All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I would love to tour with my BC friends. Thank you for the invite. Working on finding car, I should be good to go later this year. love touring in BC. Brings back great memories. i also love doing local stuff in my T. Great conversations, rides, and education with younger folks. I am excited for the future of brass car touring. Thanks Peter!
  3. Could it be because it isn't even a manufacturer...? Afterall, the key word in the poster is "builder". As most of you know a lot of jobbers (body builders) who provided special body types were also at times referred to as "Motor Co's" but were no more than subcontractors building bodies for a diverse lineup of marque manufacturers. The list of body builder companies was endless and went on for decades.... I believe one of us will find an ad that will show this company and prove my theory, I doubt we find them to be a manufacturer in the end though. My theory is, I believe that Camden, Medford Bus Company that worked on truck names such as Oneida, White, Reo, Mack and others will be connected somehow. Key words for that ownership team are "Gick" and "Bingemann" in and around mid 1920s and I'm thinking that something caused them to focus on the location of Marlton. Just a hunch from studying other chronological and genealogical paths in the past. Lastly, I believe the era will probably be between 1929 to the mid 1950s for this builder. Can't prove it yet, but that's the path I'm heading in my research.
  4. Couple years ago I was driving my 1919 Locomobile in the neighborhood at 20 MPH when a sudden shudder went through the entire car. After a few seconds it was over. Everything seemed normal. Later, we found a couple teeth broken off the ring gear. My pre-WW1 expert in Arizona believes it was simple fatigue of century-old metal. Fortunately, I had a new, never-used Phil Hill gearset for a replacement.
  5. Don, since you'll be retired, how about joining us for our annual tour in Grand Forks, BC, June 17 - 20? We'd love to have you join us - 23 cars registered, all but two are brass-era. Besides a good contingent of Model Ts, we have Columbia, Ford Model K, Chalmers, Cadillac, Rolls-Royce, and TWO Canadian Russell-Knight cars (something you will not see anywhere else in the world.) Four days of great drives and interesting stops, HCCA style. To answer the question of the original post - drive the car and show in whatever way works for you. I prefer the tours but I've also taken a brass-era car (or motorcycle) to the neighbourhood cruise-in, car shows (I'm not a fan but the cars get a LOT of attention), parades, and other nearby events. I've also had them in TV shows or movies. In the last week I've driven my 1915 Russell to visit friends on Saturday, lunch on Sunday, band practice on Monday, the gas station on Wednesday ($$$) and will be in the annual Little League opening day parade on Saturday, probably in the rain. Peter Findlay, President, HCCA Vancouver Regional Group
  6. Thanks for the quick ID! I guess it should be easy to find a new home for them then.
  7. Today
  8. https://www.mecum.com/lots/1119250/1955-chevrolet-bel-air-hardtop/ 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air Hardtop (Pictured below the two following links) Mecum LOT S243 // SATURDAY, MAY 18TH// INDY 2024 265/162 HP V-8, Built to Replicate GM's 50 Millionth Automobile, Multiple Award Winner (Here's some history, if you are interested... https://automotivehistory.org/50-millionth-gm/#google_vignette https://www.autoevolution.com/news/1955-chevrolet-bel-air-is-an-unexpected-junkyard-gem-with-a-rare-feature-209055.html Chevrolet also sold 5000 "commemorative edition" sedans that are scarce today, after 70 years... The replica... Radio delete...
  9. Very nice 37S2de. Are those chrome wheel covers?
  10. I was hoping someone could offer some advice on my issue. We are trying to start our old Buick. I usually prime the vacuum tank and it starts. That is no longer working. The last time I got the car to start I slowing advanced the throttle to increase engine speed and it promptly stopped running. It has not started since. I know it is getting gas. I took the top plate off the carb and it has plenty of gas supplied to it from the vacuum tank. We also checked to ensure we are getting spark from each spark plug too. We turned the engine over and tested each plug. The plugs are clean and not dirty. I am at wits end. I have tried every trick I learned from my father. None are working. This car has been in my family since 1964. It has 7k original miles on it. I need to get it running and moved to a different garage since the home it has had since it was brought to Omaha is eventually going to be sold to settle an estate. Any advice would be appreciated..
  11. Oddball. Engine offset with trans aside. Final drive to two chain drives
  12. Mine are missing... thought there was something wrong! Thanks guys
  13. In the current Antique Automobile. this is the only known Model A 3 window coupe with the straight window. There is one slant window. talk about rare
  14. 1952 last year for the outside spare tire cover, 1937 the instrument panel was moved to in front of the driver.
  15. I'm not sure there is any wood in the body except for the floor boards and roof which shouldn't be hard to replace. I can't remember for sure when Chrysler products went to all metal but I think it was around 1928.
  16. It’s all perspective. I grew up with Model Ts. Did my first tour at 14 and change, Spokane to Nelson BC and back, no trailers (1978.) Now that I’m almost retired (32 days) I have every plan to go out on tour. I’ll find a car that I can drive out west, or trailer to a place and do other parts of the country. I do want a big pre16 car, but have seen this done in a Model T, EMF (10k on one tour) a Winton (32 states, etc. it can be done if you plan and prepare correctly. So perspective. Just drive it. Great history below back to the 70s. I saw these tours as a kid. Want to bring the 70s style touring back! One guys dream is another's nightmare, but I will make it happen for myself. https://www.pathfinderstranscon.com/
  17. That's a long ad but after reading I believe the seller to be someone a buyer could trust. It's also also a car that could be purchased and driven for a long time and enjoyed. Tough to bet these Buicks for a cross country trip.
  18. Good straight sheetmetal,obviously incomplete,will need new wood,some internals and other parts. Some lower pitting,don't see any rustout. Identification is tentative and believed correct but not guaranteed so look them over and make sure they're the ones you need before you buy. They are 30" wide on the top,a hair under 45 1/2" tall. One still has the glass hanging in it. $350 for the pair. Prefer they be picked up,can ship if necessary.
  19. This is something that doesn't show up very often. Are they really worth the asking price in this condition.
  20. Those push pins look correct. I can see them in the first photo of the 1926 model 40 with the original interior.
  21. 1937 Studebaker President rumble seat coupe. Studebaker made 133 of these . I have bought and sold this car twice. I loved buying it each time and regretted selling it each time. The first time I bought it was in 1985. I was living and working in Virginia and the company I was working for transferred me to Louisiana. I just had too many antiques. I kept the ‘63 Avanti and the ‘58 Porsche and the ‘38 Oldsmobile and sold the ‘37 Studebaker and immediately knew I made a mistake. I kept track of it and was able to buy it back in 1994 or 1995. During that ownership I did a complete, bare frame, restoration. I took it to the 2015 Studebaker International meet in St Louis and foolishly allowed myself to be talked out of it. I know where it is and have told the current owner that I might be interested if he ever decides to part with it, but I’ve been downsizing recently, so I know that that is probably just not gonna happen. Sure shouldn’t have sold it that second time. Tom
  1. Load more activity