All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Another Easter has come and gone and my family seems to be getting smaller with everyone's busy schedules... Mom drove over in her Van and of course parked in the driveway so she could get out without stepping in the unfinished yard next door. So after driving the Special with my son to go and pick up my brother-in-law, I had to park on the road. At 91 I guess I can't complain about not having to go and get her too! (so far...) The weather was warm at 72 degrees during the day but still cools off fast when the sun starts to go down. The day wasn't all about the Buick but I'm using it when ever I can just like I did some 47 years ago. 😍
  3. I agree with the "survivor" notion, looks like it may have been army issue? great patina.
  4. Get it running, ditch the wood wheels( ☠️) and drive it!😊
  5. No, its been closed, actually still had a bit of pressure when I took it apart. I have replaced the condensor, drier, and did the STV conversion. I was encourage by the insides of the STV, super clean. I also flushed all the lines and evaporator, then sealed it up until I can get it pressurized. Will need a new compressor and main compressor lines. Reran all my vacuum lines, all the doors work so fingers crossed.
  6. well dd you do it correctly the marks on cam and main shaft need to be together is the motor out of time ??????? only you or your rebuilder know that
  7. John, a possibility BUT we will need to stay in touch closer to the event. I am just not sure there will be space! We have a record crowd already but I will try my best to make it happen. Definitely can get you on the grass but on blacktop is a wait and see.
  8. Many years ago we needed a set of 14" drums for a 1908 Pullman. The originals were worn literally paper thin. We bought 2 14" diameter slugs of steel and chucked them in the lathe. A few days later we had 2 perfect drums and 4 55 gallon barrels of turnings. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
  9. Hi, could you please share with me some of the chemical safe services?
  10. See, you jogged my feeble memory... Add to my list a 1941 Ford Woodie Maybe I'll remember some others eventually About the nightmares about termites......no nightmares.
  11. Today
  12. One of GM's first casualties. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?46653-Orphan-of-the-Day-12-04-1910-Cartercar Got the axe in 1915. Craig
  13. Did they design it this way out of convenience/cost savings or was there some other reason?
  14. I suspect that it would be nice to have a business that people give you your inventory. with a big investment in time and very little pay?
  15. Did you notice how the car was lifted in the air for the underside shots? It certainly wasn’t by the frame. Scary! Overall a very nice car with a good history.
  16. Looking for new/used/aftermarket 38-40 hubcap medallions. All help much appreciated, Jeff
  17. The original poster hasn't even visited the Forum for 4 years--since 2015. Try sending him an e-mail, hoping that his e-mail address is still the same. I remember him from his forum correspondence back then. The value of the Australian dollar was going down, and his means of buying a car in America was being diminished. But who knows now? He might be very glad to hear from you.
  18. I'm looking for someone who can make/supply hubcap medallions for a 1938 Cadillac V16. Any leads, new, used or aftermarket much appreciated. Thanks, Jeff
  19. They were known for their unique friction drive transmission. Easy to drive and infinitely variable speed.
  1. Load more activity