All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I just got to thinking. My pick up (tow rig) that I have had since new will be an antique next year, I am not afraid to run some miles on my antiques, but I do have a few that I wouldn't try to put this many miles on in a day. My Google tells me that its about 260 miles each way yesterday, (plus a couple of short side trips), And we did take a bit longer route back jumping off of I-5 at Corvallis and running up 99W to Mac. I didn't look at the ODO other than to realize that it turned over 145K. Pretty much all towing miles. And I always keep it garaged. I guess what I am saying is that its just a well kept used truck.
  3. TerryB

art

I would say mid 1960s too from the style of the cars and fashions. The cars are generic so no exact year is shown in detail.
  4. I read somewhere that you have to be an electrician to restore one of these. Bob
  5. I guess you may find a powder coat company to do a wire wheel Pebble Beach Concours quality (I am aware of a few examples that have seen the show field, though never asked who did the work), but most powder coated wheels I have seen are more "production" work (aka there are 100 point cars and then there are 100 point cars - one things is not like the other). There is a local company (Cincinnati) called "Killer Coatings" and they are very proud of their show finish powder coating.
  6. If you don't want to fab it yourself, there are 6 volt positive to 12 volt negative ground inverters for stereo systems that I think should work fine for cameras and other accessories. Looks like they can handle up to 3.5 amp and cost about $60. See https://www.classiccarstereos.com/positive-ground-6v-to-12v-converter.html
  7. Jim, You might want to cross-post this on eWillys.com. Dave Eilers will post your ad for free (you can donate to the site as you wish). IMO eWillys is the best and most-frequented site for Willys for sale. Cheers, Dan 1964 Willys Wagon Traveller
  8. The 1/4 inch should work well. Check the numbers on the Q-Jets before practice. Some of them are worth more than the dual quad carbs! Jon.
  9. OK, I updated the Craigs List ad and put it on ebay. Almost talked myself out of selling it. I drove it around Des Moines yesterday and what a pleasure. By the way, the reason I had not replaced the drivers door main power window switch is because the 2 "screws" which hold it into the armrest panel are 3/8 inch head fasteners that just spin and spin (of course). I took the power switch out of the 1991 Maui/Tan car that Marck Barker sold me, and it was screwed in. I must have tried to get the Driftwood switch out last fall and said screw it, I'll try again in the spring. This isn't stock on some cars is it? Per moderating and forum rules, please no more commentary on my car, my asking price, my content.
  10. Thankfully both Buick’s have/had full tanks when I put them away so by the time I use that up hopefully prices will have come back down to earth. It won’t keep me from driving as it’s really a small additional cost given how much I actually drive them, but still shocking when you pull up to the pump. @JohnD1956 that’s an interesting calculation, but it doesn’t account for the times your father locks the keys in the car with it running and it takes you half an hour to get the spare key to him! LOL.
  11. At this point, I have two broken windshields in my shop, so far I have not been advised on what to do with them. I have sent Summit an email explaining that #3 will most likely not survive as well, unless they do something about the way this glass is packaged. I am awaiting a reply to my email.
  12. That spot was still awaiting the last load of gravel. Keith
  13. Might be better to trundle over to Tupelo and bid on the '37 Cord 812 SC basket case next weekend(no idea how many will show up for that Bonhams auction, though).
  14. My Dad owned a 65 Impala 4 door hardtop similar to this one. His was a two tone....Crocus yellow body with ermine white roof....Black interior with power windows, power brakes and power steering. 283 V8 with 3 speed manual. He traded it in Feb 1973 with 107,000 miles on it, and he later regretted letting it go.....I grew up in that car.
  15. https://www.ebay.com/itm/113725193267 A nice driver class of Buick to take to chapter events, show, and just enjoy trips around town. My favorite drive in a Buick convertible is when a thunderstorm is approaching, or in the spring after the lilacs are blooming, or deep fall, when winter is around the corner but the leaves are seasonally in stride. https://www.ebay.com/itm/113725193267
  16. Yikes, this is one price guide page that may not be worth the paper it is printed on. Nice cars and they are worth decent money, but I would be real cautious at those prices - Matt Harwood shared his experiences with same/similar car(s) and I would say he is 100% on the money. By the way, this story is probably someplace else on this page too, but a good friends has a 1931 Imperial Cabriolet and a 1931 Imperial 7 passenger Sedan (and worked on everyone Chrysler's locally) and I asked him one day what the fatal flaw was to Chrysler that I saw so few and his reply was there was no fatal flaw other than they made a really good car and people tended to drive them into the ground until nothing left of them (turns out over time plenty of people share similar).
  17. A good reminder- usually after I have wheels dipped, I go over to the shop and do whatever handwork is needed to the rims - If powder coating it pays to look real close at rims prior to paint process as process really does not "fill" any imperfections.
  18. In ACD circles, the seller is probably not too out of line on price and reasonable offer on such - but to get the money they will have to be much more sharing as to what all the parts are there and ... - these cars are not fun jigsaw puzzles, less fun when incomplete (parts are egregiously expensive), and engines are a bag of worms with supercharging are even a larger bag of worms. Seller also has to realize a project like this too is a pure plain n the ... to even move from one garage to another. The hierarchy of prices for parts sort of goes "generally" like this: Duesenberg is 1st, Cord is 2nd, Auburn is 3rd, Rolls-Royce is 4th (except for cylinder heads and then they come in 2nd), Ferrari, and ...
  19. Bill, told you this stuff was tedious. in any case I volunteered to scan in the 63 Owners Manual pdf format and send it to OldGerman via Dropbox. The electronic transmission eliminates the debate regarding best way and least expensive and the Gent gets a copy of the owner’s manual he can print, collate, bind, and he has a manual. Turbinator
  20. The big window crank handle is to crank up the windshield. It will go up about six inches. The dash is designed so that if you crank up the windshield about an inch or so it catches the air and blows it on your feet. More, it blows directly on you. This is a feature you will really appreciate driving your car in warm weather as there is a lot of heat transmitted through the firewall and other cracks and holes in the floor boards. Cranking up the windshield makes a huge difference in interior comfort. My car is a Master 26-47. But it is the same body.
  21. Today
  22. Here is the only photo of the car available for now. Owner will take some more in May. Contact him directly please. Thanks,George
  23. Do you need the one that has the three tabs or two tabs on the bottom?
  24. I like PFitz answer - incredibly skilled fellow too. My best advice is to either put it back to original or adapt a modern filter into an original case, but all said and done the mileage most 30's cars get over time and road conditions they are exposed to ... = not sure a herculean effort is really needed. Also, a significant number of brass, nickle, 20's, 30's, and 40's cars do not even have oil filters to begin with.
  25. It looks like the seller saw the light. And has added some important history to the description. International Harvester stuff. This could be the Holy Bale!
  1. Load more activity