All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I have been asking around trying to find a dependable, decent restoration facility somewhere in and around New England/mid-Atlantic to send our 24 Packard. We could care less about ever showing the car we just want someone to do the engine properly and take their time and go through all the mechanicals so we can start using it more. In talking with some folks in Hershey It was suggested that I would be a fool to not consider sending the car down south or out west as the same quality work could be done much more affordably outside of the northeast. I am not looking for a cheap way out- I would happily spend more to have things done correctly. - I'm just wondering if they don't make a good point given that I'm not looking for a show winning restoration just someone to freshen the car up to a level were we can use it and not have to worry about it. I don't want a Babinsky level restoration on a car that my 3 yr old is going to try and load the family dog into and good thing too because I'm sure I cant afford it anyway! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
  3. Nice car! hope it is lucky for you. How does it drive? Looks like it has bias ply tires?
  4. I will have three Buick motor mounts available for purchase soon. IM me if interested in one or more. Each vehicle series listed below takes two of these mounts. These appear to be dirty but unused NOS parts with the GM part number labels still attached to them. Part Number: 1376874 1961-1963 BUICK LeSabre Series 4400 1961-1963 BUICK Invicta/Wildcat Series 4600 1961-1963 BUICK Electra Series 4700 1961-1963 BUICK Electra 225 Series 4800 1964 BUICK Electra Series 4700 1964 BUICK Electra 225 Series 4800 1965 Buick WILDCAT SERIES Series 46000 1965 Buick ELECTRA 225 SERIES 48000 1965-1966 Buick Riviera Series 49000 Disclaimer: Buyer assumes all responsibility and risks associated with purchasing 50+ year old parts. Seller will not be held responsible for improper use of or for the performance of parts.
  5. Seems like that should fit 55-56 also?
  6. I will have three Buick motor mounts available for purchase soon. IM me if interested in one or more. Each vehicle series listed below takes two of these mounts. These appear to be dirty but unused NOS parts with the GM part number labels still attached to them. Part Number: 1376874 1961-1963 BUICK LeSabre Series 4400 1961-1963 BUICK Invicta/Wildcat Series 4600 1961-1963 BUICK Electra Series 4700 1961-1963 BUICK Electra 225 Series 4800 1964 BUICK Electra Series 4700 1964 BUICK Electra 225 Series 4800 1965 Buick WILDCAT SERIES Series 46000 1965 Buick ELECTRA 225 SERIES 48000 1965-1966 Buick Riviera Series 49000 Disclaimer: Buyer assumes all responsibility and risks associated with purchasing 50+ year old parts. Seller will not be held responsible for improper use of or for the performance of parts.
  7. Sorry I just measured the rust bubbles and update my post in inches.
  8. My guess is about a 1922/23 Buick 4 cylinder car.
  9. Had a black DD once...ONCE, never again! Nothing prettier when it's clean but it never is. It's nice you include original wheel covers but I think wheels you have on it look better.
  10. this will be done once the connecting rod's are confirmed to work with Crank and the piston's are confirmed to go back into the engine within spec.
  11. Thanks to all who commented for a lot of good information. I have decided to go with the Lucas Olympic tires and will work with my tire shop to get upgraded truck tubes if possible, I will follow up after they are done.
  12. I agree on replacing the wood on the wheels. Try Stutzman in Berlin, Ohio. They have done several sets of wheels for me.
  13. Hi I am interested in your pulley. I am in Canada. If willing to mail here could you give me total cost with postage to Canada postal code L1J8K1. Regards, Robin
  14. I also passed 41 years married to my bride last May. It has been a great trip, especially when I need a second set of hands. Her best garage help is when I am looking for something. I like I am sure many of us can not see the forest for the trees in the garage looking for parts of tools. I just ask her go come out and see if she sees what I am looking for and she usually sees it an a minute or two. We are the best person for each other. She likes the cars also. Look at the list below.
  15. My first post on this forum. Not an old Buick owner but I do have a 67 Impala convertible I'm putting a top on. I loved this old post and since you are still active on the forum I thought I'd inquire if you had ever posted that article or any install pics anywhere? I imagine my install will be very similar. All the youtube install videos are of mustangs, not many large GM cars at all. Thanks!
  16. I agree with what everyone has said. Also, don't let your emotions get in the way (if they are). You don't want the wrong car especially considering where you are located. Take your time as others have said and get the right car.
  17. Look at these two numbers on the 65 with the 64 front end. The numbers should match (I can't tell by the pictures) if this is the original engine to the body. In the other picture of the stamped numbers on the engine, I see an L and a T. These numbers would indicate a 1965 401. The Gran Sport glove box covers appears to be the only thing about the car that is Gran Sport. The side marker lights are not original for any 1st generation Riviera. The white vinyl top is an aftermarket add on. Take the advice of the previous posters and find a known proper car. There are lots of guys around who would be more than happy to look at cars for you. Join the ROA (link in my signature) and peruse the classifieds for Rivieras for sale. Pick one owned by a member and have another membervlookmit over for you. I'm not familiar with your climate but I'd think up that you'd want an air conditioned car as well. That misplaced fuel filter is wrong twice - wrong filter in the wrong place.
  18. Thanks for the recommendation Matt. As I said, I really enjoyed your thread and follow closely the insight you and others like edinmass have regarding classics. At 21, I still have a lot to learn both in history and hands-on mechanics, and am consuming the information as much as I can as it is all massively fascinating. I had a look at that brochure and some other sales brochures, and it all goes fairly basically over what was available. Does anyone have an option sheet/build sheet for these cars? Matt, in your thread you mention how fogs were dealer installed in some cases, but is there a document on the different features factory/dealer installed? I know it would be nice to all have in one place, but I am beginning to suspect this knowledge is largely piecemeal - with hints and clues that will be picked up by myself as time goes on. Mike, I have been following Buick sales closely, and see the overwhelming majority of 1941's for sale are Specials and Supers (to be expected) but these cars do not interest me as much as the three larger series for actual ownership. I still would however like to learn the technical information about all series.
  19. Larry, at today's exchanger ate that's approx $1579 US DOLLARS..Norm
  20. Thank you so much! I thought it was called a "Care and Operation" manual but wasn't sure until now. I really appreciate this. Ken
  21. That is definitely a true statement. I really love a black hobby car but my daily driver is refrigerator white!
  22. Today
  23. If the car is to be driven more than on and off the trailer at shows, it is time to have your wheels re-spoked by a wheelwright. Whereas some wire wheels can be tuned/trued by adjustable spokes, there is no such provision for wood spoke wheels. Where are you located ? What kind of car is it ? Someone here may be able to recommend a wheelwright near you. Remember, your life and others is riding on your wheels. - Carl
  24. Our business looks like this because of my wife, Melanie: All I do is talk about cars.
  25. Went to Herkimer,NY for breakfast at Crazy Otto's Empire Diner today. Nice Silver Diner decoraed in automobelia With great food and excellent staff. Beware, the pancakes are hubcap sized Was 120 mile round trip.
  1. Load more activity