All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Beemon

Carter AFB

Is that a nut in place of the butterfly screw?
  3. The issue is that that piece is spot welded to the fender itself, if I am remembering it right. I guess I could drill holes where the spot welds go and weld it back. This is the grill. It's all rough, but solid. I don't think I've got much chance on this stuff really. I can't seem to either get a call back from junkyards or their grills have been man handled (seriously I don't get this, you'd think junkyards would want to make money on this stuff instead of destroying it by dumping cars on top of cars, but I digress). There's a really nice yard in Idaho but I didn't even bother pursuing them since their prices seemed absurd to me, considering everything will need to be replated at some point.
  4. Today
  5. Wow.......a Pebble Beach car for 30k............who knew!
  6. 1927 Packard On Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/1927-Packard/273812509048?
  7. Well, at that time, there were no forum nor computer at my disposal. Don't remember if I was already a club member. Yes, this "company" is still advertising in the Self Starter. The name is beginning with "A"! It's rather surprising that, when I published this report in the Cadillac forum, nobody asked or made a comment about that dishonest supplier.
  8. The frustration and disappointment from dealing with unreliable suppliers should be passed on to others in some way. Some forum area reserved for credible complaints ? I really don't know, but at least CLC should have been alerted. They might have helped. Such business practices are disgusting, and should be punished. Are they still in the Self Starter ? - Carl
  9. Maybe you are sitting asking yourself "should I sell my car and get a new one?" but you do not know how to start the action of selling, and how to promote your car so it grabs buyers attention. Selling the car can never be easier, and you might come across various platforms that provide different ways of doing so. Besides, some of these ways are legal and some are not, that is why you have to strict in the laws of selling and be familiar with them, especially, in the UAE. Moreover, you have to be careful when choosing the buyer because UAE police have registered many car selling fraud cases that made the seller suffer from losing the vehicle and the money. The most common ways of selling a car are even by selling it to a private car dealer, through a classified website, or by selling it to CARWISE The first option that might come across many sellers' mind is to sell the car privately. It is offering your car to the individuals and the person who is interested, will contact you back. The most common option is that the private buyers will net you a very high price for your car because you are selling it directly without using an intermediary. However, because dealing with strangers is sometimes unsafe, you should always be careful and prepared just in case something unexpected happened. That is why it is important to ask about any private car dealer's trade license when you try to sell your car for cash because non-registered car dealer will avoid you when you ask for it. On the other hand, as everyone knows, the car market in the UAE is expanding and so does the car dealers. The private car dealers always try doing their best to find the best way to sell the used vehicle and make sure to provide a comfortable environment for the buyer. Therefore, you as a dealer, you should do your best by giving a full description of your vehicle and take a good picture of it. In this way, the buyer will be able to have a general idea about your vehicle. The second option that is common to sell vehicles is by using the classified websites. This way is fast and easy for selling your car. Using these websites will help you save your time. Take some quality pictures of your vehicle, write some correct information about it, and post it on one of the websites that you trust. Classified websites are easy to use, but they are not registered with the authorities and do not follow any legal process of car buying and selling. Many fraud cases the police reported in the UAE where the buyers through classified website approach the sellers. Classified websites cannot be recharged with providing security assurance because they are an online platform for car selling. That is why you have to be aware and careful of using the classified websites. Consulting someone who has experienced selling his vehicle through classified websites is better for you to avoid fraud. Moreover, it is very important to accompany someone with you while the buyer is doing the physical inspection of your vehicle and immediately inform the police if the buyer runs away with your car. Always make sure to get your money in cash not by cheque because the possibility of paying a fake cheque is very high in these cases. The third option that is common to sell the car is by using the website CARWISE. As a seller, you can sell your car without being worried about being in a fraud case or any fake deal. You can do the action of selling the vehicle while you are sitting in your house. That is why using CARWISE is so easy for every seller. So many different online websites are available in the UAE where the companies are helping the sellers to sell their vehicle safely. CARWISE is a professional car buying company. It will provide you with the full safety for you to be comfortable when buying your car. Whatever the kind of condition your car has, this website guarantee to purchase it legally and takes care of the whole car selling process efficiently. To sell any car to CARWISE all you have to do is sit in your home, open its website, and start the action of selling. You have to fill the online car valuation form, which is available on the company's website. The company mentioned and explained the steps to make it easier for you. You only need to follow them while you are filling the online car valuation form, which requires mentioning the model, year of the vehicle, and the make with some personal information and do not worry because the company does not reveal any of your personal information. After filling the form, you will get the estimated price of your used vehicle and if you liked the price, you can book an appointment for the physical inspection of your vehicle. Keep in mind that you can accept or reject the offered price and once you accept it, the selling action starts immediately. In conclusion, the ways of selling vehicles vary, and people tend to apply the way they feel comfortable when using. However, we always recommend you the safest and the most comfortable way to sell your vehicle without being worried about stealing your car or losing your money. Our company, CARWISE, will make sure you are satisfied and comfortable with every step you face. Always be careful from private car dealers and classified websites and do not hesitate to use our company when you want to sell your vehicle.
