All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Well not quite: what it says is. "You agree not to display, "frame," make derivative works, distribute, license, or sell, content from CL, excluding postings you create." (emphasis mine). " You grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, unlimited, worldwide, fully paid/sublicensable license to use, copy, display, distribute, and make derivative works from content you post." They limit it to "worldwide" ?
  3. John, perhaps a little test. Assuming a spare is nestled in the trunk. Try changing out with another tire, test, repeat. May eliminate tires. Or confirm. Ben
  4. 500k Cab A built with 540k engine.
  5. I have an estate item. 1960 Cadillac conv. no rust , no dents. rebuilt engine. No floor patches. Needs paint. $40K
  6. @EmTee No, we did not pull the drive shaft out to inspect it. It could still be the source. @Smartin I don't think it is resonance. But I have experienced that before and know what you mean. This is a vibration. To go a little more into details, this car has two Toyo tires on it that are dated in 2007. The previous owner put matching new ones on it in late 2013, just before I bought it. When I switched to the chromed rally wheels, the two new ones took more weight than the two older ones and we put the older ones on the front. Since 2014 Toyo no longer makes that model tire. They have brought out a new model, which, in some online reviews, seemed to be susceptible to broken belts in the 2014-2015 years. There have been no complaints about that in reviews since then, and it was a different model tire, but the dates sort of coincide which makes me think it may be the problem with my car. The drive shaft rotates freely with no stutter or play in any of the 3 universals while it is mounted in the car. And that is with the wheels at max extension on a two post lift. So, while it still could be a universal, I am not yet ready to go that route when I may be facing the possibility of 4 new tires. A little more investigation is in order but, I know I had a bad shock in the back. I know the front shocks are good. And I know this was the problem with that '78 Wagon. So I'll test drive today and see if this was the correction. In addition to all this, I am keeping in mind that this could be a front end geometry issue. The car did not do this when we brought it home from Oregon. And I did not really notice this till last summer. But it may have started when I put those heavy duty coil springs in the back and the car now sits lower in the front. New front springs and an alignment are on the "to do" list. But I wasted all my funds on that steering wheel, and now it looks like I have found some eye candy for the GS that I really want.
  7. I do have a 1960 Cadillac and a 1959 Oldsmobile conv's
  8. I'll soon be selling two conv. s One is a 1959 Oldsmobile 88 . It's been in a garage for 40 yrs. It needs restored. The floor is good. Glass is good. Motor sound strong. Body is pretty straight except for dent in left front fender. Second car is 1960 Cadillac conv. No rust no dents rebuilt motor , nice interior. rechromed bumpers. It does need paint. $40K
  9. Additional information that may be useful to someone else.... The difference between the two regulators is due to the manufacturers. In 1940 Ternstedt Manufacturing which was a subsidiary of Fisher Body made the original regulator. General Motors several years later bought out Ternstedt and folded this into GM. The chart that I added below shows the regulator as GM 40 and cross references it to the original part number. I believe that is why the NOS part looks a little different, but all of the relevant measurements are identical to the original.
  10. Looking for some way to secure winglet mirrors to the windshield brackets. Brackets were sent out to be chromed by my restoration company and they were returned to me with no rubber material left on to secure the mirrors. Also some appear to be uneven halves to attach them. Thanks
  11. Thanks for showing us these rarities. If its not too much trouble, would you give us a detailed look at each car, please? I've never seen any of these Case cars in all the years of shows and museums.
  12. I don't think the fact that the jug is plastic has anything to do with it but the jugs that they sell the racing fuel in appear to be much more air tight although I guess the have to have some ventilation . I might be totaly wrong, they just appear to be much better than these a much better jug
  13. Actually it's not crazy at all. When Chrysler started making the "new" mini van here in Windsor , Ontario, Canada I was lucky enough to get the contract to clean the wire reinforced glass walls of the new automated spray paint booths on the body line. I was given a list of acceptable cleaning agents (which I have forgotten now) and all went well. However, once under production the paint finishes were experiencing fish eye effects. Seems it was indeed the under arm spray deodorants and aftershave liquids mixing in the air causing the problems. I guess our Government banning of those aerosol sprays is doing us a favour once one thinks about it...
  14. I'll soon be selling a 1959 Oldsmobile 88 conv. It's been in a garage for 40 yrs. Needs restored. Floors are nice. Body is straight except of on dent in left front fender. Engine sounds good.
  15. I do a lot of work on white roofing. Does this salt reflect the sun pretty bad back at you ?
  16. Well Harold , it seems that you will be the first to brake one or many of there rules. let us know of the fine, excuse me, the service charge. 😉 Actually, according to my reading, it seems to be to protect the reader and seller from spammers. But also prevents anyone from re posting there sales offers in different web sites. I have seen many re posts in specialty web forums that actually help buyers looking for specific cars.
  17. While my 84 Fiero didn't actually break in half, it was in two pieces during reconstruction of my toy.
  18. I'll soon the selling a 1959 Oldsmobile 88 conv. It needs restored. It's been in garage for 40 yrs. Floors are good, body pretty straight except for one small dent in left front fender. Engine sounds strong. Top is shot , bows are intact.
  19. I have a front end shimmy at about 40 mph. Several years prior I could do 50 mph with no shimmy. I planned on checking my front end alignment but got sent to the hospital for a couple months. I've tried crystals in my tubes with no luck . Seems like I can't get into the tube no matter what I try. Wonder if I could use a liquid tire sealer and balancer I used on my motorcycle wheels? I tried removing the valve core and using air with a piece of wire moving the wheel around but nothing worked. Looking for another option. Thanks
  20. Ken, I understand they belong to the regulator but I was wondering if the grommets go after the triangle plate against the cowl or before it.
  21. Looking for the Bob Gerometta's Oldsmobile Engine Modification and Tuning Guide - V8 Engines fm 1964 - 1978 . Anybody got a spare? Tried Amazon and eBay, no luck yet . Have contacted Bob but no reply yet
  22. Maybe one of our US Buick brethren could order one for you and make arrangements to have it shipped to you? I'd offer but being in Canada has it's issues with the exchange rate on the money and shipping is twice what it is in the US. At least parts are still available for your car.
  23. I agree the front axle is reversed. This would be terrible for caster. After you fix that or at least have an alignment shop confirm it, why not a tow dolly? I have a tow dolly and a pair of spare rear hubs with the axle shafts removed. I put the Buick on the dolly, pull the hub and shaft assemblies, swap in just the spare hubs and away I go free wheeling in the rear. 45 MPH but with cruise and a/c for the Wife and pups and with a lighter duty tow vehicle. And a way to get the Buick home should it have an issue. Did this for years for the same reasons as you and also not having space for storing a trailer. Recently purchased a 2500 GMC Suburban with a 454. Now in the market for an enclosed trailer since I have retired.
  1. Load more activity