All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Gary, over here in Delaware there was an exchange "Trojan 5". I wonder what was on their minds. The Greeks? of something else haha
  3. Funny, you mentioned the four-speed. That was the reason I got rid of it. I think they made a few 428 cobra jet four speed GTE cars. Also, the dirty little secret with these cars is the cobra jet is faster. As they detuned 427. it’s running a hydraulic and 390 intake carburetor and exhaust manifolds.
  4. Thank you Ariejan! Nice to know that a relic in and old photo still exists.
  5. Does anyone have a source for a pattern for one of these? I see the snaps to secure one in place on the back seat area but do not have a pattern to go by.
  6. Might have been? Car would have been over ten years old in 1917. And looks like the engine may be gone already? Also, it looks like it may be a rear entrance tonneau? I didn't think Ford used a rear entrance that late. But the hood front/radiator looks too large for the 1904 model.
  7. Yes the good stuff is out there. How cool would it be to be the DJ here and have people in like Dick Dale (unfortunately gone now but... wow!) How is this guy not in the R&R hall of fame??
  8. I have seen a better copy of this photo before. In it one could see a few cables or rods running over the car's seat and stretched back to where the fellow can pull then or turn them to operate the car. The digital matrix in this picture loses that stuff in the busy background.
  9. That’s a fun car for the money……….
  10. Great to see the comments and hear that the crowds were present--always worried that the internet will destroy the in-person events. I made it up for a few hours yesterday ( Thursday)--attendance was pretty good from what I saw. Lines at the "little blue houses " were often long. Don't forget to tip the attendants. Too many "wheeled vehicles" driven by people with little regard for those who are walking. Too many young kids on bicycles. All that is intimidating to older walkers. I completely understand they "graying" of the hobby and the HC vehicles are a good thing. I just wish that all drivers were aware of the people walking. I also miss the "Vendor --Listing by Specialty" in the program. I understand that is available in the APP, so maybe that is better. Against my normal practice, I will be returning on Saturday. I expect it to be VERY crowded and that is why I usually try to be done before Saturday, but this year reality did not permit me to get up there on Wednesday and Friday. Looking forward to the Ford Nationals in June. It is a smaller show than Spring and Fall, but almost every vendor is selling FoMoCo stuff.
  11. I hear tons of nightmare stories on the Marvel carbs……..this one had been fine since day one. They can be a bit fussy to get adjusted right, after that it’s been fine. Since it still has the original cork float I will probably change it out to the synthetic material.
  12. Don't ask me? Nice era photo though. Thank you for posting it.
  13. My dad had a very nice 1934 Panel Truck. I don't think many of these have survived due to the extensive amount of wood in the body.
  14. Today
  15. Not mine, I love these years of Fords and this scruffy flathead 35 in the low 20's (says or best offer), could be lots of fun for someone. My Father in Law has a 36 and I really like the styling. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/412337228177637/
  16. As far as my fellow vendors go, they range from weak to good, so far…. One can never “ bank “ on quantity of sales until the actual money is in one’s pocket, of course, but we all have goals of what total $$$ taken in would constitute a fair show, a good show, and an excellent show…. At this point, with Wednesday and Thursday completed ( 2 days ) , and Friday and Saturday to go ( 1 3/4 days ) , you would certainly like to be at 50 % of your believed goal to have a good show… Some of my friends and fellow vendor friends are decently short of that mark, some are short of that mark , and some of us are at that plateau…. No one I personally know is over that mark , or doing cartwheels up and down the aisles , overjoyed in success…. But, with two (2) days to go, there certainly is time to have poor become good, for decent to become great…. We all won’t know the final number for 48 hours… There is some precipitation slated for later today / Friday from 2 : 00 P.M. through 11 : 00 P.M. , but with continued hourly accumulations of .01 —- so, there just might be some times , maybe steady at times, of that annoying little drizzle…. But that usually doesn’t have people running for the hills , like a steady rain, storm , or worse… We ( should ) be okay tomorrow—- and Saturday should be glorious…. Come on down —- the vendor areas are more than 90 % full , there are plenty of cars in the corral — from rugged to gorgeous —- and, as you heard ^^^ above ^^^ , some are selling … also Friday is day 2 of 2 of the car auction across the street at the Carlisle Expo Center —- so there is still plenty of reason to be here , if you are a classic or antique car officianado….. Don’t be a whining little wimp —- and stay home —- and then bemoan , “ I should have gone “ … get your tushy moving and get down here… Be a MAN !!! Or a WOMAN !! and Get Down here… People are here from Canada, Eh ? ( MANY ) , my friend Ernesto from Oviedo, Spain , my friends Tomas , Roland , and Bjorn from Sweden , and a lot of states from the United States are represented —- I have already personally served Oregon , California , Florida , and Maine… See ya’ here —- I am at I I 118 - 119 —- G M, MOPAR , and FORD , and Others —- Rambler, Studebaker, International , Packard, Edsel, AMC, Nash, and more…. Yours, Craig….
  17. I got the above picture from a 1941 Plymouth that is For Sale assuming that it was correct for the 1941 Plymouth. Judging by what JFranklin says, this car must have the incorrect hubcaps. I checked the original Sales Brochure, and it appears that the 41 Plymouth Hubcaps have a similar design, but are smooth. The photo that I posted has a distinct "ring" pressing around the emblem. Check out the hubcaps shown in the Brochure.
  18. Its interesting that the "Festival of Locomotion" features many cars mounted on horse drawn vehicles.
  19. The highwheeler with its seemingly round front is still a mystery to me, but the car behind is probably an early De Dion-Bouton.
  20. No, it is a specific switch with part number 1997833-1 and only for super and roadmaster 49-50.
  21. 1964 Buick Riviera Coupe White RWD Automatic On Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/235507431203?
  22. This car is a ca 1900 Delin (from Belgium), which still survives today.
  23. Depending on the diameter it`s Standard or Master model,as well as the angle on the bolt angle ,if it`s straight open cars if angled at rear it`s closed cars.
  24. Hard for me to fathom that Eric Burdon will be 83 years old next month.🤯 That overfed long haired sleeping gnome is still cranking out music. Did a creditable job with "Tobacco Road" too. Probably the closest thing to John D Loudermilk's original. Animals: John D:
  25. Almost all the time. That was the first year of column shift and that particular linkage design lasted at least through 1940. VERY occasionally my 1939 would get hung up between 1st and 2nd. In such a case, shut engine off, be sure the car is not being held by gears (i.e., depress clutch and let car roll an inch or two if it will, then apply parking brake). open hood, reach down and grab the shift levers off the steering column, and jiggle them up and down and it will free up. I don't recall if there's a grease fitting on that underhood linkage (it's been 15 years, but my Jeepster has such a fitting) but if there is, that's a high priority fitting.
  1. Load more activity