All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Although belated, I saw your posts and thought I'd chime in. I had my "brake pressure differential block" or "distribution block" or whatever you want to call it, pushed off center when a brake job was done some years ago. I unplugged the pressure switch to keep the light off until I was able to find a new pressure switch and the tool that holds the piston centered while bleeding the brakes. (It's very hard if not impossible to reset the switch once it goes off center.) I got a used block to put on the car in the meantime (also uncentered) during which time I had my original block rebuilt by White Post Restorations. (They also do the proportioning valve) Then with the centering tool already in, the rebuilt block was installed, then the new pressure switch was put in where the tool was, once the bleeding was done. Then I could plug in the wiring from the car, and everything is back to normal. 👍
  3. Damn wish that was up here. Nice coloured leather and paint. Seen a few up here, and they'd be something like 80k USD
  4. The season is basically the same here in Chicagoland. I don't drive mine after the first salting of the roads in the winter, or until after a couple good rains in the Spring. But if the weather is nice in February I'll drive around. The semi-organized shows usually start in mid-April, but a lot of planners are a little cautious because people avoid the rain, so there is no point in planning something that doesn't have a good chance of good attendance. And for those who are in Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska and Kansas, I maintain a google calendar of all the events I know about. You can access it by going to http:/www.calendar.google.com and then search "Heartland Region Car Shows and Cruise Nights" and you'll have access to it. It also has AACA, BCA and ROA events around the country.
  5. Clean car. Looks like a few liberties have been taken. Would look much better with wheels in a factory color, and it's aggressively priced, but hopefully the seller is flexible.
  6. Second that! It would be easier for them to just sit in their own garage for the same result.
  7. Funny, among other big guitar names Eddie VH always said he was heavily influenced by Dick Dale. His son Jimmy is a professional musician as well and plays surf music as well. He is a terror on guitar but keeps mainly on the west coast & overseas. Hope to see him live at some point.
  8. If you can find them Model T headlight magneto bulbs were rated 9V at 1.7A and were wired in series would be as close as you will get provided the filament is in the right place for the reflector and the bulb has the correct base. The downside though is T magneto bulbs are pretty scarce now days and are out of stock in the T suppliers websites.. Ply33 does have a viable solution, there are electronic converters called "buck/boost" that can take a wide DC voltage range and convert that higher or lower than the input voltage. Here is one that takes 8-36V DC and converts to 12V DC at 10A.. https://www.amazon.com/Valefod-Efficiency-Converter-Buck-Boost-Transformer/dp/B082GD23W3/ref=sr_1_11?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.VLAMp0bGeiQt5fEvkiHyTVxOzXszikOJlF2dNpAb6QSuD1vNWTPm2ozpGAGhMT_-2Wnpc6onJcQ5yimoYWOu-X0BgqIo8Rh4Liuj-fMEgcnPuMwq_dr9vMI6j01HZuF4OgdR3SDQe7GhhUFK_zoS8kopWYRH3EfJWLf1Y4jR8DPiIiAnUi4GRvg8ofx9cZfxgrkKHJvCXGKJ6W-VUPGOKDZruwQS0Lc9rfDMRtwTg2s.0J1mLHuJp1Netw8LZdbfeN2nszF_HvMJhgxTmUTwocs&dib_tag=se&keywords=buck%2Bboost%2Bdc%2Bpower%2Bsupply&qid=1713534961&sr=8-11&th=1 Just be aware of the amount of current your bulbs will draw and make sure you get a converter that can handle all the lighting loads you have.
  9. For Sale: 1962 Ford Fairlane 500 4dr Sedan, V8, 61K miles - $5,800 - Buffalo, MN 1962 ford fairlane 500 for sale by owner - Buffalo, MN - craigslist Seller's Description: 1962 Fairlane 500 with a 221 V8 automatic transmission. Runs and drives pretty darn good, the intake and valve cover gaskets were replaced, and the carburetor rebuilt. All drum brakes with new lines and Master cylinder I also put on new tires. I've been driving it for the past few months without any issue's "around 300 miles" It does puff some smoke when it warms up, it always keeps good temp. It was a one family car before I bought it and had been parked for a while. It had some body work done on the lower end and was painted from the chrome trim line down in the 80's. Still a presentable car but you can see the bodywork. The interior is all original and in great shape, everything works! She's a 61k mile car and shows it. It has rust in the trunk area and some on the floors. It would be a good little classic for a kid or someone that wants to get into a classic car without spending too much. Clear title in my name. odometer: 61950 Contact: Ryan (612) 3-8-five-fifteen-0-3 Copy and paste in your email: 42a917ae1ec73640b52cd3e9e54e44dc@sale.craigslist.org I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1962 Ford Fairlane 500 4dr Sedan.
