All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Group #4.115 Bolt, Long part #1335079 up to trans #F-100 on 40-50 series, and G-100 on 70 series. Bob
  3. Part of it may have started out as this....or a cross between this and a 1957.
  4. It's not a seal. It's an oil slinger. It's what it is and not much you can do about it except hope you have no blow-by when your rings have settled in. some engines could be fitted with a split seal top and bottom halves to fit into the block [ before crank fitted ] and rear main cap [ before fitting this to the block ] but not sure if you can get one for this engine. A friend of mine has a 29 Chev and was quite surprised when he saw the size of the Dodge diff on my car. Even the gearbox is tiny in comparison to the dodge one.
  5. A quick look at the Buick Master Parts list 1916-1932 suggests that 1922 & 1923 4 cyl models have a lot of interchangeable parts for rear brakes. Some parts changed for 1924. I highly recommend that you order a copy, available a Amazon and other online sources. It will pay for itself in saving you from buying something that will not fit. I have a 4 cyl rear axle with brake parts and will have to figure out what year it is tomorrow. Kevin
  6. If I had a choice of these Chryslers as far as years go, 1954 would be the one. For some reason I just really like them. Can't help but wonder why there is no photos of the interior or Engine compartment?
  7. Here I am quite a few years ago on a 32'er....
  8. Your basic "stripper". At least it has a heater. The six cylinder engine is probably what saved it from generations of hot rodders, that and not having a radio.
  9. The Titanic never looked so good! If this car has spent it's whole life in or near Hermiston your not going to have to worry about rust. That whole area is considered high plains desert. Been through there more times than I can count. Before air-conditioning it used to be a great place to buy Ice Cold Watermelon in the summer time.
  10. Today
  11. DFOXY, Photos of what you have would help. 1926 Oldsmobiles are extremely rare. I am only under the assumption that many parts are similar to what Buick was using. In 1926, Buick was using a pot metal distributor. The potmetal grew over time. This may explain why the distributor was not held in place. Long term, people with 1926 Delco distributors replace them with 1930 Buick series 40 distributors. Model 640 Delco distributors. As Stude light says, find compression on number 1 cylinder, then rotate until you have the TDC mark in the timing inspection window. On a Buick, TDC is the 1-6 line. Then you can set the distributor location based on when the points just open. Attached are instructions on setting the timing statically, and then using a timing light. Hugh
  12. This definitely appears to be a 1930, not a 1931. Different model numbers and beltline styling. Interior was "restored" incorrectly from original. Gotta be a low production body style.
  13. Blue green shed is full of mostly Whippet parts. Been collecting fourty years:
  14. It’s also the difference between feeling you’re nuts and feeling your nuts.
  15. Wanted 1936 Pontiac4-door rear driver side quarter window Attached is what I am looking for.
  16. Question.. so the series 17 and 18 are both SF? What about series 16? Ive got a parts book I cant find a reference to SD, SF, was there an SE? Once I get down into the dirt and splinters im finding a lot of difference between series. Is there a chart that explains this? What about Canadian models, other than the "W" for Walkerton. Mr. Quin says my 17 series 18 SF is Canadian. I understand that series overlapped years a bit. I worked in a factory for a couple years and I have a new understanding of organized confusion oh boy im getting dizzy 🤪
  17. Time and Place: A St. Paddy's party in my residential community's clubhouse. Cast of Characters: Me, a fellow resident, and a 40-something woman guest. Opening scene: The other member has introduced the woman to me as a guy with a lot of old cars. Guest: I love old cars! Me: What era? Guest: Forties and fifties. Me: Yes there were some nice cars then. But I have 5 cars made before World War One. Guest: Oh, WOW! I guess they all had automatics back then, didn't they? Me: HUH??? It almost makes sense. She grew up when most American cars, other than the bottom of the line that she never saw, had automatics. Sticks were just coming back in a few muscle cars and hot exotics - that is, they were something new and exciting. They couldn't possibly have had them back as far as World War One, could they? I bought her a drink, but only because by then I needed one. SHEESH!
  18. Look on a map - Marion is in the north west corner of Montana. More photos:
  19. I wasn’t about to guilt trip the owner. I totally understand his feelings. The DMV is so difficult to deal with in a situation like this. Do you know much about fees associated with using a YOM plate. I know there’s a yearly charge but someone wrote on this group that they will add another yearly value increase every year?
  1. Load more activity