  10. Kendall Jenner with Jay Leno and her ‘56 Corvette. It’s a 98 point car: https://www.cnbc.com/video/2016/11/29/kendall-jenners-56-corvette-is-the-real-deal.html She took Jay for a ride and he asked her the question all car guys want to ask a beautiful, young women. I like her answer. https://www.cnbc.com/video/2016/12/01/supermodel-kendall-jenner-takes-jay-leno-for-a-spin-in-her-56-corvette.html
  11. Federal Electrical Company Model 66. https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fthumbs.worthpoint.com%2Fwpimages%2Fimages%2Fimages1%2F1%2F0807%2F05%2F1_ee9c9b4d56106e46ea8ad42a0b344e49.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.worthpoint.com%2Fworthopedia%2Fvintage-federal-police-fire-siren-light-model-66&docid=L8XSBKj4uWbtXM&tbnid=sldt-2ensrwLtM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjs-4Pyu9vhAhXt7nMBHWtLCDEQMwhJKAswCw..i&w=500&h=364&bih=623&biw=1205&q=federal electric company model 66 siren year of manufacture&ved=0ahUKEwjs-4Pyu9vhAhXt7nMBHWtLCDEQMwhJKAswCw&iact=mrc&uact=8 https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-fire-truck-federal-electric-1849068021 This one is described as "Vintage FEDERAL ELECTRIC MODEL 66 RED LIGHT SIREN COMBO 12 volt. Came off of a 1947 Mack Pumper and shows some pitting and light surface rust. There are NO dents, cracks or scratches. It will come with both the bulb insert and the RED Sealed beam (retainer ring is rusty) along with an extra mounting base The siren works unknown on either light (no red lense) ."
  12. Thanks for the great pictures, and not the depressing pictures of the beautiful building on fire. It's a great symbol of western civilization, and it will survive. The Turks blew up (by accident, I think) portions of the Parthenon during WW1, yet it also still stands. Notre Dame will have some additional battle scars, but even the scars will come to be embraced by future generations of French citizens, historians, Catholics and Christians. My heart is with the people of faith in France.
  13. A friend of mine from around Sidney , MT sent me this and thought to pass it on. I hope it transfers. I live close to Lima and Monida, MT. Montana Pictures .Net Communities that have preserved their antique gas stations.
  14. Hi Chris; I've taken some exact measurements from the Right side trim frame: (Driver's for me / Passenger for you). I'll reference these in 2 sets: Outside dims: Front side of trim frame at widest point: 25.8" wide near bottom x 15.25 high near middle. Inside Dims: Rear side of trim frame at widest point: 24.0" wide near bottom x 11.6" high near middle. If you can take the same dims and supply, I'd appreciate it. Additionally; if we're 'close' dimensionally, can you suggest a $ price, Postage extra ? (Be kind; we pay a 33% premium here for USD... 😉) THX DJ
  15. Tinindian is correct-single red stripe. These are all NOS including one out of the original box shown.
  16. IMHO go for the straight one. Can the triangle piece be salvaged from yours? Maybe pounded straight? Just looking at it, that little piece would have to be really horrible to be more work than the big dent in the fender pictured here.
  17. It doesn't need to leak much. My Pontiac doesn't ever even get any on the ground, but if you put your finger under there there is always a drop. I estimate it leaks a drop every 20 minutes or so, and probably evaporates before it ever hits the ground. It is normal for a packing style pump to leak. It is apple farming country where I live, and big irrigation pumps that use packing nuts are still very common here. When someone tightens a packing nut enough that the leak completely stops, the shaft burns up almost immediately, and the repair is very expensive. For the lubricant in your coolant to lubricate the packing, it needs to get between the packing and the shaft. There really isn't any way around this. It is a separate issue from lubricating the bushings. Those usually either use water pump grease through a zerk, or oil through an oil cup, depending on the design. If you insist on no leakage at all, you might be better served to modify the pump for modern bearings and ceramic seals, as used on modern cars that do not normally leak anything from the water pump. The only trouble with that idea is that when it starts leaking, you need another rebuilt pump immediately. The guy with a packing pump just tightens the nut a little.
