All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. ABear is spot on with this, the straps are fine for what they were intended, but lifting a top heavy engine in this unsupported way is just plain "dangerous" If that engine starts to move because the tension has lightened on the straps and the heavy top tries to turn the whole thing can turn and if your arm is between the engine and whatever you could loose it. If I did this where I worked, (and I used straps, chains, engine cranes, forklifts ect at the industrial place I worked) the forman would at best have reamed me a new a#####e, but if anything had happened, I would have been shown the door!
  3. Craig, wow, approx. 20 years! And the areas that you mentioned do belong to the nicest ones of the whole country. "Home" means for me the middle west part of the country, but with good friends in Munich as well as Heidelberg šŸ˜Š. Matthias
  4. How many ohms does a 57 Ford gas gauge work on trying to pick the right sending unit for an aftermarket gas tank?
  5. Today
  6. 1950 Pontiac sedan delivery? https://barnfinds.com/one-of-400-1950-pontiac-sedan-delivery/#google_vignette Text above may or may not be true https://www.motoexotica.com/vehicles/327/1950-pontiac-streamliner-sedan-delivery-1950-pontiac-streamliner-sedan-delivery https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/pontiac/sedan-delivery/green-colour/between-50000-70000/
  7. I hate Horrow Freight...only thing I ever bought there was some lead cotter pins....they imediately wilted on my rear brake drum castilated hub nuts. Cheap crap.
  8. Sorry we are not taking a car.. Yes no K-D.. That would be fun to do.. My wife still works so our trips are to fly and rent.. I looked at my eBay account.. I sold Kaiser Darrin parts to a guy in Santa Fe in the last year.. Not sure if he has a car or just collects parts.. Sorry it took me a long time to chime in.. Just got back from MN to night.. and looking to take off soon again..
  9. What's next for AI? Take a selfie and have it change your grubby sweats to designer threads? How about trim and style your hair like a movie star's? Maybe change your features subtly to make you appear more attractive or even of a different race? Honesty sadly seems to be taking reality by the hand and leaving the building. My father used to say, "Don't believe anything you read, and only half of what you hear." These days, "Don't believe anything you read, or hear, or see!"
  10. @abandg will you contact me regarding a horn bar? I canā€™t send messages year. @Turbinator did you make the stainless hornbar?
  11. Chevrolet was alone offering a sedan delivery 49-51. Ford had the 2 door wood wagons and they wouldnā€™t be appropriate for the rigors of heavy commercial use. Ford came back with a SD for 1952 when they introduced their all steel wagon. Ford (the wagon master) built both two and four door wagons so their SD had the longer two door doors. Chevrolet only had a four door wagon such that their SD used the short door. (Up through 1954). Considering the practical utilitarian reason for having a SD I think that having a longer door would be advantageous for entry-exit and loading.
  12. If you can do it without having to remove the entire steering column, that would be a lot better. Yours looks like a 36 or 37. My 41 I had to remove the entire steering gearbox to repair it as the main shaft that goes up to steering wheel is part of the gearbox. You need to car raised up very high to get it out and back in again from under the chassis. I had purchased a 'rebuilt' one from a supplier that is now out of business, but they didn't do it correctly. Once I got it out of the vehicle I had to do some special shimming to get the proper 'play' in the gearbox under the car. It might be a Saginaw unit, not sure. There is a company I think it's name is Lores that advertises in Hemmings and on line too that rebuilds them too. I would try to fix it in your case in the car without removing the steering column!
  13. An experienced photographer with the right camera can play with the depth-of-field to achieve what I simply call "selective focus." Example below. I think that's part of what we're seeing. The secondary question is, is the car really that shiny - or - did someone use the new AI (artificial intelligence) image manipulation software to enhance the car's look? One can only answer that question by examining in person - unless the Seller will give you some unadulterated simple cell phone pics.
  14. Always an enjoyable day, one thing I miss about Victoria.
  15. I am glad I passed them up. It sounds like they went to a good home. It is really nice to hear about your good experience with the seller. I have been very fortunate buying a lot of things online. But to get your item before paying is pretty special. I have had one similar experience, with Larry Isgro, in New York. He sells carburetor rebuild kits. The first time I did business with him, he said he would mail it out to me, and I could just send him a check. Needless to say, I have bought many kits from him.
  16. Looks like Chevy was winning ...at least this battle.
  17. A few of the cars at the Easter fund raiser for the royal childrenā€™s hospital.
  18. My '65 was made in Wixom, so I think you're right about the '63's, but not certain. Car does look to be a very good deal.
  19. For all those unfamiliar with the make, the boots are from the famous Australian Boot-maker, R M Williams, the side of the lable you can see/read shows their address in Adelaide in South Australia, 5 Percy Street. I have been buying and wearing their boots for as long as I can remember. That is during my adult life......
  20. I'd love to have that Mercury. The photos are a little odd, though. Car is in focus but background and even foreground aren't. Looks photoshop-y.
  21. I was a veteran of the Ford/Chevy wars. I never thought I'd see the day
  22. Yes, getting rid of mouse smell doesn't sound fun, but these farm trucks can be some of the best classic vehicle deals you'll find. Many haven't been exposed to salt, even in northern climates. The main problem is...Where do you store them? They're BIG.
  23. There were other pictures but I only took this one. It had a hood modified with a Packard Clipper grille
  1. Load more activity