All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. so get rid of cops and watch people die everday
  3. This is something that doesn't show up very often. Are they really worth the asking price in this condition.
  4. Those push pins look correct. I can see them in the first photo of the 1926 model 40 with the original interior.
  5. 1937 Studebaker President rumble seat coupe. Studebaker made 133 of these . I have bought and sold this car twice. I loved buying it each time and regretted selling it each time. The first time I bought it was in 1985. I was living and working in Virginia and the company I was working for transferred me to Louisiana. I just had too many antiques. I kept the ‘63 Avanti and the ‘58 Porsche and the ‘38 Oldsmobile and sold the ‘37 Studebaker and immediately knew I made a mistake. I kept track of it and was able to buy it back in 1994 or 1995. During that ownership I did a complete, bare frame, restoration. I took it to the 2015 Studebaker International meet in St Louis and foolishly allowed myself to be talked out of it. I know where it is and have told the current owner that I might be interested if he ever decides to part with it, but I’ve been downsizing recently, so I know that that is probably just not gonna happen. Sure shouldn’t have sold it that second time. Tom
  6. Things get very repetitive around here because people keep posting the same photos over and over again. But we have previously reviewed the story behind this plate. It belonged to James M. Curley, long-time Boston mayor and one-time governor of Massachusetts. Here's the story of how he got it: https://www.jphs.org/people/2005/4/14/james-michael-curley-and-the-5-license-plate.html#gsc.tab=0
  7. I'm looking for a set of 215/75-14 narrow (3/8") white wall tires for my 1972 Grand Prix. I gave up on Coker years ago after getting a set of square tires. I've used Diamondback for years and have had good luck except for the recent set of white walls I bought from them. I understand they've had trouble lately with tire balance, which is the problem I'm having. Does anyone know of a good source for quality narrow white wall tires?>
  8. This the best depiction of the Teves pump and system but it lacks the internals of the switch. The holes may just be needed for assembly?? I just don't know.
  9. Bully for the man from Texas ! (Mattie Ross, True Grit.) Thanks, CD
  10. I don't quite understand the situation but would teflon tape on the threads help?
  11. I don't know what the small holes are for, but they do extend into the body of the switch but not necessarily in a straight line. I wouldn't think that sitting still or driving would make any difference to the o-ring unless heat or vibration has some effect? The system pressurizes to 2600+ psi in motion or not. Maybe it just takes some time for the fluid to wick out along the threads which are a close tolerance.
  12. Thank you Bob for the thread link. Even though it took me few years to watch it, I couldn't believe this restoration could be done but you did accomplished a near to impossible task. Indeed this thread deserves to be in the top.Thanks again for sharing and for your recent help offer. Yes EmTee threw you under the bus! Al
  13. I have removed the 4 bolts holding the rear driveline to the yearend, unable to pull the front "U" joint shaft out of the rear of the transmission, I have removed the 4 bolts and the parking brake, what have I overlooked or missing. I need to replace the pressure plate, clutch and have the flywheel resurfaced. I can not move forward unless I can get driveline removed. Help
  14. Thanks for the insight🙂 I have a cottage on the Embarrass river 13 miles west of Shawano upstream of Pella. Small world.
  15. Today
  16. It's always interesting how location comes into play. Folks within 300 miles of my domicile in Michigan put them up for sale around 15k for the most part. Nearly all are middle of the road examples that should be sub $10k cars at most. Moving down to the local $10k asking price and you get cars that don't run or are poorly restored. Everything seems to be priced 2X around here and they just sit for sale week after week. I wouldn't mind another T to drive around while I finish my '26 but not at the $$$ fishing expeditions I see posted on the marketplace. I do see the occasional exception of a decent fairly priced T but at an ever decreasing rate.
  17. Did Old Tanks method work? My 55 322 is leaking bad and i am fixing to also try the wire trick.Sure makes sense to me.
  18. I have always liked these Skylarks. This one is no exception! It has a console with a floor shifter and a decent engine it. I would chuck the offy valve covers and find either some originals or chrome ones. For the price he's asking it better be perfect because according to Hagerty for a pristine condition sport coupe it's a $22,000 car and Hagerty is usually high. I think it sells for 18 or 19 grand.
  1. Load more activity