All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. We finally found the exact material and someone who will make the retainer clips. Does anyone need any of these clips ? They can get in on the order.
  3. I agree, but isn't it nice to be able to decide for oneself not to attend a particular event rather than not to have the event at all? As to all the folks who choose to attend, I wish them well. Cheers, Grog
  4. An interesting mix. Highly optioned with power vents, cruise, rear defogger, and rear fold away arm rest but base wheel covers. I surely hope the 1950 wide whites are not some older bias ply tires. I guess the two tone paint goes with the two tone seats.
  5. Hi everyone - I am still shaking down my roadster by driving it a few miles at a time and then making repairs and adjustments.... When I pulled into my shop after my last 1 mile excursion I noticed that one of the headlight bezels was loose and it and the glass lense almost fell off the headlight. Thank goodness I caught the problem in just in time. Inspecting the other headlight I found it was also loose. However I cant figure out the best way to get the bezel tight on the headlight. I have attached a few photos that show the assembly. Any ideas? Thanks Ken
  6. Those lighter elements have a built in fuse/resistor in them. Not suitable for an adapter for a cell phone charger etc. If that's your intent, it's better to install an after market element now.
  7. I think the part number BU10006 is what I was referring to as something a "qualified machine shop" could do to an OE 64-66 flexplate - enlarge the center hole to fit over the larger crank flange of the 59-63 401s (Dynaflow) crank. The starter ring on a Dynaflow is welded to the torque converter. You only need one or the other - the hub which you have or the custom flexplate. The flexplate eliminates the machine work of doing an r&r on the hub. Maybe more expensive but a lot easier. Have you thought about how you're going to hook up the kick down/ variable pitch? The Dynaflow kick down is activated via mechanical rod; the ST400 has two electrical wires that run to it - one for the kick down and one for the switch (variable) pitch. On the 63 - 66 Rivieras, with which I'm familiar, each of the years has a different carburetor with unique linkage that connects to the transmission (63) or the kick down switch (64 - 66.) The transmissions are different lengths which will require shortening your drive shaft and relocating the transmission crossmember. You'll need different shift linkage which may necessitate a different steering column and neutral safety switch.
  8. I'm new here and was needing all the information I could get on this body tag Id# FCQ-3 1075 from a recent "BARN FIND" I made and purchased. Any information is greatly appreciated.
  9. This one turned up on Craigslist recently:
  10. I got all the interior trim pieces primed last night so this morning I gave them a sand with some 600 grit. I decided today to take a little break from the business today to shoot some paint and clear on them. They look good so the next step on them is to order some window rattler strips and get them installed. Then I can set those aside for later. Next I will start to work the other quarter panel. The temps have been over 100 with no end in sight so it makes it hard to go out there and do more hard labor. Not fun.
  11. That's "if the sale is an auction" (and they give 2.5% discount for cash). Does this qualify as an auction? Whatever, that's B-J level premium.
  12. 1959 Edsel Ranger - $7000 - Lancaster, OH https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/lancaster-1959-ford-edsel-ranger/7172431914.html I have a 1959 Ford Edsel for sale. The car has had the engine replaced and a 3 speed floor shift transmission installed. The car has been in storage for several years and I installed a new battery and drove it out. The brakes are weak which I suspect is from sitting. The car is a four door Ranger model with approximately 72,000 miles shown on the speedometer. If interested or have additional questions, Contact: call or text (740)-5-zero-3-8-zero-1-3. Copy and paste in your email: fad84af332f43361911569c0c478aa80@sale.craigslist.org I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1959 Edsel Ranger sedan. Note: Green was Edsel's signage and emblem identity color. If someone recognizes which Ford engine this car now has, please note it.
  13. From what I heard, they don't publicize that fact.
  14. Thought at first it had some kind of accessory hood trim on the passenger side... ...but it's just missing some clips.
  15. I finished cutting the reliefs... Then shortened the bolt heads about 1/8" and beveled the front edges. Leaving them ready to thread. I fitted a cap to the first one. By using a dial indicator to measure the depth of cut, I could go on and do the others without having to stop and measure each time. I had to take a long phone call so didn't' quite finish... As I finish each one, I take a cap at random out of the box to make sure it screws on. So far, they all have.
