All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. You always think that you will get back to the project before you forget where things went after taking them apart. I am glad I have two 1931 DB coupes so I can compare the assembled one to the disassembled one for reference. I did take LOADS of photos when I took the car apart, but I moved into a place in San Diego that had a water heater in the garage. I didn't notice it was ceiling mounted, so I just put my boxes of stuff in the corner. The water heater blew out one day and soaked all of my photographs and other stuff, so I lost the photos. I can still remember MOST of how the other car goes back together, but I am losing more of that every day, I'm sure.
  3. That’s all my pictures, hope you enjoyed them where ever you are around the world. Very nice show, a lot of work by a lot of people to pull it off. I would recommend putting it on your list of shows to attend. Here are a few cars that I could have been talked into driving home.
  4. Some time ago I bought a pretty beat up 61 Lincoln promo. I just completed the restoration which is not perfect but a real improvement. I probably should have taken a couple before photos.I am still looking for a hood ornament. You would be excused for thinking I have a thing for blue Lincolns but I was just building models of cars I either liked or owned.
  5. For sale on Facebook: 1950 Frazer Manhattan 4-door Sedan in Pahrump, NV - $12,500 - Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/414855301057553/-1950-Frazer-Manhattan-Sedan Seller's Description: 1950 Frazer Manhattan 4-door Sedan 2 owners Driven 50,000 miles Manual transmission Exterior color: Beige · Interior color: Beige Clean title This vehicle has no significant damage or problems 1950 Frazer Manhattan, Manual transmission, 3.7L 6, 4 Doors, Nice and Beautiful, Excellent condition. Runs Great. No issues. Located in Pahrump.
  6. BTW; it appears that there is a decent (i.e., has a hollow float) sender available for '61-64 Buicks on Ebay. Anybody know if this would fit a '60 gas tank? Asking for an adversary (ha ha!)
  7. https://www.ebay.com/itm/226100814291 Very controversial car --- "1 of none" Click the link for pages and pages of "information". Too much to copy. Also tons of pictures in the ad.
  8. Funny; they are accurate enough to have secret police stations in NYC. However, most all Buicks are here in the USA.So there's that.....
  9. There was a lot of cross-pollination between Dort and Gardner, for some reason. Same Lycoming K engines, same ignition systems, and apparently the same rear end. I'm going to try a few other shops. If that doesn't pan out, I may be forced to model it up in CAD and having it 3D printed in steel with the SLM method. Apparently sintered differential gears are a thing, so I suppose this could work, assuming it's hardened properly.
  10. Mr. Drysdale -I thought you drove nothing but Chrysler products!😉 I owned a '67 Continental coupe in metallic turquoise. It was gorgeous.
  11. No longer having my own shop, losing my ability to crawl under a car and work, and not enough money to farm out a restoration keeps me searching for a middle of the road driver class car. Yep, they are really hard to find. Basket case or over priced resto is the majority of for sale cars.
  12. Owned the same ugly 1941 Ford Tudor twice, 9 years apart. The guy I sold it to was goung ti restore it, but 9 years later, I bought it back for half price. Not the first or last old car mistake I'll ever make.
  13. Have you done a deep clean on the fuel system? From tank to injectors. Sounds like old gas may be causing issues. Even if you have fresh gas, it may be dissolving varnish and other crap in the tank that will keep fouling injectors, plugs and fuel filters way longer than you'd think. There's an active Reatta forum a little farther down. Lot of knowledge there. https://forums.aaca.org/forum/11-buick-reatta/
  14. Swapping out parts is a poor attempt to fix a car…….diagnose it. I understand it’s probably beyond 95 percent of most people’s skill set. Also proper test equipment is a must. It’s likely you have more than one issue, and likely with all that parts swapping you have incorrect parts in it. Start with the basics, and run a proper diagnostic routine. Starting poorly but acceptable? Nope. When in open loop before things heat up the computer only has limited control. Once warm and in closed loop, the computer has total control. Time to break out the old scanner and a DVOM and check the inputs and outputs and compare data. Note ! You can not trust data out of a scan tool. You must use the DVOM. Find a local mechanic in his 60’s if possible………..he will be much more familiar with OBD 1 systems than 99 percent of todays mechanic's that have only serviced OBD 2. PS- welcome to the site. Lots of helpful people here………especially on your car. You have limited access to PM’s until a certain number of posts. Good luck……Ed
  15. In the USAF, I made Air Target Charts. Not for practice, but I would never see my work in action. As a Photo Interpreter, around the globe, practice was never an option.
  16. The spare tire bulge is a definite minus for this car. The other thing for me is that being a late 1970's car it probably does not run too well. The advent of fuel injection solved that problem, but that didn't come until later. Lew Bachman 1957 Thunderbird
  1. Load more activity