All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Another ghastly and pretentious replica, run away, NOW!
  3. Are you sure your 12v Charger has enough amps to power the horn? Horns use relays for a reason, they draw a lot of power. Do an ohm reading to see what resistance you get.
  4. Plug wire is a quick and easy fix. Maybe do the oxygen sensor while you are there.
  5. I thought Buick also offered it that year as well, and labeled it 'Accu-Ride' Craig
  6. In my experience the spark plug wires are the most likely thing that would cause the misfire you are having at low RPM when the torque converter is locked and you try to accelerate.
  7. I wonder if VW of America still has its "European Delivery Program" that was popular for a number of decades. Perhaps one can be purchased that way. Craig
  8. number one issue is DOT glass and emissions standards.............. at one time, an American could bring in one "grey" car in their lifetime. dont believe that exists anymore. I always dreamt of bringing in a Porsche 911 ions ago.
  9. Today
  10. When I worked on the timing chain on my 1924 light six I went through the studebaker parts books. The same sprocket part numbers for the later EM are used all the way up to the end of that family of six cylinder engines. An example, cam shaft sprocket part number 120006 according to the 1928 to 40 six part book was used on: GE, GJ, GL, S1, 53. Older parts books also show this part number for the standard six and EM. The same is true for the other two sprockets. The parts book shows a number of different chains by different manufacturers but the same sprockets were used for at least 10 years. They list each new chain type as superseding the previous one. I ended up removing the hunters link from my chain as per the repair manual. That took care of the slackness issue.
  11. So, no one should direct him to a PDF for the shop manual? We are awake and alert, to the disappointment of all dishonest people; but I believe this to be a real request.
  12. Randy, try connecting a jumper wire from the battery positive post to the positive {+} on the coil. Ben
  13. WAKE UP ! Of course it's a scam..after a few contacts he will have you on the hook, and move on to the real efrfort.
  14. VW will no longer offer the Toureg in the US market. We get the Atlas, a much bigger vehicle. If one REALLY wants a new Toureg, is it difficult to buy overseas & ship here? What about import duties? Would parts & service be difficult to obtain here?
  15. Hi Bud. Actually, as you can see, this engine lost its head during a fairly recent event. Evidently this is a W5 as per what is written on the exhaust manifold. Does this have any implications regarding Kenny's needs on his W4 ? Thank you for being "The Source" for so much Continental information. Did this authority come to you through your professional career in some way, or is it from hobby interest ? - Carl
  16. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1952-seagrave-900/ Only 13 hours left, CURRENT BID: $3,400
  17. KENNY---Bummer---looks like W4 and W5 almost exclusively used by Durant products Durant and Star, except for a few used by the Baldwin Gleaner/Gleaner Combine, at least per my catalogs...that combine is listed for the 1929 10-11 foot cut model using both W4 and W5, which could easily have different setups... An equally nebulous possibility is the Cont'l H 4cyl series---H1, H6, H7, H8, H9, all listed in a 52 McCord Tractor and Industrial gasket guide as using the same set of gaskets, implying considerable similarities...but here, again, these Hs show very few listings, and no familiar names... C CARL---there should be something similar on yours; let me know what you find, as there wers several headless Contl's...
  18. Each taillight takes 2 spacers. Each taillight takes 4 bolts to mount then. 2 shorter bolts & 2 longer ones (the spacers go on the longer bolts) I had to send my recently rechromed rear bumper back to get replated 🤦🏻‍♂️. So I can measure all hardware for u tomorrow.
  19. Terry I like your pins. Great collection! Your Briscoe emblem appeared about 1917 and may have continued to 1921 but I am still looking for confirmation of these dates. Regarding the dog bone-shaped Briscoe emblems shown earlier, my Chandler example was not a good one, because, as you noticed, the ends are curved. Anyway, here are two more Chandler radiator emblems, which much better show the similarity with the Briscoe emblems. If anyone can help to give the dates of use of the Briscoe dog bone-shaped emblems, I would be most grateful.
  20. Do you have an Instruction Book or Book of Information for the car? What does the cross section of the gear box show? There have been a few 1924-5-6 gearbox questions here. Maybe have a look at them and see if there is any enlightenment. If nothing else, I would go for the Meropa. I think the problem with that gearbox is that there is no drive for the countershaft gear unless you engage a gear, so the oil needs to transfer angular momentum into the countershaft gear as/before you engage it.
  21. Greg, sometimes in life you have to take a chance. The part was scrap and nothing else was available. Good on Joe for helping to get this old car engine back on road.
  1. Load more activity