All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Time to clean up all the parts and start making gaskets..............more later.........Packard & Buick.
  3. Interestingly........the second is much larger......3/16 of an inch........check out the side by side photo.
  4. Went to the local Packard dealer, and ordered a new cluster gear, secondary shaft, and input shaft. It ended up there was no need to place an order.......the parts were in stock! šŸ˜Ž The parts were still in the factory wax paper.........
  5. Backing the 36 Packard out of the garage for a Sunday evening drive, and had a "funny" noise in seconed gear..........drained the oil out the bottom of the trans plug..........Presto!
  6. EmTee: No, our local friend Peter Rambis who lives in central PA. along the Susquehana river. He has some late 1920s chassis laying around and has his last... 1927-54.(over the years he has had 3). This is the car I did an article on that appeared in the Buick Bugle.
  7. Jack, I have a similar experience as a young US Navy LT serving with a US Marine infantry battalion. Had quite a thrill blasting away at an old car with a .50 cal machine gun in the mid ā€˜80s. Now Iā€™d be saddened to do the same to an old car I might want to drive
  8. I sold a 57 Ford 3 times before it stopped coming back! I also sold and then bought back my Model A Ford 3 years later.
  9. Take good notes and pictures when taking a car apart...later to be put back together.
  10. Pretty car, crazy price. Looks like they applied the ArmorAll with a spray gun.
  11. Not mine, but I know the owner and have seen it at shows several times. https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/d/tacoma-1965-buick-skylark/7740011590.html 1965 Buick Skylark - $23,500 (Tacoma) Ā© craigslist - Map data Ā© OpenStreetMap 1965 buick skylark condition: excellent cylinders: 8 cylinders drive: rwd fuel: gas odometer: 100000 paint color: red title status: clean transmission: automatic type: coupe odometer rolled over Restored 1965 Buick Skylark 2 door coupe. Helping sell this car for a friend who is in an assisted living senior center and no longer able to drive it. He has owned it since 2018 and used it mostly for car shows, where it has won numerous awards. Turn key and ready to show or cruise! Overhauled (by previous owner) 300, 4 barrel motor with Pertronix coil and points. Offenhauser valve covers, headers, chrome alternator. Front disc brakes, dual exhaust, excellent condition wheels and tires. Bucket seats with factory floor shift & center console (added by current owner). Vinyl top is aftermarket, not originally a vinyl top car. Excellent running and driving condition.
  12. Finally was able to check on your speedometer question. Unfortunately I could not find any speedometer information on your Pontiac.
  13. Just a bit on an update on the car. We decided to get a bit of the mechanical stuff done, like the brakes. As we will need to move the car from the lift over to a bay with better width in order to paint the car. But Oh my some things are a struggle! The new power steering lines for instance, one is just a bit short. It kind of fits but is awful close to the exhaust manifold to be safe, so that I have to sort out. Last night we got new brake lines installed and got some fluid back in it, and will start bleeding it today. New brake cables are also installed but need to be set up, though all the shoes have been adjusted, so we should have good brakes once all the rest gets done and set up. The gas tank was reconditioned a while back, and I have the new sending unit installed, so it's just about ready to go back into place. I have a good high density rad which is just a few years old but I had it cleaned and it's now ready to go back in. The heater core had been leaking since before we got the car so long ago I re routed a heater hose to by pass the heater unit. It was rather rusty inside, but it has now been cleaned, repaired as nec, painted and reinstalled with the new core. The blower motor was seized due to lack of use, but some cleaning and lube and it works fine and runs quietly from the dash control. The one thing we are having a struggle with is the fit of the right front fender, the door fit is good, but the fender is sitting too low and I have a lot of shims in the fender mount and it's still about 3/16's in low. Basically I got frustrated with this and decided to get onto some of the mechanical stuff which needs to be done as well. Sorry folks, no pictures today! All kind of boring stuff that seems to be taking far too long! I think some of this is me as after working on this car for so many years I just want to get it together and looking good. Part of my rush right now is there are changes to the certification standards for cars coming into effect early June and the gents I use to do safeties have decided they are going to retire from writing these, which here we call MTO safeties due to all the extra paperwork, computer documentation that will be required. Please make no mistake, under no circumstances do I want an incorrect safety! I want everything to be safe without exception!! If I've missed something, or screwed up somewhere I want to know about it and have it sorted out. I just don't want to show up at a shop who doesn't know me with this old car and get taken for a whole lot of money. That's it for now folks, thank you for reading! Keith
  14. https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/d/tacoma-1965-buick-skylark/7740011590.html Not mine, but I know the owner and have seen it at shows numerous times. 1965 Buick Skylark - $23,500 (Tacoma) Ā© craigslist - Map data Ā© OpenStreetMap 1965 buick skylark condition: excellent cylinders: 8 cylinders drive: rwd fuel: gas odometer: 100000 paint color: red title status: clean transmission: automatic type: coupe odometer rolled over Restored 1965 Buick Skylark 2 door coupe. Helping sell this car for a friend who is in an assisted living senior center and no longer able to drive it. He has owned it since 2018 and used it mostly for car shows, where it has won numerous awards. Turn key and ready to show or cruise! Overhauled (by previous owner) 300, 4 barrel motor with Pertronix coil and points. Offenhauser valve covers, headers, chrome alternator. Front disc brakes, dual exhaust, excellent condition wheels and tires. Bucket seats with factory floor shift & center console (added by current owner). Excellent running and driving condition.
  15. I live near Kenosha where they were made and I never remember seeing very many of them. This one looks good from the photos and despite needing a good cleaning(and a little less fixation on a long gone TV show) it could be a lot of fun.
  16. I have never owned the EXACT same car twice but have owned the same make and model a number of times. 1955 Ford, 1963-4 Oldsmobile, 1969 Olds Cutlass, 1967 Plymouth GTX, 1995 Chevy 9C1 Caprice.
  17. I used Fig.6-3 in the service manual as a guide to do mine on the '38's
  18. I am also quite sure that spring missing may have been causing this problem with the leather cup riding too high in the accelerator pump chamber. That knob on there is from the slot in the accelerator pump chamber.
  19. True Minibago, but I think Doug meant with the wings on the can. I too was wondering about the addition of the wings. Nice touch @Mattml430 What was the wings emblem originally used on (if you know), or was it some sort of smaller hat pin originally?
  20. I love it, but I'm wondering if your insurance would allow for a 16-year-old to take the car out on his own. It seems that most insurance companies seem to frown on that, by way of increasing premiums to the point of unaffordable.
  21. Most others seem to think no way no how without a title. ????? most others are not me.............
  1. Load more activity