All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Dave, Thanks for the generous offer but it will not work on a 1953 Buick with a Dynaflow transmission. After doing some additional digging, the donut-shaped boot in your picture with the incorrect box is listed in the Buick Part’s Books as Part #1334298 for 70-Series 1948 Buicks with D.F. and 1949-1952 Buicks . . . but a few supply houses say it is also used on some 1953 models but don’t explain which models. Part #1346201 that’s printed on the box is listed in the Buick Part’s Books as the original and correct number for 1953-1955 Buick boots and was replaced by #1170199. The OEM boots do not have an embossed number and I agree with you that they remain very pliable. I wouldn't hesitate using mine after rebuilding another transmission. FWIW. 1956 Buick transmissions used two bonded rubber compression rings which acted as a double rubber cushion and seal between the torque ball and the inner and outer retainers. In 1957, a single bonded rubber contact ring between the inner and outer retainers formed the oil-tight seal. Al Malachowski BCA #8965 “500 Miles West of Flint”
  3. Factory dual manifolds off a 56 buick century. One stud missing with a bolt in its place (see photos). No cracks, heat riser moves... $500 plus shipping
  4. Keiser31, That would be fine if the pivot measurements are close and not brittle. Mine measure 1 3/16” c/c between the bottom pivots and 6” vertical between the bottom and top pivots. Steve
  5. Looks like the heat riser side is 1167750-1 and the other is 1167751-4. Note the picture with my finger in it where a stud has been replaced with a bolt.
  6. What do you think of any of these? https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars-for-sale/buick-reatta-for-sale?limit=50
  7. Shift knob for '63-'67 Buick automatic console floor shift. Excellent wood insert and excellent chrome. No pitting ! In as nice condition as an NOS piece. $55 plus shipping Thanks for looking, Loren
  8. Fits 68 and newer, but this is 69 or newer as it has BUICK on door. Very nice shape, been in dry storage for decades. Not tested. $100 plus shipping.
  9. Do you have a picture? There might be one grease fitting on the side of the axle and/or one on the top of the king pin. I have seen both.
  10. My 1930 Model A is leaking oil around the horn rod at the base of the steering box. It is not just a small leak it really comes out fast from around the rod when you add oil. Can this be fixed or is it a complete rebuild of the steering box? Thanks for your help.
  11. That 4 Dr hardtop is such a nice car. If I wasnt armpits deep in a roadmaster... Someone needs to get that solid start to a good car!
  12. That is a beautiful Lincoln Zephyr that looks to be in great condition. The front end is a styling masterpiece IMHO. There is one in June Hemmings that is totally restored and has won numerous awards starting with 1st place Concours 2013 Lake Tahoe. The ad mentions the real gold trim so it is correct. The price is $75,000.
  13. Shift knob for '63-'67 Buick automatic console floor shift. Excellent black plastic insert and excellent chrome. No pitting ! In as nice condition as an NOS piece. $45 plus shipping Thanks for looking, Loren
  14. Today
  15. Had a lot of fun at the Indy 500 weekends during the 80's. We would drive down from Ontario Canada and stay in the bowling alley parking lot on 16th ave in a motorhome. Those were the wildest weekends I ever had! No event I ever attended in Canada could compare to the party at Indy, and no race has come close, including the Daytona 500.
  16. His curved dash is being fitted with a Briggs and Stratton engine, early Model T wheels,and a 490 Chevy rear end modified for chain drive. He and some neighbours are building several more replicas to tool around in. Downtown Morpeth may soon be full of them !
  17. Turn signal lever for '65 Riviera. Black knob is in nice condition, not perfect but not broken. Chrome has some pitting. $25 plus shipping Thanks for looking Loren
  18. Did Humber have a big "H" on the door panel? I'd think a pocket would be more practical. EDIT: Or is that the pocket flap?
  19. I would love to see another show at the New Bern NC location. Great location and great restaurants and Great people..
  20. I would love to see another show at the New Bern NC location. Great location and great restaurants and Great people..
  21. I would love to see another show at the New Bern NC location. Great location and great restaurants and Great people..
  22. Would like to know anyone's thoughts about what this car is worth. Not sure about gold trim inside?? Thanks
  23. Clutch plate alignment is critical. If the plate is not exact center the nose of the input shaft wont go into the pilot bushing. I have had someone push the clutch pedal right at that critical point and things went into alignment.
  1. Load more activity