All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. What about reliability? I never understood updraft carburetors. Yes, engines develop vacuum it how much can a small displacement 4 cyl from 1923 develop? With downdraft you create a more reliable set up. Despite lacking authenticity, I like your downdraft set up.
  3. Definitely a unibody. Also what about the Chrysler airflow? I sort of recall that might’ve been too, and that was earlier.
  4. GARY F

WTB jack

I need a jack, base, handle (lug wrench) for a 1959 Ford car. Thanks
  5. For Sale: 1931 Ford Model A Tudor - $11,000 - Sandy Hook, VA 1931 ford for sale by owner - Sandy Hook, VA - craigslist Seller's Description: Great running model a 1931. Starts ands drives and stops. Clean engine interior good Lights front and back work. Odometer and horn are a bit wonky, but the fixes r usually simple. Fun ride. Contact: Kelly (804) 3-eighty-7-five-8-4 Copy and paste in your email: 1b4a2a273ae6336ebea07a561d07955a@sale.craigslist.org I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1931 Ford Model A Tudor.
  6. If you're still looing and have Facebook check out this. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/291295640586992
  7. I have a 1971 Renault if you are still interested!
  8. This has been kicking around on my shelf for a while. Someone out there needs it. Part number is 22029595. Genuine GM- Delco with the box. Fits 1978-1984. $150 shipping included. PM me if interested. Located in Copake, NY. 518-965-1162 if you want to talk. I DON"T TEXT. Voice only. Dave.
  9. Call a floor covering shop, they should have an answer.
  10. Barney reminded me of another possible tool to use when trying to diagnose a stubborn problem, and it costs exactly nothing. Most sensors have a backup safe operational setting in the ECM. Simply disconnect the sensor and start the engine and see if the behavior changes, possibly for the better. The engine will start and run with the cam sensor, MAF, O2, inlet air temperature, water temperature, knock sensor and I believe even the TPS. You will get a check engine light for most of them but it can be a useful diagnostic tool. Of course it needs to operate for a while if it is temperature related. I would try the MAF sensor first.
  11. Big Fords.......Galaxie, LTD, possibly truck, about 1968-1972 or so.
  12. I'm the one who supply's the "Mini" starters. $409.00 + shipping in a Large Flat Rate box of $27.75 Personnel check, money order, or bank check. Made out to myself & mailed to: Tom Telesco 12 Cook St. Norwalk, Ct. 06853-1601 Tom T.
  13. Hi Ken, Interested in the small trumpet horn and the chrome air cleaner lid. Thanks, Tom
  14. Olson Gaskets had the whole gasket kit. Life-saver! Thanks for the lead.
  15. Bilstein Costly, but worth it. I could supply if nec. Tom T.
  16. I should correct something I wrote above. The clutch fork contacts the clutch release bearing, not the pressure plate itself. Then the clutch release bearing contacts the pressure plate.
  17. Can someone suggest a good set of shocks for my ride? Im a new member #18096 so I hope Im doing this right. I also am looking to replace the shocks as well, any suggestions? My riviera has 92,000 miles on it so I feel its time. Any advise is welcome thanks. Marvin Moore
  18. Johnson and Johnson Paste Wax is no longer made. What are people using instead of it on Battle Ship Linoleum running boards?
  19. Today
  20. Here is an example of the way to sort out Statesman/600 cars from Ambassadors quickly. So many of them are misidentified online. One of these is allegedly a 49 and the other a 50, but ignore that for now. Look between the back of the front wheel and the front edge of the door. Statesman (or 600): Ambassador:
  21. Hello, im new here. I can’t se the pictures of your work, im about to do the same thing but almost no one in sweden have done this!
  22. Hi! I'd like to have this done to my carb, if you're still doing it. I literally just joined and I am not yet able to PM anyone. Is it possible for you to PM me with the details? Thanks in advance!
  23. All three of you above are right as rain. Monsignors Motive's, Schramm's, Avg's respective facing one's accusers, community service ensuring they have a dog in the hunt, yet that service still loss of income. Perhaps our compatriot north of the 49th parallel well sums it. But unless willing to pay for ubiquitous human patrol, cameras seem inevitable. Look how hard it is to get a human when dealing with Comcast, Verizon, any major organization. I don't think this remotely "politics," but the above is reason # 723 why every poll of scientists shows them agreeing our biggest by far problem remains overpopulation, their words: "bigger than climate." All roads lead to this overarching conclusion, popular or not. Any labworker can tell you how rats when crowded begin attacking one another. Congestion, delays, speeding, accidents result. Until we triage, focus on curbing mindless cloning, we're only rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. 8 1/8 billion people on a planet so small the towers of suspension bridges out of parallel to reflect the curvature of the earth, something's gotta give. 350 million people in the US alone. Yeah, yeah, everyone could fit in South Dakota, certainly Alberta. But what about the farmland, resources to serve all those people? Global population didn't reach one billion 'til 1804, when Beethoven debuted his favorite of his nine symphonies, two billion 'til Lindbergh flew a crude, single-engine tail dragger to Paris. Most of the cars many of us like were built between 1927 and the late '40s, when US population "only" 146 million. Those of you who like modern stuff, global population didn't reach 3.3 billion 'til 1965, when biologists agree this wee globe reached its carrying capacity and our numbers began causing mass species extinction, according to 60 Minutes, US population then 194 million. The NY Times reports overpopulation fomenting, fostering pandemics. Light pollution interrupts human circadian rhythm, causing breast cancer in women. So, until those with the education, grit, cojones to rejuvenate often complex old automobiles help buck the consumer-driven media's blackout on the subject, kowtowing to those whose business model so weak it dependent on evermore customers and cheap labor, expect more cameras, more tickets, and enjoy the ride. As is, oncology care is included in our GDP. Our tax code was written when more babies meant more hands to work the family farm, half of all chidren not surviving beyond age four. Sometimes, you have to get to the basics, the cause of problems. A respray and new seat covers do not a restoration make.
  1. Load more activity