All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. This is all I ever needed for Chrysler products, even with OBD-2 adaptor and selective 'keys' for varied FWD engined cars.
  3. Excellent! I think that is the best solution possible and I agree that "value" has a much broader meaning than dollars. My own restoration project will ultimately cost more just in materials & tools than the finished car will be worth and that doesn't include a penny for the countless hours I've spent and will spend on it. But, I never intended to make money with it. It's the challenge that counts with me and the ongoing mental and physical activity that let me feel 30 years younger than I really am.
  4. Personally, I don’t see how you can go wrong with Rock Auto. They clearly give you options and state the supplier of each up front. If you want OEM (Motorcraft, Delco, etc.), you have the option to buy that one. If you want something less costly; e.g. Cardone, Dorman, you can buy that one. I get it that some folks have personal beefs with them, but to answer the OP’s question, there is no question about trust in quality. You get what you order and they are fully transparent. I use them monthly, if not weekly.
  5. Sign me up ! I've been searching for a solution for my grill for a few years now...
  6. Nice ride. Not sure about the front seats - they look a little plush to be original on a utility vehicle.
  7. Any advice on the disassembly/ cleaning/ reassembly and testing of the generator? This is my weakest area of experience - thus saved it till the last.
  8. I Taut I Taw a Puddy-Tat... I must of confuse the Chevy with a Buick or the Buick drove away! that's why I'm doing a cataract surgery next month.
  9. This looks like a really nice car at a premium price. I guess the Cougar version of the 428 cj didn’t offer the “shaker” hood scoop as did the Mustang. If you like Ivy Green here is your car! Lew Bachman 1957 Thunderbird
  10. Tonight I assembled the fan/hub assembly- made new gaskets as well. I’ll need to source better hardware. The only stainless hardware I found was not slotted like the original. I’d really prefer to use a new fan hub with bearings when the engine goes back in the car. Gave the generator an initial cleaning as well- this thing is very grungy. The shaft spins freely. This is the last part I have to go through until I get the head back from the machine shop so we’ll dive into the chassis after this get wrapped up and mounted.
  11. Looking for a headlight bezel from a 1933 Chrysler Imperial or whatever you have. Thanks!
  12. Looking for a headlight bezel from a 1933 Chrysler Imperial or whatever you have. Thanks!
  13. Looking for a headlight bezel from a 1933 Chrysler Imperial or whatever you have. Thanks!
  14. Looking for a headlight bezel from a 1933 Chrysler Imperial or whatever you have. Thanks!
  15. Looking for a headlight bezel from a 1933 Chrysler Imperial or whatever you have. Thanks!
  16. Still looking, have not heard of anything yet. I would think there is some wrecked out studebakers some where/
  17. Looking for a headlight bezel from a 1933 Chrysler Imperial or whatever you have. Thanks!
  18. A new Peerless has come out of the woodwork for sale: A 1930 Model "B" or "Master Eight" Sedan. Listed on Hemmings at low 5-figures.
  19. Today
  20. Ancient and Modern: These two photographs hang on my "study" wall, one shows the first Rapier that I owned, it was bought as a basket case the had been left out in the open for children to play in. I.E.Vandalise, At the stage that you see it at in the photograph it is virtually finished and ready to "register" so that it could be legally driven on the road. The only thing was that I had to sell it before it went any further, it is seen in the photo parked under the "carport" of a "Flat" in Blackburn where we were living having sold one house and waiting for a new one to be finished so that we could "move in". The only thing was that it too had to be sold. The "new owner of this Rapier had it repainted dark green". The other photograph is of Helen with our present Rapier, This car we have owned longer than any other car. It was bought as a"project", the ex-Beatrice Shilling racing car, it was rebuilt as you see it here, an Eagle two seater. Somehow I cannot see it ever being sold, to is such a good car. The whole wall is covered with photos of most (some) of the cars I have owned including three other Rapiers. Bj.
  21. I was too along with a colleague though not car related. We were in full agreement that if what they wanted was idiotic drama, yelling, swearing and childish behavior, they had come to the wrong place.
  22. A lot of money but a really nice example! Much more text and pictures in ad... https://monterey.craigslist.org/cto/d/monterey-1950-chevrolet-sedan-delivery/7731671715.html All the sheet metal is original from top to bottom. Pop the hood and check out the straight six set in its original compartment. The electrical system has been upgraded to 12 volts, but that's the extent of the modernization. The original air cleaner, newer spark plugs and wire set were on the car as well as a new fuel pump. Gray paint and the Blue Flame decal are as the motor was from factory, matte black paint throughout the compartment. Full frame off restoration was in about 2005. This Sedan Delivery was in Old Cars Vol. 45 No. 4 February 11, 2016. I have posted a lot of pictures just taken today (in a light drizzle) and will be posting more, including some from the former owner at car shows etc. I am happy to take any more pictures you request. Email: c3c19eaa23ab3c4fbeba3efec88265b6@sale.craigslist.org
  23. an obvious thought here, maybe put in a totally separate latch, with its own cable or rod. Hood opening on the road is never a good thing.
  24. The earliest Kelsey in my database is 1920. i am fairly confident the pictured carburetor is a Holley model H. There is a good download on the New Way website. Jon
  25. Hmm yeah having a look through the manual I cannot see any seal just the slinger and drain hole. I know my 65 doesn’t operate with a seal and works fine.
  1. Load more activity