  10. The 90s thought they invented speed metal. Uh-huh.
  11. Hello rebuilding a 1934 8 cylinder need some help locating parts. The usual places and out of stock. 8 Exhaust valves 16 Valve springs Rod & Main Bearings
  12. Maintaining a collector car: "Just a wave of the hand and another ten minute job".
  13. Well, when "everyone's" base wages are artificially forced to go up, forcing the costs of making goods go up, what do you think a company is going to do? Companies are not "charities", they are in the game to make enough sales to create enough profit over costs to stay in business. Companies can only afford to "absorb" increased costs for short period of time, then they face the choice of reducing how much you get (shrinkflation) which is pretty tough to do given some items are sold in set sizes like quarts. So, in reality, the companies eventually HAVE to pass the added cost of goods and services on to the next in line in the sales chain which is the wholesaler.. The wholesalers cost to buy goes up, the wholesaler also has increased costs pressure associated with labor, trucking, fuel and they pass that extra cost on to the retailer, retailer has higher costs to buy said product plus labor, electric bills, phone bills, internet bills, heating bills, insurance bills and labor.. So the retailer is also forced to increase the prices.. Yeah, there are "economists" out there that don't believe any of that is true and businesses should never make any profit.. That model is called "charity" and that is how we got where we are today. Oil prices over all are up, not just ZDDP added oils, if I were to buy a single quart of 10W-30 in store right now it is priced at $7-$8 per quart. I can buy a 5qt jg for $21 which is $4.20 per qt. It isn't just oils either, pretty much everything has drastically increase over what it was over the last yr. Heck a 2 ltr bottle of soda pop is averaging $3.69 each, last yr at this time it was $1.75 per 2 ltr.. No sense complaining, it is too late for that, that Genie has been let of the bottle and the ship has sailed. Not to mention, you do have a choice in oils, you really have nothing that really requires a more expensive oil and more expensive does not always equal "better" or "longer life".
  14. I have a photo of this car, stating that it is a model A Ford. Apart from the front the models A and C are very similar. However I've never seen a running board on a model A, but some model C's have one.
  15. I have a friend looking right now in his parts cross your fingers he has 1 I will keep you posted
  16. That collection was sold several years ago by VanDerBrink Auctions. Hackenberger owned a trucking company and wanted to make a car museum. Some cars were stored inside, and some were not. The collection had horse drawn wagons, fire engines, Bantams, Studebakers along with many rare and obscure makes. You can find videos about the auction on youtube.
  17. Today
  18. My '65 does basically the same thing after a rebuild by a competent local shop. Mine is in the 30-35 mph range.
  19. I can attest to Tom T's work on carbs. He did a correct AFB for my '65 some years ago, and it's still running strong, and looked great out of the box to boot.
  20. Wow ! A lot of cool old stuff at this auction. I especially like the Model K Buick.
  21. I still have this available, was contacted by a man who said he would buy it but never heard anything since. Another insincere wanna be.
  22. Here are a Ford C? sold from the Tekniska Museum Sweden.Looks close to this one,exept for the radiator?
  23. Not a true barn find, but they probably will be at some point when the current “caretaker” dies (yes I meant to put that description in quotes). There are three T’s and an ‘08 S buried in trash much deeper than what you can see here… absolutely makes me wonder how stupid people can get.
  24. Been awhile since I have had music playing in a garage/shop working on my cars. Looking for a small space to lease down here, and there will be music playing once again.
  25. This is a good illustration of what we sometimes see: Merely deleting an ad doesn't necessarily mean that a car has been sold. So to anyone who likes a particular car: Keep your hopes up and contact the seller when contact information is available!
  26. It's down to $9500, you note in your edited posting. That's good. I wonder what "normal wear and tear condition" is. The car could be a fair deal, and it certainly looks attractive in the pictures.
  1. Load more activity