All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Don't feel bad! Someone was able to fool a high-dollar auction company to accept a car that was possibly similar to your purchase. The buyer of it also received the shock of his life: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/forum/your-studebaker-forum/stove-huggers-the-non-studebaker-forum/62663-collector-car-auction-horror-story I am glad you are taking the time and starting over from the beginning and doing it correctly this time. Craig
  3. I did attempt to answer you yesterday. But I answered a lot of questions and when I got to yours the forum did not allow any more postings for the day. Your query about budgets needs a little tuning up. In the future refer to the tier system below. You'll sound like you know what you're talking about, even if you don't. There's a saying that I think fits the posting you're writing. It's better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought of as a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt. That said, I've been doing movie cars for better than ten years. I know my way around a set. I am frequently called on by movie crews to provide demographic consulting for vehicles they may want to use. I make sure that the car fits a multitude of criteria to the setting. For instance an '85 and '86 Chevy station wagon may look identical but if the scene is 1985 then the car cannot have a CHMSL or a color may not have been available from ''85 to '86. ".....since less than 10 percent of the population under fifty can drive a stick, and less than one percent under forty, who is going to drive the cars?" I'm curious to know what your source is for this information regarding stick shift capability. I didn't know that census takers asked that question. "It’s plainly clear the person asking has no clue as to what is and isn’t appropriate for making a movie relating to dates and correct vehicles that will historically be correct." Did we go to school together? We must have, otherwise how would you justify making that comment? My background and knowledge of cars is extensive. But note that I did not say I know EVERYTHING. If I don't know, I'll keep my mouth shut and set to work to obtain the knowledge. Then I can speak more intelligently regarding the topic. "As far as authentic WWI trucks, and military appropriate vehicles........they practically don’t exist , never mind in running condition. Trying to find them in Massachusetts is about impossible, having lived there for fifty years, I can only think of one appropriate vehicle that could be used in the “truck” category...." Again, look, listen and learn. There are several sources we're working with for these vehicles. I've so far sourced about 15 - 20 pieces of WW! military equipment in Massachusetts. And it all runs. "........the poster needs to explain in much better detail.........first question...........what is the budget for the film.......if it isn’t 30-50 million, then they are shooting it with cell phone camera and it’s a internet or straight to dvd type movie..........." If you want to talk budgets follow this link. https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/budgets/all Now to answer your more recent questions & comments. "Interesting my comment on movie budget did not receive an answer.............." Asked and answered above "Do you willingly give the keys to your car to people you don’t know?" No. I vet them prior to giving them keys. "Do you let people who have never driven an antique car the keys to take it for a spin?" No. I vet them and then educate them. The people who drives cars in almost any movie are professionals. That doesn't mean that they know every car and it's particulars. Many times we ask the owner to educate the driver about their car. "Is your car insured while on set?" Yes, The studios will issue a certificate of insurance against the vehicle. It's insured from the moment we take possession of it for declared value, no deductibles. "The entire post and the idea is a joke.........no answers........." This is my business and I assure you I do not take anything jokingly. Not even responses to a post like this. "Having you car in some unknown crappy movie for no compensation is worth the risk?" We pay the owner on every car we use. Typically we pay for the shoot days in advance. I noticed JRHaelig posted that you might be "penciled in for a maybe" for allowing us use of your car(s). We'll pass on that opportunity. Contract Value ULB: less than $1,850,000 Tier 1: $1,850,001 - $5,500,000 Million Tier 2: $5,500,001 - $9,350,000 Million Tier 3: $9,350,001 - $13,200,000 Million +
  4. Matt, Like the others I am glad you have started this again. I was learning a lot from the other posts you made and that continues with the new thread. Good luck and thanks Dave
  5. I am not sure when they started putting dates on the First Junior grille badges, but I am sure that Steve Moskowitz would know. If the museum that you bought the car from has information on who donated the car to them, likely the staff at AACA headquarters can do a search and might find the award information on that car. I know that you want the car to be "original" but the state of the hobby in the 1970's and 1980's would tell me that there is almost no chance that an unrestored Model T in pristine condition ended up in a museum in the 1980's with a First Junior badge on it. Based on a couple of decades in the hobby and a lot of reading on the hobby, I would say that there is probably better than a 99% chance that this Model T is an old restoration, not an original car. In the 1970's and 1980's "original" cars were not typically something that attracted much interest, people like to restore cars and it was much cheaper to restore cars then than it is now. Now, originality is of much more interest. To put it in context, when people bought Model T Fords when they were new, they did not keep them in pristine condition. They were used and abused. They were not collector items, they were practical transportation for the working class. When I first became an antique car hobbyist, my first car was a Model A Ford. I bought it thinking it was an original unrestored car. After I learned a bit more about it, I found it was clearly an older restoration. Where are you located? Perhaps we can find an experienced HPOF judge who can meet with you and go over the car and help you determine if the car has been restored or not. A set of experienced eyes can help you understand exactly what you have.
