All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Ken, I understand they belong to the regulator but I was wondering if the grommets go after the triangle plate against the cowl or before it.
  3. Looking for the Bob Gerometta's Oldsmobile Engine Modification and Tuning Guide - V8 Engines fm 1964 - 1978 . Anybody got a spare? Tried Amazon and eBay, no luck yet . Have contacted Bob but no reply yet
  4. Maybe one of our US Buick brethren could order one for you and make arrangements to have it shipped to you? I'd offer but being in Canada has it's issues with the exchange rate on the money and shipping is twice what it is in the US. At least parts are still available for your car.
  5. I agree the front axle is reversed. This would be terrible for caster. After you fix that or at least have an alignment shop confirm it, why not a tow dolly? I have a tow dolly and a pair of spare rear hubs with the axle shafts removed. I put the Buick on the dolly, pull the hub and shaft assemblies, swap in just the spare hubs and away I go free wheeling in the rear. 45 MPH but with cruise and a/c for the Wife and pups and with a lighter duty tow vehicle. And a way to get the Buick home should it have an issue. Did this for years for the same reasons as you and also not having space for storing a trailer. Recently purchased a 2500 GMC Suburban with a 454. Now in the market for an enclosed trailer since I have retired.
  6. I'm going to be selling a 1960 Cadillac conv. No rust, no dents . rebuilt engine , everything new does need a paint job. No body repairs needed. $40,000
  7. Thank you for your comments. I will bypass the resistance-wire from the key switch to the coil. thank you, Frank
  8. One of the engineers I worked with was single and anal when it came to cars and how they run. He hooked up thermal sensors to his v6 and found cooling was not as good as it should be. He made his own fan system to improve cooling in the engine compartment. As you mentioned it was up to the owner to make sure all oils and cooling were maintained, if they were not there was trouble. My friend maintained his and in fact still owns it.
  9. Spec as in original looking? Bolt spacing would be correct? I believe they should be 17". I'm very interested!
  10. NOT MINE Description This 90 year old item has the original box, all 99 playing cards and copy of the instructions. Playing the popular old Parker Brothers card game of Touring gives a jaunt back in time. Players attempt to complete a trip (made up of sixteen mile cards), while overcoming any obstacles which may occur during their travels. Along with the highest mile per hour card of 30MPH (allowed to be played only when driving through the country), the images on the cards offer depictions of old time style automobiles and convey the limiting conditions of early vehicles and drivers
  11. Evidence of the engine turning is still there in the photo.
  12. I never noticed the music until I read this thread. It doesn't bother me, its just there. But then I have music going most of the time of 1 type or another.
  13. The Historical Automobile Society of Canada has a week long "hub" tour that began 62 years ago called the Normoska. (The first one was around Muskoka,Ont,hence the shortening of North to Muskoka to Normoska. This year,it was held near me in Dorchester,Ontario. There were 78 registrants,with everything from a '15 Model T roadster to modern. The club's "Heritage 35" group were the hosts. Thursday evening we hosted a car show so that the locals could see them up close. The local car community was invited to participate. The '25 Buick coupe was there, it's first run since it's new fan hub was installed.It was the first time I've ever driven it home with the lights on. I was grateful for a neighbour who covered my butt,as that one tiny tail light doesn't give much warning.
  14. There's a gentleman in Pennsylvania, the Lancaster area, who fabricates new brake cables. I don't have contact info in hand, but someone here should have it. If not I'll get it for you.
  15. Your car sounds like it has to much toe out. If all other components are reasonably tight I would co for a great amount of toe out. It's very hard to drive a car with any toe out. Camber = tire wear. Caster = steering returning to center .
  16. Today
  17. VL2 Thanks for the up date and the picture you are a real trooper . Lots of love and prayers from here. Mike
  18. Drove both the 1923 Kissel Gold Bug and the 1921 Kissel Sport Tourster at yesterday ‘s Woodward Dream Cruise! Wonderful spot in Birmingham Michigan. The parked cars became people-magnets when we stopped cruising.. didn’t see as many old cars as last year either, echoing previous comments. Both cars acted up. The packing but on the Gold Bug started peeing water while the Tourster started to refuse to shift. Guess I’ve got more stuff to fix! Ron Hausmann P.E.
  19. I hear you and concur. The situation in this case, however, appears to be that condensation and lack of use caused the motor shaft to 'stick' to the upper bushing. The entire blower assembly looked as new - the bushing was tight (no slop in the shaft) . I thought about drilling a small hole to allow oiling the bottom bushing, but once the upper bushing became unstuck, the shaft spun freely. I really think the root cause was galvanic action between the upper bushing and shaft due to lack of use. I plan to flip the switch every so often from now on, so we'll see what happens...
  20. buickguy62

drink holder

I have one of these, works perfectly, does not cover up the convenience outlet. I have the unfinished one, painted it blue to match the interior.
  21. For any used trailer, I always deduct for new tires, new brakes, and a rewire of the trailer. Also possible new drums if the trailer has been sitting and everything is rusted up.
  22. I have a 24 ft trailer. When I bought the trailer, the "standard" axles on the trailer were 3,500 pound axles. I could not find any trailers with heavier axles so I had one built with 5,500 pound axles. Never tow anything at max weight, but I like the margin of safety of having the heaver axles and bigger brakes on both axles. Dealers in the are were actually selling trailers with brakes on one axle only at the time.
  23. That was my next suggestion. Did they pull the shaft to check the joints, or just look for excess movement? Both of the shafts in my vehicles looked OK, except the rear Riviera joint showed some movement. That said, I think it was the forward joint on Goldie that was the source of vibration. It looked fine in the car, but was noticeably 'notchy' feeling when I moved it around by hand. The pictures in my CV Thread show the roller wear marks in the spiders that I believe were responsible for the vibration I felt.
  24. I use it a lot. I also come here first for any information or questions before the FB page. Keep up the good work! You're an asset to the Reatta community.
  1. Load more activity