All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Did the Super have a power seat as standard equipment in a convertible? I can't tell you where the cylinder attaches but I was under the impression that there was a cylinder to move the seat forward and a spring to pull the seat backwards against the cylinder. And I thought the seat tracks didn't have the lock mechanism activated by the lever.
  3. Are you looking to buy, or looking for information, or parts? There is very knowledgeable Falcon guy in North Wales. Many of us know oem parts, Jerry knows what oem parts you need when you start making changes--like putting a C4 in place of the original Ford-O-Matic 2 speed. Jerry Kratz KPAuto@aol.com
  4. I bet that back seat was a wild ride on corners. Like the old whip ride in a carnival. Talk about the need for seat belts, forget their uses for collisions!!!
  5. I had the pot end for the generator made still have one or two left .
  6. Here’s picture of 66 Skylark GS order form, also referred to as Chrome plated wheel (V2).
  7. The correct coating for wood spokes is mud and horse poop.
  8. True but does selling as a roller mean as is or without drivetrain? I agree that makes a difference. I have seen some crazy prices on 32 - 34 coupe shells at least this one looks solid at first blush.
  9. When my wife's grandfather was born they thought he was going to die, so they wrote "Boy" on the birth certificate. But he didn't die and his legal name was Boy. So they named him Boyce.
  10. Today
  11. Ted, few of us here gathered drive like kids. That's not the point. What Rocketraider above describes is a speed trap on steroids, more about a greedy cabal using safety, in this case, as excuse for profiteering. Even with 80+ year-old cars capable of an honest 100 mph, cruising with no mechanical trauma at 65-70+, many of like to burble backroads at 40-45 and tire of breeders impatient to get to Starbucks or the mall in their disposable transportation modules crowd, tailgate us. Like to drive my stick regular car in relaxed fashion, too, these days. So "don't speed" is first nature. But sometimes clipping along in light traffic or off hours only to be ticket fodder is a real drag.
  12. I have 2 1949 Buick super convertibles. They came to me unassembled. One for parts and one to finish. I am trying to assemble the front Bench seat at this time. The seat adjusts via the hydraulic cylinder mounted underneath. A few questions: 1. Where and how does the hydraulic cylinder mount to the seat? Is there a cross beam of some sort? 2. Where is the power switch located for the seat? It looks similar to the window switches. 3. Is the lever on the left side of the seat still needed if I use the Hydraulics? If hooked up the lever releases the seat to adjust manually. It seems redundant to have the manual lever and a hydraulic switch to do the same thing. Any help or pictures would be appreciated. Thank you
  13. I found the oil can on eBay and the wings were generously given to me by someone on here, I just forget who. That’s pretty bad of me isn’t it. I thought that was a great place for them to go.
  14. Nice car, ugly wheels. He did post a price, although somewhat wishful. Just saw a ‘64 427 car for sale on FB for about $10,000 more than this. Wonder if this one was bought right at Mecum and now is being flipped.
  15. Don’t dispute that. You mention if the seller can document the build. Without the engine and trans, what build? Maybe I’m wrong and maybe it will sell for his asking. And maybe/probably there are too many buyers with more money than brains and too many sellers cashing in on the stupidity.
  16. 1972 Buick Riviera Rare Turbine wheel covers On Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/296379108588?
  17. Not 100% certain, but if you can remove a door lock cylinder, a competent locksmith should be able to cut a key for it. Gather the same key also locks the glovebox, however the glovebox lock cylinder may not be as complex as the door one to cut from. If the car is drivable, you can then check the results while you wait. Correct GM key blanks can be found on the internet if your local locksmith does not carry them Good luck and some photos if you have. We all love photos Cheers Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀
  18. For 1938 Buick series 60 and the following decals: https://bobsautomobilia.com/shop/literature-decals/1937-47-oil-filter-decal-of-25/ https://bobsautomobilia.com/shop/literature-decals/1936-46-oil-bath-air-filter-decal-af-4/ I want to ensure I place them at the 100% correct/original placement. Does anybody know about where to find pictures showing the exact correct placement?
  19. I asked a question in techical about this flange on the cowl. I didn't know what it was for. No one else knew either. But my part car buddy, who has a 47 DeSoto took a pic under his dash. It turns out that a strut bolts on there and helps support the steering column by securing it to the cowl. Good to know, so I'm putting this obscure info here to possibly help other restorers with the same question.
  1. Load more activity