All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Hey, pkhammer, oh man, I wish you had stopped by to say hello !!! I —- was —- extremely active today, and a good bit of it was buying…. some of the other conversations that I had, will indeed lead to sales down the road, so it was vital that I took the time to lead them to the promised land !!! The place was crawling with people today, the aisles were full for what I could see… And I am in row I I —- the middle of the infield… One of my fellow vendor friends in Row P down by gate one agreed —- his aisle was typically very full at 6 : 45 A.M. to 9 : 00 A.M. and still had people all day…. Yesterday, Wednesday, there were considerably less people, but 50 - 70 % were buying….. Today, Thursday, the place was jam packed, but I would say 15 - 20 % were buying…. approximately 1 in 5 , 1 in 6…. That’s all …. Luckily, I was too busy, as pkhammer said, to wonder why they were here ?!?! I was busy serving people….. For all those that were aimlessly wandering around —- it is fair to wonder why they would pay $ 10 to park , $ 13 each for admission , to just clog up the aisles ?!?! They would walk down the middle of the aisle, and not even look left or right ?!?! Or “ dutifully walk the outer curve “ and not go down any aisle ?!?! I don’t think they got their money’s worth, to be honest……. Still two (2) more days here —- Friday and Saturday —- come be part of the fun !!! Yours, Craig…..
  3. Original NAGS # D4626, replaced by D4941. That's assuming it's a front passenger door glass (RF) you're looking for, not a right rear passenger, since you didn't specify. Yes, they fit equivalent models from 71-76, Impala/Caprice, Delta 88, 71-74 Catalina. Here's one on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/275451996993
  4. Let me know. My 75 is a standard silver dome. I’m interested how much the red head increases things. my car runs well. Great tour car. Tom
  5. Nope. Pretty much a specialty fastener. Not too hard to dupicate though. What was once made by the hand of man can again be made by the hand of man......bob
  6. From my website HERE I use the plumbing fixture.
  7. Are there any 18 volt headlight bulbs available for my 1914 White automobile? I heard that the stater/generator was originally 18 volt and needs to be 18 volt for the generator to work properly and to start working when driving in 4 TH gear above 12 mph. Any help is appreciated.
  8. When I went through the engine and drive line in my 1916 D-45 Buick I used John Deere Corn Head Grease on the transmission U-Joint. It has worked just great for that application. For the transmission I used the 600W gear oil that I got from Restoration Supply and that has worked well also. Terry Wiegand South Hutchinson, Kansas AACA Life Member #947918
  9. He sounds more black than most black guys.
  10. That’s actually a jack that was my wife’s grandfather's I restored. I have a big hydraulic bottle jack that’s heavier and seemed overkill. I do have a model T jack that seemed a little to light. That one worked perfectly
  11. I like your screw jack. I have about six of those in different sizes. I feel a lot safer using them than I do with hydraulic bottle jacks.
  12. Awesome jam with War! Most might not realize he sang House Of The Rising Sun’ with the Animals
  13. Who doesn’t aspire to be an “overfed long haired leaping gnome”......? Starring in a Hollywood movie........ THEN.......you know you’ve made it. Spill the Wine............
  14. My recollection of the Bell System exchanges was that there were standard exchange names that had some local relevance, like PEnsylvania 6-5000. Other areas might have the same numbers on the dial but different names. As a kid in Baltimore in the 1950s, our phone number was BElmont 5908 but later upgraded to BElmont5 5908. As I recall, they then issued Belmont 7 and Belmont 9 numbers. There is a website on line that will link your current 3-digit number exchange to the old names.
  15. Is this tranny like the one in my 1941 Cadillac? Mine is column shift - is this one floor shift? Interchangeable?
  16. No pictures today, but about 140 miles added on the clock. At least it was dry with no rain.
  17. Is this Hubcap correct for the 1941 Plymouth?
  18. Today
  19. I am using it in the transmission of my 1914 Maxwell, and it seems to work well. Having seen the promotional films for it, I would not use it in a steering box, though.
  20. All C6's ,,,pity. Generally with Fords { Merc's } the original motor is not as big a deal as with other makes. On several of the CJ's I have seen even the partial vin is almost impossible to read. Others I have seen are reasonably clear but far from all. And more or less impossible when the engine is installed. Al are you sure the partial vin is stamped on some of the heads ? I have only ever seen it at the back of the block , but I have no experience with 427 cars, just 428 CJ's. Mustangs , Cougars, Torino's and Cyclones. The very high $ big block cars are probably the exception to my yardstick of NOM not being that big a deal on Ford's and Merc's. GTE's. " 135 " Mustang's, KR Shelby's . Thunderbolts, 427 Fairlane's and the likes. Of them all I would say the GTE's do the least for me personally. Give me just a simple 68 1/2 regular production CJ Mustang and I would be happy { 4 speed only }.
  21. For Sale: 1930 Ford Model A Coupe - $19,500 - Council Bluffs, IA 1930 Ford for sale by owner - Council Bluffs, IA - craigslist Seller's Description: 1930 Model A Ford coupe with rumble seat. Body, paint, and upholstery are good. Runs well. Asking price $19500. Cash only. odometer: 81659 Contact: No phone listed Copy and paste in your email: b8bbcd74484a3b98939cf0947e44c792@sale.craigslist.org I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1930 Ford Model A Coupe.
  22. For Sale: 1952 Desoto Custom 4dr Sedan - Project - $5,500 obo - Lincoln, NE 1952 desoto custom for sale by owner - Lincoln, NE - craigslist Seller's Description: 1952 Desoto Custom, 6-cylinder, transmission: manual, $5,500.00 obo Contact: Call (402) 4-thirty-nineteen-3-6 Copy and paste in your email: e61120cb99563de082a0f862c23b0030@sale.craigslist.org I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1952 Desoto Custom 4dr Sedan - Project.
  23. The Wife and I left at 5:00am for the 3 hour drive north to Carlisle. My main objective was to pick up the new set of tires and tubes from Coker for my recent Model A Sedan purchase. We did spend a few hours walking the isles (saw about 1/3 of it) after picking up the tires and hooked up with some friends for lunch. Was certainly a picture perfect beautiful day to be out and about! Other than $1,300 worth of tires, I spent $5 on a cool pre-war taillamp that is kind of unusual. Lots and lots of post war parts and performance stuff but enough pre-war items to be interesting. Crowd was large and vendors seemed to be busy. Walked by Craig's spaces twice @mobileparts but didn't stop to chat. He was busy with multiple customers both times.
  24. I suggest you go to the DBC club roster and find someone with a Standard for those pictures. A Standard is a pretty unusual car, not made very long in 1928.
  1. Load more activity