  16. Car #182, the '27 Graham-Paige, is listed as belonging to Harry Furst, of Middletown, Pa. Harry died in 2013. He owned a number of antiques and classics over the years, many of them Packards, but his obituary reported that his most prized automobile was a 1929 Graham-Paige 827 Victoria Coupe -- which he owned until the time of his death, I believe. The Parade of Progress printed program may have been correct, and the '27 that they listed was one of Harry's earlier acquisitions. But the "1927" might have been a typo, in which case the '29 was quite likely in the show, and is most certainly still "alive". Harry once told me that he purchased the car from the owner of a repair garage or service station, in amazingly original condition. The garage owner was threatening to turn the car into a tow truck (which was common practice in the '50's). But Harry pestered and pestered the guy, and he finally relented and sold Harry the car. One thing that impressed me about the '29 Graham was that it has "factory" automatic backup lights.
  17. I have a couple secondary jets for a SV-33 Penberthy carb made out of brass if anyone is interested. Contact me for price.
  18. So, I'm confused. I purchased Russ Martin's Hub Adapter and the Flexplate (pictured) a while back. I now see there are 2 versions of this flexplate. Do I need both, the hub adapter and Flexplate for my 1963 Dynaflow swap to 1965 ST400? Or, just Russ's flexplate with the large hole? John B.
  19. On pan removal, of course the '41 may differ from the '49, but here's a thread that discusses what I had to do to get the pan off my '41:
  20. Today
  21. This also serves as a reminder that “ownership” should be replaced with “custodian” when it comes to our possessions. Personally I try to be a good custodian when it comes to historical items in my possession currently. Other stuff....I may just be a user. I’m not sure what new items I own today will be sought after in later years as a desirable antique. Scott
  22. As a motorcyclist as opposed to a “biker” which is as different as streetrod is to antique, I tried the Thunder in the Valley Jonhnstown PA and the West Virginia gathering at Snowshoe Mountain and quickly found out the biker stuff was not for me. Had friends with BMW motorcycles and found their gatherings to be more to my liking. I was accepted by all while riding a Suzuki cycle and these folks wanted to actually ride and see things as opposed to hanging out in bars. They would hold tech seminars on bike repairing and programs on how to ride in foreign countries. One fella showed up with a 750cc three cyl BMW with over 250,000 miles on it! Great times that I miss a lot.
  23. Thanks Turb, My battery is disconnected while it's in it's forever project state. Also, thanks to above, I had several broken cigarette lighters and managed to combine into 1 good assembly. Only, I noticed that I used a retainer without the 2-slots. I will switch to one with slots. However, my harnesses only have a wire, using a glovebox or ignition switch light is not the same. Instead of doing what Daryl did, might be an excuse to stick a 3M LED Strip on the inside of the ashtray door with that loose wire. My car is a resto-mod anyway. John B.
  24. 1956 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special - Runs needs restoration complete - $4800 - Flushing, MI - Not Mine https://flint.craigslist.org/ctd/d/flushing-1956-cadillac-fleetwood-runs/7168949347.html Surprisingly clean 1956 Cadillac Fleetwood four-door runs and lot drives ... Very cool options power windows rear AC unit ... Appears to be complete some rust in trunk floor ... Serious buyers only ... Cash buyers only ... No emails or texts phone calls only from serious buyers I know all the scams Contact: (810) 2-4-one-0-3-zero-3 Copy and paste in your email: no email link I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1956 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special. Note: The original owner card is still with the car, last photo: Mrs. Zella Cox Love, 14 2nd Street, Broadmore, Colorado Spring, Colorado. This Cadillac was sold new by the Adams Motor Company in Colorado Springs on January 20, 1956.
  25. That''s correct, dogs are a short term joy. Her sister died on that trip in Bowling Green, Both miniature schnauzers. Smart little dogs that last about 15 years if you are lucky. I left the NSRA when they went to newer cars. To me a old car with a newer driveline is still a old car, it does not become a Tesla just because it's modified. I wish NSRA did that show in cooler weather, like Hershey. I went many times to their shows in Tampa FL in February, didn't need my A/C there. Won "Best Odd Rod" with the Buick.
  26. Point is that this plague seems to have many asymptomatic carriers and any large group is bound to have some. I have seen no evidence that it is affected by carbon monoxide but am of an age and have had bronchitis and pneumonia several times so only leave my house about once a week (Chewy, Amazon, and Woot are doing well). Do not plan to change until an effective vaccine is available (but am fortunate not to need to). ps have also had MERV 13 filters in my AC for years.
  1. Load more activity