All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. @edinmass Thanks for sharing the technical and mechanical side of these old cars. Most like myself have seen them parked and shown. Very few people get to see the inner workings of what makes them tick and the work involved with that.
  3. 2 take aways: first this car is advertised for sale but in the pictures there's a sign on the dash that says "Not for sale". Second in the write up it says the car has been been sitting for 15 years, has a leak from the transmission and then it says it "needs some minor maintenance". Really? A car sitting for that long going a lot more than "minor maintenance"! But overall I do like it but the asking is a bit high.
  4. Why do you guys keep making go down the rabbit hole of searching for other similar trucks???? Apparently they were called sedan cabs and Ahrens Fox built some pretty wild looking ones
  5. WOW that paint color goes very well with this car. I agree that $27,000 is lofty. However this car cool!
  6. But I put the steering column clamp on today to see if the flange on the clamp could somehow attach to the strut. And I am suprised that it did. The strut had just enough of a slant to fit. Here are some pics of it. Now I can proceed with installing the dashboard.
  7. Are the 41 -42 air cleaners for small series and big series the same , distance between carbs ? Thanks Bill
  8. I am still not sure what the bottom of that strut screws in to. I can't see it in the pic. I thought it went into the flange on the steering column, but it's not in line. I'll have to ask my parts car guy.
  9. ITS BEEN SERVICES. WITH A NEW RADIATOR AND WATER PUMPS. TIRES ARE NEARLY NEW. BRAKES ARE GOOD. DRIVE IT HOME
  10. Very nice-looking car at a reasonable price. The only question I have is, has the car been re wired and if so, how long ago? GLWTS
  11. What is the year of this photograph? Al
  12. Yep, I was the one that worked on that tiny radiator that was called a postage stamp radiator. I guess I didn't do a great job. That's the first time I heard the word love and Ford Fiesta in the same sentence! Glad to hear that you got some use out of it. Putting some Pinto horse emblems on it, that's a scream! Now i don't feel so guilty about giving you that Fiesta. Here is what one looks like, but mine didn't look this good!
  13. I’m not advocating that the 120 is CCCA material, but it seems that it comes up to the committee every few years. Could the reason be that people are looking for an easier to drive mid thirties Packard for touring? Or do you think that the belief is that the cars would rise in price if accepted? What did you think of the quality of the transmission during the rebuild? Overall was it an easy job?
  14. Thank you for the reply. I did have the oil pan off previously and there was no evidence of mice in there.
  15. Not sure if Sandy can help, but I know he has gasket sets for 1928 Auburns and the headgasket you need. Worth contacting him at least. Here's his website and info; https://www.olsonsgaskets.com/products/?application=automotive&make=auburn&cylinder=6&model=85&page=1
  16. 120’s are excellent cars, well designed and engineered especially for the price point that they were targeting when new. Also don’t feel weird for liking closed cars. They are much more practical for the weather conditions we have where I live.
  17. It’s worth $29,000 on FB. Everything on FB is $29,000.
  18. Hey all, new member here! thought of sharing a website which basically has the lot histories of antique's sold in the major auctions, it has the feature of choosing specific makes/models and year so its helpful if you're trying to search a specific vehicle for cost research purposes for an example, it's just useful and thought to spread the love! VIN history , link is right there ! good luck and please do share other sites if they are useful!
  19. Today
  20. Hi, I have what I believe is a 25 inch rim, guy I got it from claimed it was a 24 inch but it doesn't fit my 24 inch wheels. Send me the dimensions & a couple photos of what you need & I'll see if it matches. Keith
  21. For Sale: 1951 Lincoln Lido 2dr Sedan, 54K miles - $24,950 - Wheat Ridge, CO 1951 Lincoln Lido for sale by owner - Wheat Ridge, CO - craigslist Seller's Description: Very rare 1951 Lincoln Lido 2 door Sedan. 54,159 original miles. Rebuilt 337 C.I. Flathead engine. OEM GM automatic transmission. Manual steering and drum brakes. Very nice original interior. This car was likely garaged its entire life based on its condition. Does need minor maintenance from being stored inside for last 15 years. Transmission leaks a bit but may reseal itself if driven more. Very nice original straight no rust body. Paint may be original. Presents well from 5 feet away. Some spider cracks on top surfaces due to age. Price is $24,950 obo. Cash sale only, no trades. Serious buyers only. Contact: (303) ninety-5-5-4-7-one Copy and paste in your email: 16a46c66a27834ed8ac0668cd84504b1@sale.craigslist.org I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1951 Lincoln Lido 2dr Sedan.
  22. for sale. ford B engine. riley head. oversize pistons. included not pictured is riley dual carb intake, several distributors mallory,wico. asking $6k. pickup Bangor PA 18013 between i-80 and i-78. i can load on your truck. message me if your interested.
  23. Looks like you need to pull the oil pan. I'd bet it sat somewhere and a mouse made a nest inside.
  1. Load more activity