  6. Cannot be 100 percent from the pictures, but if I were to hazard a guess; I would start by looking at the Ford industrial 4 from the 1930's used in some agricultural applications. Memory isn't always the best, but think there were some thrashers that used this engine. Jon.
  7. I did not see your post about the interior. The post that was in the General Forum was extensivelly about major modifications. The previous "Rants and Raves" was NOT for use to discuss any car related topic. It was for non car related "rants and raves" and it has been gone for about 2 decades because it was an early bad idea and easily got out of control on the forum. You are not suggesting restoring the original forum. Sorry for being blunt but, there are thousands of active members on the forum. You are really not the center of the forum universe and continuing to think that you are will likely result in your banning in the near future. If you want to stay here, I would suggest you restrict your posting to the correct forum. i.e., British Cars Forum for your Rolls Royce and be careful what you post in the AACA General Forum. Continuing to make an effort to draw attention to your "restomod" identity in the General Forum is not a good idea. If you want to stay here, you should edit your profile to give you a different "display name". If you don't, I still suggest that the moderating staff should do that for you. Continuing to try to be a square peg in a round hole never goes well on any forum.
  8. Wow! The internet doth usually provide—you just have to know it exists. Amazing.
  9. It could also be Sunflower Yellow, a 1971 Corvette color, which would have been more readily supplied by GM's paint vendors in North America. Opel paint and colors were sourced in Germany. As others have stated, the data plate will reveal what the original color was, or a if it was a non-stock color. Craig
  10. I am wondering if there might be another "guided tour" of the Kalamazoo area by a local member like the one provided during the Gettysburg meet? We really enjoyed the G-burg tour despite the brutal evening heat.
  11. That would be the right spot for louvers....it looks like a louver to me....would expect to see one on the driver's side also....front grille is correct for a '71.
  12. I have seen that done with a 1965 Vanden Plas Princess 4-Liter R, with some justification. The 'R' at the end of the long title does stand for the Rolls Royce 6-cylinder 4-liter Scout engine that was under the hood of them, but that Rolls Royce grille grafted onto the front of it did absolutely nothing for the looks. Craig
  13. 1965 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport 327 Beautiful Example. Original 327 Matching Numbers. Beautiful Color Combo. Interior is like Brand New. Beautiful Paint & Body! Excellent Black Vinyl Top. Engine Compartment Very Nice. Trunk shows original Spare & Jack. $30,000.00 Firm! & No Trades. Location - INDIANA
  14. I have a 1947 Plymouth 4-door sedan It was a show winner back in the day (I have the plaques). It has had one repaint in the original color (black) but the rest of the car is original. It has NO rust,rot or dents. There are a few pics of the frame, etc... It has 59,000 original miles. The engine turns over easily by hand. The original interior is in excellent condition - no rips or tears The car sat in a barn for many years - the pics show it as it is - I have only rinsed off the dust from it. Price is $5000.00 Car is located in NE Penna. I have the car stored in a CAR BUBBLE right now at a friends house. Joe Contact info: email at: coozie44@yahoo.com call cell: 570 460 1669 - leave message if I do not answer
  15. Today
  16. These are the rest of the pics I have
  17. I have a 1947 Plymouth 4-door sedan It was a show winner back in the day (I have the plaques). It has had one repaint in the original color (black) but the rest of the car is original. It has NO rust,rot or dents. There are a few pics of the frame, etc... It has 59,000 original miles. The engine turns over easily by hand. The original interior is in excellent condition - no rips or tears The car sat in a barn for many years - the pics show it as it is - I have only rinsed off the dust from it. I can send a few additional pics if interested. Price is $5000.00 Car is located in NE Penna. I have the car stored in a CAR BUBBLE right now at a friends house. Joe Contact info: email at: coozie44@yahoo.com call cell: 570 460 1669 - leave message if I do not answer
  18. Compare this to a coach-style diesel-pusher motorhome today. One purchases the bare shell from MCI, or Prevost, etc, for a figure like $650,000 (or more, if one wants slide-outs), and then the buyer can go well into the millions to have the interior done 'his way'. If you can afford it, have fun! If not, dream on! https://www.marathoncoach.com/custom-luxury-rv/ Craig
  19. Mike, Thank you for pointing myself to that site. Now I know of a resource. Thank you again, Tom T.
  20. Maybe they tightened it so much because they didn't have the nice copper gaskets that you have. Use them.
  21. I support Peter G and would likely ban Resto because of his attitude more than his interest in modified cars. We work on modified cars as well. We just don't talk about them on this forum.
  22. Bear in mind $8,500 is chassis price Mercer! 🤔😁 Like I said Steve- still a million dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most Duesey owners had 20k tied up in the car when bodied.
  1. Load more activity