All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Steve, the fuel tanks are under the cab on the outside of the frame.
  3. with pricing i've seen on forward look mopars, this seems decent.
  4. I think this did happen with some regularity. I remember Martin Swig had a '32 Chrysler Indy car that had made it's way to South America and back.
  5. 2 seater is the engine expert but a bad cam sensor with put the car in a drivable mode but the timing will be off. It is usually the magnet has fallen out of the holder. you can expect poor performance and bad gas mileage if the cam sensor is the problem.
  6. Model A sedan, Another one, '48 Chevrolet, '57 Ford 2 dr, '66 Mustang coupe, '71 Capri, '72 Capri, 65 Mustang fastback, '65 mustang coupe, '51 Chevy truck, '55 Chevy 2dr hardtop & 2dr, '59 MGA, 57 Chevy 2d, 69 Dodge Super Bee, Dang! this is tiring me out, I'm only up to the mid '70s. I might continue later.
  7. @VintageRacingCar Fred: There were rumors that one of the Studebaker Indy cars was sold to someone in Argentina about 1935. The Studebaker car #46, now in Switzerland, was re-constructed (maybe) in Indiana in the late 1970s or early 1980s, supposedly using a chassis and other pieces that had been shipped from Argentina to Germany and then to Indianapolis. The parts of the old car were imported to Germany by Manfred Eiberweiser, a Mercedes dealer in Deggendorf. Are there any racing records or photos that would prove that one of the 1932 Studebaker factory cars ever raced in Argentina? I posted the Reklus link just to show that some of the cars from Argentina are not really original. Neither are the PurSang Bugattis, but the PurSang cars are very good, as you say.
  8. I am not home where I can access my reference material.... from memory it is a 1949 because the front fender side trim just says Ambassador. Later years would have Special or Custom after the series name. As noted above, the Statesman had a flat head engine and the Ambassador had a OHV. As 58L-Y8 stated, the rear seat that looks like two overstuffed chairs was an option on 2 dr Ambassadors... he said it was the Brougham option but I seem to remember it as the County Club option, but the option name could have changed with different years. I think it is worth saving.
  9. Just seen this on Steeles website. I might have to be careful and measure where to stop removing the old strip and stop at the rear window. This Hardtop Roof Rail Weatherstrip pair fits on the roof of the vehicle and seals the front side window when the window is fully raised. This part stops at the quarter window, and is only over the front door glass. Part replaces the windshield pillar seal and the front top rail sections only. It connects to hard rubber rear quarter window seal covered by headliner.
  10. I like these 4 door sedans the older I get, must be something in the water... Looking for some comps I found a nice 2 door that sold for $8k a few years ago. I can't imagine the market has changed much in 2 years for a car that wasn't super hot then. I think this car is a nice example of a vintage car in great shape NOT being worth lots of $$$. I'd go 6-7k myself and cruise the rubber off it.
  11. Mat, so the gas tank filler caps are located in the front fenders, so the tanks are located under the bed ? Steve
  12. Thanks Bill for your opinion on OPGI. It's funny what you say about back orders, I called yesterday and a few parts I asked for were on back order. As for Rubber the Right Way, A few items are the exact same price as Steele. I wonder if some of the parts they sell are from Steele. Also you are right Ed, I looked at the roof rail last night. It looks like it is one piece from front to back I'm going to call Rubber the Right Way today and confirm what they are selling is "one" piece.
  13. I'd like to add here that I thought the knobs looked very similar to the 57 Chevy, but are much heavier, these are a cast piece, not stamped out like the Chevy stuff.
  14. So is there any way you can get the guy that gave it to you to take it back? I'd try to make that non-running rustbucket his problem, not yours.
  15. The car has no interior. The seats are destroyed, the door cards are missing. The headliner is removed. He probably switched to 12 volts because he couldn’t get the wiring right. To me it sounds like a lot of money for a shell of a vehicle. The interior is close to $10k to restore. To rechrome the small pieces will cost thousands. It’s missing the passenger fresh air intake in the engine bay.
  16. When I cleaned it up I completely disassembled it and inspected it for any kind of numbers or markings that would indicate who made it. Unfortunately, there is absolutely nothing on it that would so indicate. I'm wondering if it might be from a Packard, Kaiser Fraser, Nash (kinda doubt this one), or another lost Marque from days gone by. It's got me pulling out my hair. Is it a Chrysler/ Plymouth/ Dodge piece? I'm fairly certain it's not Ford, they clearly mark their stuff. And once again my post gets longer and longer blanked area below my text.
  17. Bring out your Brush! Puttering Around Princeton Tour (NJ) August 25-29,2024 One cylinder tour, sponsored by the Tri-State Region H.C.C.A. and the CDO Club. Hotel on 370 acre conference campus - $159 rate including breakfast. Short tour days on back roads. Week activities include welcome barbeque dinner and several lunches. Visits include: - NJ Grounds for Sculpture - Large model train layout - State police museum, featuring a display of all the evidence from the Lindberg trial - Lavender and alpaca farm - Nationally famous Steve Bobinsky antique auto restoration facility Contact: Louise & Bob Nunnink / 973-839-6057 / nunninkl@gmail.com
  1. Load more activity