All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The ad mentioned rust due to being at the coast (Santa Cruz). You can't see it in the pictures but probably smaller chrome pieces are the main victims. Still seems a great price for a '51 Caddy driver. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/corte-madera-1951-cadillac-series-62/7740628160.html email: d2a22f4906af32d3b3fed8ae3e4581b8@sale.craigslist.org
  3. Too bad about the rust; the 2-door style is nice to see when all of the ones I have seen (not many, BTW) were all 4-doors.
  4. Here is where the rubber meets the road. You can build anything but getting it all to work together and work like it should is a different matter. It really is true, form follows function, and proper function makes demands on form. This becomes even more critical as things become smaller because there is less room to work with. Most people don't realize what it takes to build a car. Setting a motor down into a frame is the easy part, even though that effects steering components and driveability. Weight distribution can become critical with steering and with braking. You can have a beautifully designed car that is not steerable or stoppable. This is why there is a team of engineers designing and building cars, very difficult for one man to do. Looking really good. I'm sure you'll get there in the end. Just make sure your body can't move during this operation. They have a tendency to.
  5. An interesting note to me from a friend in OZ Hi Hans It is a 11BL Citroen from the 1949-52? period . A French made version. Commonly known as the Light 15 . There was also a 6 cylinder model called the Big 6 . ( not the English version which had a wooden dash panel and assembled in Slough England from CKD parts with some English content such as Lucas electrics , Rubery Owen wheels etc. and leather trim instead of cloth. ) Regards Brian
  6. Still looking for headlights, if anyone should come across a set😊
  7. Have had less than 6 degrees of seperation at times but unfortunatly no 6 degrees of seperation here. Uncle Henry was on another branch of the family. Would have been a unique experience if it was.
  8. It was at the 2022 Nationals. I'm trying to use only photos I took so I don't have issues with copyrights.
  9. I enjoy reading old manuals. I have one from a REO that talks about how you should drain your fuel and heat it on your stove on a cold winter day. I have to go back and read it, but it probably is under one of those sections of “having your man do”. Such a manly thing to be heating gasoline on a open flame stove- My modern transportation pod manual has like 30 pages on how to program the clock, and says stuff like do not drink the battery acid.
  10. Regarding the currently fitted pressure sensor - is the measurements 60 - 20 ohm (roughly) what would be expected for ´66 425 engine sensor? - or is something else to be expected (since the gauge seems to have a life of it's own). Best regards, Søren
  11. Serve the community will generally require the accused to take time off work to serve. Income loss no matter how the infraction is handled.
  12. Yesterday, before putting everything back together I decided to pull the door panels and lubricate the front window mechanisms; they both work, but slowly. Good thing I did, as i could see old, dry grease on both regulator /track mechanisms. I sprayed some oily lubricant onto the rollers and tracks, then exercised the windows up & down several times -- big improvement! I also removed a few small leaves and pine needles from the bottom of both doors...
  13. In which case the court needs to throw out the ticket.
  14. Extensive rust damage is fatal to unibodies. It's nearly impossible to repair and hideously expensive to try to do so. I'll be surprised if you don't find this unfortunate Ambassador has extensive rust damage. In the late 1960's, there was a junkyard here in town our small used car dealer/garage took unsaleable cars which held fourteen Nashs. When they were scraping the yard, when they went to move those Nash Airflytes, the bodies pulled apart and collapse, that how badly rust had ruined the body structures. One feature which should be saved if it has them, if this turns out to be a Brougham: two individual armchair rear seats and the side armrests and middle console, they are rare features only the Brougham has.
  15. I don't trust ANY of the electrical gauges. too many variables'. Mechanical ONLY in my opinion. Tom T.
  16. I think your math is pretty close AJ. Great cars , but way out of my league. Years ago I worked on Jags a fair bit. I liked them and for a time thought I might take the plunge if the right one came along. When I was a school boy in the late 1960's / early 1970's there were several in my general area in various stages of decay , some still being driven, but even more lurking in garages and car ports. At that point they were going very cheap. But 10 years later I was a young British car mechanic. Then I started seeing the sort of repair / restoration bills our customers were paying. I decided I was better off staying with MG's and similar.
  17. There are a number of stories out there regarding no name generic e-bike batteries which caught fire while charging and caused significant house and building fires. The few dollars saved on cheaper replacement batteries doesn’t begin to make it worth the risk of starting a fire
  18. This can be said for a number of objects - just to find the right person who has the knowledge how to restore something - be it a part, a sign, clock, lamp etc and do it correctly and authentically can be an issue. There are a lot of self proclaimed experts out there .
  1. Load more activity