All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. My turn lights on my 70 Riviera used to work fine. Now they don't work at all and they blow the turn light fuse immediately if I try to use them. I'm not sure if this is related or not but I had a mechanic tighten the bolts at the base of the tilt steering wheel because it had caused an issue with the car and it wasn't long after that job was done that the turn light problem started. Could there be a pinched wire going from the turn light switch causing this problem or should I be looking for something else?
  3. 46-48 Ford car without the finish bar that goes on the top. Here's a dealer who doesn't have one in stock. Perhaps you could contact them and make a deal. http://richardsclassicparts.com/index.php/car-parts/trim-moldings-grilles/1946-48-ford-car-grilles.html
  4. Where is the fuel filter located on a 90 Reatta and is there only one filter in the fuel line? Thank you.
  5. They started charging for "Services Offered", skilled trades, last year. I used to run ads occasionally for electric side work. That was the end of it for me
  6. Could be 31 Buick ? I have both axles but only 1 wheel, it looks very similar Greg
  7. I never use CL only KIJIJI that is run by EBay. I sold two lathes on it Tuesday but that was an exceptional day.
  8. You might try 5 star engine exchange, Glendale Arizona. I bought a Chevy 350 , 325 hp engine from them. I put about 7500 miles on the engine , so far It's been a great engine. It looks like they do quality work.
  9. Today
  10. I believe the 1930 Chrysler 66 engine has a timing gear rather than a timing chain. If this is your case, I believe these are unique. The 1930 DeSoto Packet truck engine also uses timing gears. This reverses the rotation of the camshaft. Rick
  11. Bill Do you have a CM6 owners manual? Lots of good info in there. Ken
  12. Hmmm.... all my fittings are bronze. The tubing is copper but I don't think there is any brass there. I did, originally, make brass flanges but I didn't like the mismatched color and wasn't really happy with their form so I made a pattern and had the guys next door get me two bronze castings.
  13. Came across a bent - up, beat - up radiator shroud, and wondered if anyone had any need for it. Free, but pay for the shipping. I'm in northwest Montana. No response in a couple of weeks, I'll take it to the dumps. Call me at 406-854-2088. Willy
  14. Every time one of these sells, I think that there will be a "Newbie" joining the forum with all sorts of questions on all of the things that Jim mentioned. Plus a need to verify it's a real Gran Sport - after the sale.
  15. A while back, Mr. Earl was offering a Buick CD, and it included this recording. Just think, a room full of trained musicians, all performing perfectly. No synthesizing, correcting or editing. Just how it came out of the instruments. I love big bands, and such a snappy tune!
  16. Rick in your original post you state, "The owners manual says the adjustment is via a spring change." I take from this statement that there is no adjustment of the oil pressure other than changing the spring to a different one for various pressure settings ie there is no mechanism to screw in or out to adjust the pressure. If it has been re-installed correctly and it is all clean this should not be an issue in my opinion. I also note that in a later post you state, "I pulled the adjuster out of the side of the block at that time, it looked clean and I put it back in." Could explain what you mean by "adjuster" Before taking any drastic steps to replace the bearings perhaps you could consider draining the oil and refilling with 15W40 oil and see what effect this has on oil pressure.
  17. Here is one we sold.. You can see me in the picture..
  18. 1908-1918 - first contract McLaughlin had with Buick supplying the chassis and running gear and McLaughlin building the bodies After, they were much the same, but McLaughlin-Buicks tended to have a bit higher finish / trim / interior. There were things like different hub caps (although essentially the same in many cases, just had the longer name). After WWII, the McLaughlin name was gone, although Canadian cars did have some differences in model / style numbers and some years like 1952, the US Special was replaced in name by the Canadian DeLuxe.
  19. Want to buy: 1) Door panel stainless trim from a Super coupe or Roadmaster convertible 2) Stainless trim from Roadmaster trunk lid (Model 73A, 76A, or 76C, or trunk and roof if from 73 or 76) 3) Roadmaster 2 door front seat or 4) Roadmaster parts car (coupe or convertible 76, 76A, or 76C). I also have LOTS of other 57 stuff to trade if interested.
  20. If you get around to changing the brake hoses, try also ensuring the junction block is not clogged. Since it sits low, if car sits for a long spell with impurities in fluid it can collect there and cause a blockage.
  21. LOL Actually the rear axle is still under there but she is so badly rusted out that the the coil springs have pushed up through the rear trunk shelf... I didn't cut anything off the trunk floor, I just grabbed it piece by piece and threw it in a pail. Saving it this long was more about not having find places to store parts inside the garage but that ship has now sailed!
  22. Good thing I can sometimes sit on my hands. I have in-laws in the Spokane area. It’s green too, which She Who Must Be Obeyed would be happy with.
  23. A long term thought, once the shop walls are insulated, would be to create murals / set pieces to create something of a display within. Whether that happens or not only time will tell.
  1. Load more activity