All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Wilson, The length of the bolt without the threads is about 2 1/2" long. So the base of this triangle is about 5" long. Once you get behind the upholstery, you will likely see the outline of this in the wood, and you will certainly see the 4 mounting holes from the screws. The second picture is a similar hand fabricated bracket that is on the 1927 Buick that I am working on. This one has the top rest post that goes thru the sheetmetal rather than on top of it. Hugh
  3. As much as I can remember at this point. I started collecting at 15 years old. In alphabetical order: 1925 Chrysler 4 door sedan 1926 Chevrolet coupe 1926 Chrysler 58 four door sedan 1929 Chrysler 75 roadster 1929 Ford A 1/2 ton stake bed truck 1929 Franklin 135 deluxe four door sedan 1930 De Soto CF8 four door sedan 1931 Dodge Brothers DH6 two passenger coupe - STILL OWN 1931 Dodge Brothers DH6 two passenger coupe - STILL OWN 1936 Dodge Brothers D2 four door touring sedan 1936 Dodge Brothers D2 four door touring sedan 1939 Plymouth business coupe 1941 Dodge business coupe 1942 Ford GPW 1947 Dodge business coupe 1947 Plymouth four door sedan 1949 Dodge four door sedan 1952 MGTD 1955 De Soto two door hardtop 1955 Dodge two door hardtop 1955 MGTF 1957 Chevrolet 1/2 ton short bed pickup 1957 Dodge 1/2 ton short bed pickup 1957 MGA roadster 1958 Chevrolet Del Rey two door sedan 1960 MGA roadster 1961 MGA roadster 1962 Dodge Lancer four door sedan 1962 MGA MK II roadster 1963 Dodge 330 four door sedan 1963 Rambler two door hardtop 1963 Volkswagen Beetle 1965 Dodge D100 1/2 ton pickup 1966 Dodge Charger 1967 Dodge A100 compact pickup 1967 Plymouth Belvedere station wagon 1967 Plymouth Barracuda 1968 Dodge Dart GTS 383 two door hardtop 1968 Plymouth Road Runner coupe (forest green poly) 1968 Plymouth Road Runner (sunfire yellow) 1969 Plymouth Valiant two door sedan 1970 Plymouth GTX two door hardtop 1971 Corvette 1972 Mercury Capri 1973 Datsun 240Z 1973 Plymouth Gold Duster 1978 Volkswagen Rabbit four door sedan 1980 Ford Fiesta two door sedan 2002 Ford Escape 2002 Ford Ranger - STILL OWN and two motorcycles
  4. Me again. Looking for a wiring junction for my coupe. Thanks! Chris
  5. Thanks everyone, so far. The size can be seen by comparing it against the old tennis rackets hanging behind it. I would guess that it is ABOUT 40" long. Don't know if its backside is a lighted sign also or not.
  6. What's the status of the car, if I may ask?
  7. Does anyone know of a source for corduroy upholstery? Hampton Coach used to make a corduroy upholstery for 1926 Chevrolets that was similar, but not exact. Does anyone know of a company selling this material?
  8. Keep in mind that it's a postwar sign. I think it's poor condition will definitely reflect on its value.
  9. Now that I got the axle out, I saw that the axle tube has two seals and a bearing in between, and since the outer seal has leaked, the inner one must have leaked as well. The bearing is probably lubricated with vaseline separately? So I have to replace the inner seal as well? But it could be hard job, or? I haven't quite figured out how to change it yet... BTW, Does anyone know the number of that inner seal (SKF), because if i order it from the USA it takes three weeks to ship, but I'm sure I'll get the same part here as well? When I removed the axle, oil came out of the rear much more than 4 lbs. (which I think is the correct volume)? So can someone tell me what is wrong and which parts should be ordered from Bob's? I would love to order them all at once due to the long delivery time to Finland thanks Timo
  10. I have the original style Magnavox now and before. I changed the ICM as well (AC Delco) and there was no improvement so I swapped it back to the original one. ECM came used from ebay, I did move the PROM to the new ECM.