  18. I don't need the seat. I had a friend who looked for one for years. They are very hard to find.
  19. I don't know about a '28 Martin Landau, but here is a 1928 Chrysler Landau, series 52. The fabric is in poor shape on this one, but you can see that it covers the entire top down to the rear belt line. Compare it with the above detailed photos of the insert in the roof of a standard sedan. And this is what was underneath the fabric top covering. The "landau bars" were there to make it look like a convertible. It's obvious this top would not fold. Not only is there no standardized list, but the early makers used a lot of imagination in naming their body styles. Well, I guess they still do. what was a "touring car" for one was a "phaeton" to another manufacturer, and later some "convertible sedans" were labeled "phaetons"; sounds more impressive. You will find a number of threads in this forum about the definition of various body styles. Don
  20. zepher

'73 400 Heads

So I picked up a set of 1973 400 heads out of a Roadrunner. I went to look at a carb a guy had for sale and he had a set of low mile heads just sitting the in the corner. He pulled them off his car to upgrade to aluminum heads and said he was just going to scrap them if I didn't want them. His Roadrunner has a little over 80k miles on it and they look to be in great shape. I didn't want to see them get scrapped so I brought them home. Are they worth anything to anyone? I'm not looking to make a quick buck, I just didn't want to see another set of early 70's American heads get scrapped.
  21. Mr. Nelson, I am going to respectfully disagree with your statement that a running engine should have a leaking water pump. That defies common sense. Using that logic, one would be constantly having to add coolant if the vehicle was driven on a regular basis. Also, stainless steel is available in a whole host of grades for different purposes. When I had the new water pump/starter/generator shaft made for my '16, I was asked if I wanted material that had corrosion resistant properties or if I wanted high wear resistant properties. I opted for the high wear resistant material. I always run anti-freeze in my cars year 'round. Modern anti-freeze solutions have corrosion inhibitors, anti-foamant additives, water pump lubricating qualities, and you will generally run a few degrees cooler over just plain water. This issue has been discussed on here before and I stated my same opinion then. I just do not believe that the Buick Motor Company designed their engines with the idea in mind that the water pumps should continually leak. I am not from Missouri, but someone is going to have to show me that in written form from Buick Motor Company before I will buy into that idea. Terry Wiegand South Hutchinson, Kansas
  22. Still on its Way ,home to me
  23. As I said it's probably something to do with the perlin size as well that connects the trusses. I imagine a steel truss might be stronger than a wood one, as the wood ones of larger sizes have to be pieced along the top and bottom bands where the steel ones can be one piece. I got a little soffit up on mine between yesterday and today but with the wife under the weather, I have had alot of her duties shifted to me as well as caring for the kids, school etc. Got on my lift today went up, put one band board on the siding to finish it off (of course it had a bow to it). Got the first fastener in so the 16 foot board was hanging by that, then out of nowhere the sky's opened up and got me drenched. I worked through it to get it up. Of course nothing like working under Niagara falls wit hteh eves running, I called it quit and put the lift inside, then it stopped and never rained again the rest of the evening. Figures. There is a higher power working against me I think. Nice to see the quick progress on yours.
  24. It's kind of been a while since my last update. Nothing has changed really. I've fallen out of contact with the big desert junkyard in Arizona and might have to settle for wet Washington junkyard fenders. However, I have a small dillema. The first fender has a big dent in the side of it, but it is complete and solid. The second fender has no dents and is solid, but is missing the spot welded triangle piece that holds it to the splash apron (and they want more money for it). These are my only two options right now barring shipping for some questionable parts. Any suggestions? I feel I can pound out the dent in the busted one, but it is creased so it will most likely need some bondo finishing. And, I have never done body work before. I don't have an image of the other car, but it is more or less perfect, just missing that one part. The fender is also rolled out on the bottom lip at the front of the wheel well, too. I'm thinking its going to be a lot of work? Also that piece below the turn indicator, with the little tab, is the piece missing off the good fender.
  25. Hi Chris; THX for the prompt reply... I think a '35 will work also: a buddy has a '35 Coupe. Let me take some dims off the Right side unit I have and forward to you... if it's 'close' I can fab a bit on it. Get back to you in a few hours. THX again from Brisbane, OZ ! 😉 DJ
  1. Load more activity