All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I would call it a buggy wrench.
  3. Who is going to look at it? I suggest you remove the pan, knock out the dents and flatten the mating flange on a flat surface, repaint and reinstall.
  4. 35 cents an hour times 20 hours is $7.00. I could have done the job in 15 hours.
  5. The exhaust angle is different on the later one. It will fit, as far as fit goes but you have to modify the ex pipe.
  6. As long as you can return it if it does not fit, go ahead and buy it. Verify their return policy does not include a restocking fee.
  7. I'm posting this for one of our members who is getting to the time when he's ready to thin his collection a little. It's an extremely good original car (65000 miles) that has had one repaint. My friend Paul is the third owner, having purchased it from another member of our HCCA Regional group so we know the car's history right back to its original owner. It has a good story. The car is originally from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The first owner drove it through the thirties until he parked it around the start of the war. It seems that the combination of gas rationing and failing vision were the reasons for parking it. But the Packard was still his baby so he did a few house renovations and parked it right inside the house. From there he could admire it and keep it looking good. Over the years he used it as his reading room and he polished it until the paint was worn through. After his death his widow left it there for many years before her estate finally sold it in 1976. The second owner repainted it and refreshed the engine to make it a good road car. Paul bought the car in 2005 and has installed a new crown and pinion to give it a better cruising speed. It is quite happy at 55 mph. It is a strong runner and has been on a few long tours. In 2008 he drove it 600 miles to Fernie BC, in the Rocky Mountains to join our tour which took it a further 700 miles back to Victoria BC. Both ways crossed several mountain ranges in summer heat and the car performed extremely well. Currently, the car has been in heated indoor storage for about 5 years. Although the paint is old it shows very well and the original interior is amazingly good. Except for the taillights, the plating is all original and also in extremely good condition. It is located in the Vancouver, B.C. (Canada) area. PRICE: $60,000 CAD (approximately $45,000 USD) NOTE: The outdoor pictures shown below were taken on our cross-B.C. tour in 2008. All the indoor pictures were taken today. More pictures can be seen at https://russellcars.ca/31packard .
  8. Even rarer are the '61 Meteor 600's with the 223 straight six. Only year Mercury wasn't all V8 in the senior cars.
  9. Look around for an upholstery supply shop. There should be one in your area. They have the cotton padding and other supplies upholsterers use. Fabric shops have the cloth, it is not special, about like what shirts are made from. On second thoughts, I would use something like the Tyvek used on houses, to cover the wooden slats then put the cotton over that.
  10. Searching the web for information about the previous photo, I came across this website. To my surprise, I found a picture of “Almendrón” my ex-Roadmaster that was part of “Cuba Nostalgia”, an exposition that was held back in Miami on 2016. The exposition theme was to celebrate pre-revolutionary Cuban history, folklore, music, food to include transportation thus the Buick showing among other automobiles of the era. I’m posting the author’s caption that makes reference to the actual condition of the old American cars still in use today on the island; the same view of thoughts previously exposed on this forum.
  11. Wasn't exactly what I was thinking of, but that answered a song question that I've had for decades, so thanks!
  12. It's on par with most Ford's and Merc's of that era I've found, at least up here. Will definitely agree that grill is oof
  13. That's what I figured. Dont' know why they wouldnt' say that it's not the original drivetrain. Not like going to Thunder Bay is a quick drive.
  14. Ok good to know. Was thinking it might be a mislabelled '67, but I dont' know enough about the differences to know if it's mislabeled or not.
  15. Try Bob's Automobilia https://bobsautomobilia.com/?post_type=product&s=fuel+sender
  16. Pretty selfish you are, AND that is the problem. You might be able to see fine, but there is the problem of other drivers being blinded by your selfishness who may or may not be able to safely drive with your blinding lights glaring at them. Perhaps try to be less selfish and give the headlight relays a try, they can vastly improve your existing incandescent lights and the improvement will be noticeable to you without creating blinding glare to others.. Give it a shot, I suspect you will shocked on how good those lights will become. If you don't believe me that the existing wiring is causing much of the problem you seek to fix, try taking a volt meter and checking the voltage at the lights with engine running.. Guarantee you will only be reading about 10V and at 10V you are only getting about 70% of the light you should have. And no, I am not an "old codger", just smarter and wiser than most LED headlight converting fools..
  17. All: Support for this has been great; much better than I expected; many thanks to all. Here is a picture of "Guido."
  18. Today
  19. I was told to use cotton quilt batting available at fabric stores for roof padding on my woodie station wagon. Also, I was told not to use foam or synthetic or man made padding because it will break down in summer heat. Cotton quilt batting is pretty thin, about 1/8"thick. Multiple layers can be used if you want. Trimacar on this forum gave me these hints.
  20. Hi guys, I’m working on my 1937 Dictator 5A. I’m looking for the original hydraulic shock absorbers. The ones on my car are replacements and don’t have the drain plug to drain and refill the hydraulic oil. They don’t have to be NOS, just an original set for the front and back. Thanks, Nate
  21. Are the motors for the two passenger side windows the same? Who do you most trust to,provide replacements, please?
  22. Timely thread. Got to examine these two beauties from 1926 a few days ago. Both have their original Climax R6U engines. While a bit worse for wear they have a fascinating story behind them which I will have to share at another time.
  23. Fortunately, there isn't a ton of interior work involved on a sedan delivery. The seat is a plain HD taxi-grade vinyl, and the door cards were probably heavy cardboard, as well as the headliner, unless it used Fleetleader door panels. And the floor covering was a rubber mat in the passenger area only. Craig
  1. Load more activity