  11. Is there anywhere that I can get the dimensions on the triangular mounting plate that does inside the car? If I can get a picture with a ruler beneath the mount, I can extract the dimensions. Wilson Fausel Cary, NC
  12. I am still seeking any issues of AUTOBODY magazine 1921 to 1931 , have some literature ( pre war) and some figural motor meters to trade. Walt
  13. Today
  14. Good call. As I installed a battery ground connection on/off switch into the floor, the flat strap normally connected from the battery to the frame was not long enough anymore. I will need to replace that with (probably a gauge 0 welding equipment type) cable of sufficient length. Modern, but covered in either some original isolation or tape to disguise the plastic isolation.
  15. Hello! I've been looking for 1955 231/260 V-8 bolt pattern/dimensions to confirm or deny a manual bell housing I have. If anyone can steer me in a helpful direction, I would appreciate it! Thanks, Joe
  16. It’s not leaking out of the electrical connector where the harness plugs in. I was wondering, and after looking at the picture of the subject switch, is there a way that it could leak out of the switch body? (there are several holes after the O ring and before the threads). I have no idea what those holes are for, but they are after the O ring. The fluid seems to be coming right past the threads. What really confuses me is that it seals perfectly for 3 or more days. I do a key on to run the pump even if I don’t drive it, and it’s good for awhile. 🤔🤔
  17. Aaaahhhh... Sour grapes (gripes) from those of us who only dream of driving this marvelous creation, or having the $$$ to afford it. 🦨
  18. Larry, Attached are the pages about setting the valve timing. The first 4 pages are from the 1926 Buick Export manual. In essence, valve timing is correct and checked by a) putting a piece of paper in the #1 inlet valve gap area where you check with a feeler gauge. b) Put slight tension on the paper. c) Another person Rotates the engine slowly. D) As soon as the paper is let go. Stop. The engine should be on the 1-6 line or less than 1 flywheel tooth width past (below) - the 1-6 line is just below the center mark in the timing window. I am also assuming that someone put the flywheel on correctly and 1-6 is TDC for the engine on #1. I have known engines to have been assembled with the flywheel on the wrong bolts. This is the page from the 1925 Buick export manual. Same instructions. So you can use what you know from your engines. This is the layout on my 1925 Buick Standard. I do not know if the teeth count is the same for a Standard and a Master, as the crank and camshaft gears are different sizes. The final check is the paper check on the #1 intake valve. Hugh
  19. If your engine is an original to the CL then that would be the larger 385 cui engine and not 323 cui as the heads in question here were intended for. If you have no head for your engine at all, there might be some European options: 1) Back in 2006 this newly cast engine block and manifold were displayed at Essen. The items were likely made for 1933 CL in Switzerland. You could maybe contact them if they made a head too. 2) I do also recall that a Danish CG restorer had an extra head with his car.
  20. We've sure seen worse for more. I wonder about wood in the body.... NO INTERIOR pics...likely no interior.
  21. Here is a great and rare Solar taillamp that dates from 1910 to 1914ish. This lamp measures about 9 1/2 inches tall. It is in excellent condition including the two lenses, burner, etc. It is brass with nickel trim over brass. There are no dents or cracks. A super taillamp. The price is 495.00 INCLUDING FedEx shipping with insurance in the USA. Call me at: 734-730-4274 or email: motoringicons@hotmail.com
  22. Here is a great and rare Solar taillamp that dates from 1910 to 1914ish. This lamp measures about 9 1/2 inches tall. It is in excellent condition including the two lenses, burner, etc. It is brass with nickel trim over brass. There are no dents or cracks. A super taillamp. The price is 495.00 INCLUDING FedEx shipping with insurance in the USA. Call me at: 734-730-4274 or email: motoringicons@hotmail.com
  23. I don't think the price is way out of line given the condition. The roughness of the paint on the glass certainly hurts it's value. I feel certain that one in better condition would bring $700-$800 or more.
  1. Load more activity