked it up the Pontiac on a Saturday morning, traded in in on a new Ford. The Pontiac was now a used car not under price control. The trade in value was now greater than the price control value & the Ford dealer could sell at any value. The Ford was easier to sell than the fully loaded Pontiac. He advertised the Ford in the Sunday paper and & sold it before noon. We lived on a streetcar line & didn’t need a car. We didn’t get a car till May 1950 when my sister was born. He would sell all the appliances with a complete remodel. Actually, he traded a new kitchen, including a dish washer, for the Studebaker.
  14. We had a busy weekend with the Buicks, as we hosted a tour for the McLaughlin Buick Club. It started with a BBQ dinner Fri evening for everyone at our place, then the next day (Sat) I led a tour to two museums. The first is called Dowler-Karn, they are a long time supplier of all kinds of fuels to many consumers in this area. The owners had been collecting all kinds of gas and oil realted items for 30 years or so, then decided to build a museum to house and display the collection. There is no charge for admittance, but they ask for a donation which goes to the local Shriner's group. They had about 6 trucks on display, mostly vintage, but there was also a race truck which is currently run in drag racing from time to time. Then a huge propane truck from the 50's, some other tankers and a great looking Supertest tanker. Supertest is long gone, but the graphics used to promote themselves were first rate, and much in demand by collectors of late. Then we drove the scenic route to a tourist town on the North Shore of Lake Erie, Port Dover, which has a long history as a commercial fishing port, as well as boat building. Many artifacts have been brought together and are displayed, and run by the local county government. I took only a few pictures here, but they have the wheelhouse (bridge) from a large lake boat (ship, really, but they often call them boats on the Great Lakes) which was saved when it was scrapped years ago. On Sat, I drove the '41, and it worked out to be about 160 miles, and my daughter drove the Reatta. It was nice that there was another white one, a coupe there. Then Sun., I took everyone for a nice brunch in a restored 19th century building, this time leading with the Electra. Keith
  15. Hello, I have started to process of extracting a Ton of parts from a collection of Mainly Buick & GMC inline parts. I have just started but notice Many 1934 parts .. Alot are marked as 60 series but others have surfaced, Like the Radiator support marked "AMBULANCE" .. I have found '40-'41 parts & Nail Head Era parts. I will post here in the BUICK section & For Sale Section, If there is something you are looking for Please Ask & if possible include a PICTURE in your request, I am NOT A BUICK authority. I will need some assistance & patience as i DO NOT have all the parts in my possession at this time. I will be making a list of people & parts ............ Text Rick 805-746-9011 if you see anything in these pics or send pics to desoto6x2@aol.com
  16. I had a similar issue with one of my cars. It had the grease fitting on the top of the king pin. What happened was the grease in the pin from age became so hard no grease would go through. I needed to remove the king pin, clean out the grease passage and all was fine.
  17. The brush was not the point. It was knowing the first look would be one to see what flaws caught the eye. Anyone can do sub-par work, it is using the obvious flaw to distract the casual, self appointed judge that needs to suit the audience. In the old car hobby it doesn't take long to figure out the "territory". Par was a good choice of words for this topic. One of my little games is to innocently take statements literally, then repeat it back in a very bewildered manner. Like the old golfer said "That's par for the course, but we never thought anyone would make it". It'd sport to git the old mavins when you can.
  18. I don't really care if they play the Monkeys or Mozart ,just keep it in the background so that you can have a conversation without having to raise your voice ! Jim
  19. Lack of flashing caused the leak. I'm running all my own power. I'll have about 1k in it when done. But not having a whole new service from the electric company just a sub panel off my other garage.
  20. I've also had enough of the doowop stuff and think that a mix of music from different eras might be nice. Note, however; that I do not think that rap is music! Cheers, Grog
  21. Thursday lineup in front of the Gooding tent is free and open to the public. I never said going into the tent.........for that you need a bidders pass.
  22. Lebowski; Thanks for posting the video. Cheers, Grog
  23. This original clear back door glass was removed from a 1949 or a 1950 Pontiac sedan delivery. It is in very good used condition and has a slight bow to it. Comes with the intact stainless surround trim and the rubber gasket but the gasket is full of tiny cracks and should be replaced. Price is $150 and the location is in Elizabethtown, PA, close to Hershey. Available for local pick-up or I can ship it to the lower 48 states.
  24. Chrysler emblems are not too difficult to come by so you might be able to find a decent original on ebay or at a swap meet. Terry
  25. Not exactly a brush, but 35 years ago it was still possible to paint like this in a backyard garage (really an oversized lean to), using an ancient single stage compressor and simple Lacquer. This picture is a year old taken by Ed, and the work has held up great. BUT, the guys that can do that job, and are willing to show up to your garage are all gone now. I'm guessing a 100k to do that paint now.
  26. Yes, there was a time when Indy was a big party-all week long. I remember seeing some custom-built rigs that were strictly for Indy viewing and partying. Remember the old infield parties, and the "snakepit" very well. Even though it's been cleaned up a lot, it's still one heck of an adventure. It need to be on every car lovers bucket list. Seeing it in person is vastly different than watching on TV. Nothing can describe the velocity of those cars going by you at over 200 MPH like being there in person. Terry
  1. Load more activity