All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I'm not sure where to address this, but I've noticed that each time I post on this forum there's a huge blank area below my text. And if I try to edit the post to remove it or at least reduce the size of the blank area, it gets worse, or the screen locks up with a notice that the page is not active or reacting or something to that effect. Any ideas as to how to correct this?
  3. Can anyone decode these 1956 Mercury Numbers: 56SL45151M Style: BU64A Body Specif: 272-656-8L-362 Thank you Frank
  4. Thanks - I\'m sure that's exactly what it is. I remember similar signs being used in passenger busses also. I've got a similar Ford Weekly Purchase sign also and will try to get a photo of it later. Terry
  5. When I first got it I had planned on using it in my 56 Chevy, but the way it's supposed to sit in the dash didn't match up with the Chevy one. The curve goes farther up on the dash of whatever this came off of. Meaning that it fit, but the knobs are aiming slightly downward when in the Chevy dash. I really wish I could remember what I got it out of. The second one I found at a swap meet, but the guy who had it didn't know what it fit either.
  6. Official assault vehicle of the French Resistance!
  7. 1990 convertible, 66k miles. Had a problem with the pressure switch on the master cylinder, leaking brake fluid through the switch, coming out of the electrical connector. This was a very minor leak, but was a bother. Brake system worked fine, no lights or issues. Picked up a used good switch and installed it. No leak, system works fine. Depending on usage the system leaks brake fluid past the switch and drips below the body where the switch is installed. This may take anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks, depends on how much I drive it. When I pull the switch the “O” ring is usually swollen or deteriorated. I put a new ring on, no leaks for several days. I’ve tried several different kinds of “O” rings and it happens with all of them. I believe I’ve tried buna-n, viton, nitrile, EPDM, all leaked. I’m using Dot4 brake fluid and have been flushing the system every couple of years. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks karl
  8. Sharp car. Paint looks great, but probably not factory. Likewise the dash. I doubt the 91-year-old owner is going to accept much of a discount on the asking price, and it'll need to come down a few thousand to move.
  9. What's that old quote, "That's not a gun"? When the New Jersey arrived on Yankee Station in the Tonkin Gulf we manned the rails to greet them. Our Captain was senior to the NJ's and apparently the after gunner knew that when he gave a 16" salute. They say the gun would launch a projectile the weight on a Pinto about 30 miles. And they first shot might be off a little. Salute! Taken from the USS Arlington AGMR 2, piermate of AGER 2.
  10. Does anyone has a bracket for fixating options like extra light or Wig Wag to a Studebaker 1935?
  11. Some of those early '90s GM transaxles had lock-up torque converter issues and I've seen a few that have had the wire to the transaxle that controls the lock-up purposely disconnected to stop the car from stalling at a traffic light when the torque converter clutch fails to release. If the lock-up function is bypassed, the transmission will not shift into OD.
  12. Not sure who actually took the photo. I agree, it’s a cool pic and made me smile when I received it.
  13. On page 169 of "American Fire Engines Since 1900" by Walter McCall, there is a similar truck in the 1937 section. The Reistertown, MD. Volunteer Fire Dept. Wiki page (!) has this truck listed in their retired apparatus roster as a "1937 Packard".
  14. 1958 Cadillac Eldorado Seville. Estate Car. One of only 855 made. Factory air, original factory black car. Original interior. Nice original floors, and inner rockers. Nice original chrome. Original Tri-Power. Engine turns over! The car is missing some trim items, air cleaner, and the gas tank. You would be hard pressed to find a nicer body. I just put some gas in the carburetor and I did get the engine to fire up! Location - OAK FOREST ILL 708-893-0212
  15. OK Narve N, was the ground cable a steel braded strap or a copper strip and where was it connected to the frame?
  16. For many of us, the search is the fun. You do not get any of the thrill of finding a part by buying from a reproduction company.
  17. JoVal said they couldn't cut bevel gears, and recommended a place in TN. I sent them and a couple other places an inquiry, we'll see if any are willing to take on a small job like this.
  18. I'm guessing this is late 40s to mid 50s because the wires for the blower resistor are attached by screws rather than a push on connector. Sure looks like it would fit a '55 Chevy, but their controls don't have those big knobs. Wish I could place it.
  19. I will say the reversible seat cushions (leather/cloth) was a novel idea. I agree, though, that the cloth interior on these Packards are exquisite!
  20. It could be 39K miles, but that notwithstanding, I don't see a Catalina 4-door sedan selling for $12K (even accounting for inflation). It's in nice condition for it's age and the color is a plus, but I think $10K is all the money...
  21. Today
  22. Contact Round2 Models for the hood ornament or find a reproduction on eBay.
  23. This isn’t likely what you expected, but I read this book long ago and I get it it’s a child’s book, but a major theme is Mr Toad’s reckless driving. It came out in 1908. I has forgotten what a delightful book it is—The Wind in the Willows, by Kenneth Grahame… https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wind_in_the_Willows
  24. I'd say '37-'39 Ford coupe.
  1. Load more activity