All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 1931 Model A Cowl. $250 For more information give me a call. 406-543-2591
  3. Ford 59A Flywheel Cover. $75 For more information or photo's give me a call.
  4. Jim, Is this in Morpeth by chance? Are there any late twenties Whippet parts you know of? Doug
  5. Contact the vendors in the Riview. I am sure that one of them will have one. I know Tim at Rivi Central had another on and I know Dan Jackson in Mi had a couple but, he is very slow in responding. Contact info for both is in the Riview. Bill
  6. Another 39. https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/colville-1939-chrysler-royal/6895652323.html
  7. The kittycoins seller on e-Bay has a few more Peerless parts F/S, including an engine. From Mr. Coffee's cars & parts supply.
  8. You could use a carpet grommet like Corvette. https://www.google.com/search?q=seat+belt+carpet+grommet&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA819CA819&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiHl6bq3bLiAhUGHzQIHeTIBmYQ_AUIDygB&biw=1366&bih=625
  9. Going by this info the id could be right. https://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?48981-Studebaker-Electric-Wagon-Restoration&fbclid=IwAR3ymu-TcPg4UORj7-76GXMjjxO-fOiiIv6bbHDOecIX5PshNrS6OwollMo
  10. This photo was posted on a facebook page. Taken in North Dakota. The photo date - going by the clothing - is 1920s or later.
  11. I started the engine for my Chrysler CD8 Roadster project this afternoon, as far as I know, first time it has been running in about 50-60 yrs. Rolling chassis I am using came from a 4dr sedan from NY into Virginia in the 60's as a barn find then, and sat unmolested since then. I purchased it in 2018 as a donor for my Roadaster project. To prepare for a start-up, did a lot of basics, rebuilt starter, generator, water pump, oil pump, fuel pump, had rad flushed and repaired, pulled head, removed all frost plugs and flushed block and head, full valve job (#8 exhaust was stuck solid), new head gasket new plugs, wires, points, rotor, condensor, serviced distributor, cleaned oil filter, installed modern carb ( NOS Carter from '69 Ford 300CI truck) new manifold gaskets, new exhaust pipe, temporary muffler, fresh fluids, etc. Temporary gas can and it started up on 3rd or 4th turn, runs very nicely for a 90 year old machine. Lots of blue smoke first 3-4 minutes (I had oiled cylinder walls before assembly), calmed down after that. Ran transmission thru the gears, everything seems free. Ran with 30+ lbs oil pressure, charging nicely, ran it up to about 140degrees on temp gauge (about 8-10 minutes) before it ran out of gas! Great feeling. Plan now is to do some further checks on compression, re-torque head bolts (I initially set at 60lbs), readjust valve clearances, then pull engine and transmission from chassis and send chassis for full sand blasting/priming before further diassembling suspension etc. Progress keeps me enthused.
  12. Looking for one for a 1966 ply Fury . Kings32
  13. Well the other cars I was looking at to replace the chevy in the keeper category fell through so at this point I'm pulling the car off the market. I will though be open to buying a project car for the coming winter Thanks
  14. well got a letter in the mail today from Bill (Uvira) he refunded my money, as well as cost to ship my reflectors out to him !! he asked that i send him the set that was sent to me on accident. I am good with that, and hope they find their home Have to say Bill has provided me TOP NOTCH customer service and i truly appreciate that !! something that you do NOT see or get much anymore anywhere. now just have to wait for my reflectors to get done at the plater.... ZZZzzzzz
  15. I am doing EXACTLY that bill requires. I have spoken to him many times before the original ones were sent, as well as since the incident of my lost reflectors. he needs a completely finished polished nickel surface. it is a vacuum alumization and a coating that goes. Bill used to do the entire process, but is older and slower now after his stroke, so has cut his leg work back to just the alumization vacuum process. you can google vacuum aluminization for mirrors (telescope/microscope) and see how it works, pretty cool technology from the 70's THANKS NASA !! he has done probably thousands of these since 1972 and is good at what he does and love what he does.
  16. so what would this extra vaccum port be for?
  17. well got a letter in the mail today from Bill (Uvira) he refunded my money, as well as cost to ship my reflectors out to him !! he asked that i send him the set that was sent to me on accident. I am good with that, and hope they find their home Have to say Bill has provided me TOP NOTCH customer service and i truly appreciate that !! something that you do NOT see or get much anymore anywhere. now just have to wait for my reflectors to get done at the plater.... ZZZzzzzz
  18. The Golden Age of the old car hobby for me was from 1975 to 1995. In 1975 I bought my first collector car, a 1929 Studebaker Commander, and joined my first car club. In about 1995-2000 I noticed a very distinct drop off in the number of pre WWII cars showing up at activities like shows and tours. Now, it is a pleasant surprise to see any number approaching a dozen of pre WWII cars at any kind of an even out here untamed wilds of Northern California. There are so many early cars from the 20s and 30s that I used to see regularly at various car meets. Now that the owners who used to drive them have passed on and their cars have disappeared. Another indicator of the passing of the Golden Age of old cars is the swap meets. In the 1970s I could find parts of a 1929 Studebaker at a swap meet or any number of period correct accessories. Now, when I do attend a swap meet, the only thing I get for my trouble is lots of sun exposure and exercise walking up and down the isles. One of the indicators of the transitions from the Golden Age of the old car is the switch from being able to find parts at swap meet to now having to hunt for them on the internet.
  19. Today
  20. If your new inner seals, both sides, are modern rubber lip seals, it seems it would be beneficial to install a vent. Best place would be about half way between diff. and hub. The brake pipe splitter mounting bolt might be a good one to use. Remember the diff. is in a fog of oil and foam (hopefully not too much foam with the oils of today) when the car is in motion.
  21. I’m looking for same adjustments on 34 dodge
  22. No. Read the claims for the stuff. https://evapo-rust.com/evapo-rust-faqs/
  23. The 50th anniversary of the Pueblo incident just passed in February. My ship attended the cluster. Back on station after the event we had a failure of the two forward firerooms. My after fireroom had a frozen closed 10 or 12" cross,connect valve that had never been opened since commissioning. I was the young 'um with that despised book learning. But I recognized it was a globe valve and knew the steam was holding the valve on the seat. On my suggestion, we knocked the dogs off and jacked it open with a barrel hitch cable and come-a-long. That got us into the yards for repair. A guy in the same position today would be rigging a power supply and some resistors to power the valve.......... or knock the motor off and get a come-a-long. Work-arounds. I have one on the Flexfuel sensor for my truck. Too little time is spent teaching basics these days. Bernie
  24. PFitz

oe-1 carb part

If you mean the idle speed screw on the throttle shaft, it's just a standard slotted Filister head machine screw. Paul
  25. Not trying to make it drive like a formula 1 . My suspension is tired , want to tighten it up. Thinking / hoping a certain brand shock and or bushings may be better than others. Not looking to change springs either.
  26. Here you are. http://restorecarsclassifieds.com/manuals/1923-1937standardautoelectriciansmanual/
  27. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/chatham-kent/barn-find-classic-cars/1431151302?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true This hoard belongs to an 84 year old gent who has collected for years.He's near the Detroit border with Ontario. Literally tons of stuff. I was just down to see him on Monday. Jim
  1. Load more activity