All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Not the "first date" but first time I went out with my now wife borrowed my sisters Austin Healey 100/4 in the middle of summer with the heater stuck in the on position! 😰
  3. This is an Aussie prefect from that era - from wiki - different I reckon.
  4. Looking for an Autolite generator distributor housing. My Generator # is GJ 4014. It has a water pump drive hole also. This housing came on a variety of generators without water pump hole . That's ok , I can drill it. They were cast iron instead of potmetal. If you have anything, Please let me know. Thanks!
  5. Today
  6. Cauti jante din aliaj sau tabla la cel mai bun pret? JANTE ALIAJ orice auto si jante din tabla originale sau aftermarket gasesti la Vadrexim tot timpul. Profita de promotiile la JANTE din aliaj si tabla pentru marci auto cum ar fi: AUDI, BMW, Mercedes, Opel, Logan, Renault, etc...,marci de jante cunoscute sau mai putin cunoscute: AEZ, DEZENT, DOTZ, ENZO, BORBET, ALCAR STAHLRAD, GM, etc... LIVRARE 100% GRATIS 4 buc! Montaj imediat la cumparare in Service Roti Autorizat RAR. Comanda JANTE TABLA orice autovehicul, jante din aliaj si anvelope vara si iarna pe vadrexim.ro, Tel. 0730 710 764.
  7. Cauti anvelope de vara sau iarna la cel mai bun pret? ANVELOPE IARNA ieftine sau premium, dar si anvelope de vara sau all season gasesti la Vadrexim pentru toate tipurile de autovehicule. PROMOTII la ANVELOPE de iarna si vara, marci de cauciucuri cunoscute sau mai putin cunoscute pe piata din Romania, Michelin, Dunlop, Goodyear, Continental,Pirelli, Nokian, Tigar, Taurus, Matador, Windforce, etc. LIVRARE 100% GRATIS 4buc! Montaj pe loc la cumparare in Service ROTI autorizat RAR. Comanda online anvelope iarna sau ANVELOPE VARA ieftine resapate sau noi si jante din aliaj sau tabla pe vadrexim.ro, Tel: 0730 710 764 .
  8. interesting, wishes to skip at a good price
  9. Bought my first car and learned to drive in it when I was 15. Worked washing dishes at a small restaurant to earn the $40.00 to buy a 1936 Dodge Business cp. Sure was a fun car but not very handy for a double date LOL. Great for just my girlfriend and I though. Lots of great memories from those days.
  10. Very cool info and great photo to show what the maps would have looked like displayed at the dealers. Each bit of information and each photo I see is a step closer in my research. Thanks Dave
  11. At age 16 I drove my dad's '41 Chevy to impress my first date who lived 2 blocks away, to take her to the movies 5 blocks away. Her folks would have nothing of it, sensibly making us walk....
  12. Maybe the buyer is depending on the bunny to multiply.
  13. What every dad would give keys too.. drive.. I never owned any cars at 16.. Not sure if I drove the 1976 dodge dart or not..
  14. Hi Ed, i don’t know what you looked at. this is for the tail, installed successfully on my ‘63. https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/tail-light-bulb/1157-led-bulb-dual-function-27-smd-led-tower-bay15d-bulb/2625/5698/?year=1963&make=14&model=1380&scc_id=1445 I also bought a flasher for LED. Search for 372451495059 on eBay.
  15. My grandmother's 1961 Ford Falcon. A friend and his date road along too........
  16. Pollock hit me right off the bat too....... Let us not forget a certain Campbell's soup can. By the way........snobbery is not exclusive to any particular class.
  17. unfotrnately money is tight and i had to cancel my hotel that 600 bucks for 4 nights. guess the aaca got a donation for my registration fees etc
  18. I looked at the link from the post and this is what they're recommending for a tail light bulb. Ain't gonna' fit, brother. They recommed a 194 and you need an 1157. Totally different kinds of bulbs. Caveat Emptor.
  19. I posted this stuff for sale free if you pick it up... .. If you can find out the the numbers.. I could look if I have any that is still good.. You never know some one may be on tour and pick it all up..
  20. I also have never been able to get LED bulbs to work in the tails or corners. However I would love to do the dash! If you find a solution let us know. I converted the shifter plate bulb to a tiny LED strip and it works fine (maybe too bright even). I just bought a generic strip at the auto parts store.
  21. Enough is enough folks. NO POLITICS IN THIS FORUM!
  22. Gary, that is one heck of a-bargain at $320.! Yes indeed. There is no prestige in paying more than is necessary. turbinator
  23. Rich, I changed all my interior lights out to LED. There is a LED that is Amber color that mimics the original soft lighting, but brighter. I left the glove box light incandescent. Jim Cannon mentioned he increased his incandescent lighting by one candle power. The best of my knowledge there is no LED bulb kit for the 63 Riviera. I’m happy to be wrong. Those little devils can get pricey. In the case of LED. Lighting I would stick with one company that supplies your whole set. If something doesn’t fit and it happens you want to be able to return the wrong LED. I had the idea of putting LED in my tail lights. My tail lights shorted themselves out. I put back the incandescent 1157 in metal bulb sockets I grounded to the body. Lights work fine. I tried LED in the cornering lights. I could not get the LEDs to fit. Now all my problems could very well be my lack of experience in auto mechanic efforts. Its probably easier to take the dash off to get to the lights for the HVAC panel lights. If you remove the A PILLAR skins the dash won’t have the edges scraped. It was a hassle for me, but Zi like to be able to see at night. turbinator
  24. If you want to keep the slightly yellow glow of the original bulbs, get warm white. IMHO, cool white (5000+K) are glaring and unnatural.
  25. Hugh Ive been changing my oil every 2 years and it comes out looking pretty clean but I’m only doing about 750-1000 miles in that time. Also we’re pretty lucky as we’re unlikely see temperatures fall much below the 50s and nor do we have high humidity to contend with. I suspect oil change interval is more around how you use the car and not time but as others have pointed out oil changes are relatively cheap insurance so I think I’ll just keep changing it.
  26. Australia made bodies from scratch, due the import taxes of the time. GM Holden made bodies for a lot of brands (not just GM). Are different in detail from USA Fisher TJ Richards (Chrysler) was another major local Au body builder
  1. Load more activity