All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Wondering if Rita & Liz are pictured here
  3. I would take a good but disassembled car over a rough but assembled car any day. Particularly when talking about 1950's British sports cars. Any thing as rust free as this Jag is in my mind worth a serious premium over a rusty car. { and people restore lots of rusty Jag's } Spent way too much of my younger years re creating rusty Mustangs and British cars. They always turned out good in the end, but very labor intensive and painstaking to get all the fit and alignment of the body structure correct. Also, this one is far from fully dis- assembled. If you were going to do a frame up the dis-assembly is barely started. I would just Very fine steel wool the remaining red off , polish up what is left of the factory paint. Stick it back together after a mechanical freshening and drive it. Someone with very deep pockets could to a frame up on it 20 years from now once I was finished using it.
  4. Just the spare tire bulge? I would bet one could find a better example WITH the top as the factory intended for a better price. Take about 10k off the asking and it might sell.
  5. I can't answer your question, however, if it were my car I'd be willing to buy it with the intention of using the components to rebuild the '60 core.
  6. It amazes me the cars I see restored and original body bushings left in place. Fortunately they are a bit easier on a f body but still a pain. Def worth the effort in the long run though.
  7. I'm really tempted to frame a copy and hang it in my garage!
  8. I would take very good care of the cars, and drive them like they were my own.🤫
  9. One thing I learned from this is that the adage "use it of lose it" seems to apply here. Once I get everything back together, I plan to exercise the rear windows on a regular basis to keep the motors and mechanism moving freely.
  10. Rodney (AKA Mate): The guy is the video is the one who disconnected the rear cigar lighter. Good point! Thanks, CD
  11. The Graham's so ugly it's cool. But coming from dealing with vehicles that have readily available reproduction parts- where on earth would you find things like the missing head light lenses? Swap meets and online searches I guess...
  12. Hoping someone can answer what seems to be an easy question. Have a 1987 Jaguar XJ6 with common rust at bottom of windshield. Need to fix but wondering if 2nd series gasket will work on 3series. Would rather use full rubber gasket instead of all the urethane glue. Do I also need to purchase new crome? Thanks
  13. Fordy, Well said and hard to follow. I will digress with a slight hiccup. Saw this at a cars n coffee the other day. 20240421_082935 by Kerry Grubb, on FlickrLANQB]20240421_082926[/url] by Kerry Grubb, on Flickr I got a bit of a chuckle. This is the first Pinto I have seen on the road in a long time. Original condition and very nice. I grew up with them in the family, first car I ever drove legally on the road. My brother in law landed a good job after he graduated hs. In 1972 he bought a brand new Gran Torino and a Pinto. Torino was his date night car Pinto was a daily driver. He drove that pinto for a couple hundred thousand miles. My sister got a Pinto around 1974, the car I learned to drive in. It was a really good car as well. In 1982 I bought the Gran Torino from him with just a little under 10k miles. One of those cars I wish I had back. Back to the regular scheduled program.
  14. My '52 Chevrolet truck, Sam, I actually bought three times. Tried for over 20 years to buy it, finally succeeded. A couple of years later, with the '46 and a new daughter, I didn't have funds to restore, or time, so I traded him for a very clean '64 Rambler American wagon. (That got traded, one of the worst trades of my life, sight unseen for a '55 Plymouth. I was a man of my word, but when the Plymouth arrived, I deeply regretted it. But that's another story). A year or so later, my close friend was looking for an old truck and Sam came available from the guy I'd sold it to. I bought it immediately, and called my friend Jeremy to explain that if he didn't buy Sam from me for the price I'd just paid, Sam would become a motel because the wife would surely make me sleep in it. He bought Sam. Several years later, after my seller's remorse over having lost my truck twice, My friend called and offered to sell me Sam, with the condition that if I sell it, he gets dibs. I couldn't drive the 2 hours to his house fast enough. Now Sam's at home for the LAST time, and the next time he goes to ANYONE- even Jeremy- I will be gone from this life.🤣 Sam's my dirt road de-stress buddy and I plan for it to remain that way... Same model of cars- well, I've owned four different C4 Corvettes- and wouldn't throw stones at another if the right one came along. Hey, I like what I like.😂
  15. Today
  16. Love the 120. I know that if I am to have the chance to be "the man that owns one" it will likely be a junior series. If I could afford the price of admission to the senior series, I'd struggle with any major repairs. And I like to drive them alot so there would be repairs. I admire the big full classics. They are works of art. But I think the smaller Packard would suit me better anyway. In rural Arkansas, it would probably have been more likely to see a 120 Packard that a Senior when they were new cars, anyway. And that Buick is beautiful even if it is an open car. Strangely, I prefer closed cars to convertibles/roadsters though. I'm weird, I guess.
  1. Load more activity