All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Begs for a title Ran when Parked Model T Woody I plan to restore it one of these days
  3. Phantom Works lost me when they decided that the best way to restore a perfectly good 56 T-Bird was to take the body off and put it on the chassis and drive train of one of the Holden Pontiac GTOs. I’m surprised Dan didn’t figure out a way to strap a jet pack on the back to really give it some more juice. I have liked Wheeler Dealers because they do get into some of the intricacies of what they are doing and there is usually something there to learn. The Guild is also worth watching, along with Chasing Classic Cars. Lew Bachman 1957 Thunderbird
  4. 8E45E

Door glass

What Mopar logo is etched into the glass? The four letters, "DP" on top of "CD"? the double-arrow 'Forward Look'? or the Pentastar? That will narrow down the year it was made. Craig
  5. Matthias Just out of curiosity, what part of Germany do you call home? Craig, Ret'd US Army 1980-1984 - Munich 1990-1995 - Darmstadt 1995-2003 - Heidelberg PS - happy searchtempest.com worked so well/quickly for you
  6. For sale on Craigslist: 1957 Oldsmobile Super 88 4-door Sedan in Williams, CA - $12,500 - Call: 530 665 33 three one Link: https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/williams-1957-oldsmobile-super-88-v8/7731637834.html# Seller's Description: 1957 Oldsmobile Super 88 4-door Sedan odometer: 65249 title status: clean transmission: automatic Selling 1957 Oldsmobile Super 88 4 door sedan V8 371 cubic engine. 65,249 miles odometer. Automatic transmission. Car is all original. New tires. It’s in good running condition. License plate renewal is due in April. It needs interior upholstery and paint job. The body is in good condition. No bundle or fiberglass on body. Due to health problems I cannot complete my project. Selling for $12,500. Firm on price.
  7. here we go again....5 days ago on my way to get my oil changed, the Transmission got into "the funny" mode...great!...5 mile drive to the shop...was not able to pull over so kept on going...at a max of 30mph...1 mile before the shop, everything went back to normal....ever since then, no issue.... fluid is perfect ( changed, new filter, new TCM and solenoid pack in 2021. no leaks...no noise...wondering, if it was a one time hickup... also...other than the neutral switch/sensor, which other sensors do I have to replace? ( cant find anything in the factory repair book) and what are the part numbers for them? other than that, I am considering Hemi´s advice - looking for a PT cruizer trans....
  8. Beautiful car! Thanks for posting the video, Steve. I wouldn't call that car a wolf in sheep's clothing as the interviewer said, but a wolf in beautiful thoroughbred clothing. The car has great proportions and Mr. Carini tactfully redirected the interviewer's attention to that after his comment. The black paint and dog dishes do make the car look austere, however. I usually like a little more color in Starliners, but the black creates a great race-ready look. I'd love to have a Starliner ('61 or '60) someday.
  9. Today
  10. Buy this, and the hell with car's and coffee. From now on, it's Trucks and Beer!
  11. Or from getting stolen. (Which would be worse?) Craig
  12. Hi Walt I just discovered your post about William Russell in the Stutz Bearcat that you posted on Dec 20th 2020 - he was my great uncle and married to my great aunt , another Silent Star Helen Ferguson . I believe the dog in the car with him was called ‘Teddy Whack’ as not long after The Lincoln Highwayman he filmed The Valley of Tomorrow with Mary Thurman in the picture attached! I would really love to have a best scanned copy of your picture for my family collection if you are prepared to help ? My email address is lordofbaswich@nailcotehall.co.uk Hoping you can help me - Thank you Rick Cressman
  13. Hence still being attached to the hoist. Work is done, goes back in Saturday.
  14. I guess any safety officer and many an engineer would scoff, but I dont see that big of a deal with the lift. The scarier thing to me is the motor sitting on those jack stands! Abear, you would have had a field day with the motor stand I built out of scrap lumber, And no one was hurt!
  15. For anyone planning on coming there is only a bit of parking in the front of the building, along with on street parking but you can also park on the grass of the vacant lot next door that also belongs to us. I forgot to mention before as well anyone looking for lunch in Woodstock a couple of local places with food made from scratch are the Charles Dickens Pub and the Iron Works, both of which are in the same block as The Two Guys and a Whisk Bakery. If you are coming from the Kitchener/Waterloo direction The Trails Edge Tavern in Plattsville is also well worth the stop for a bite. Looking forward to meeting/seeing everyone! Don
  16. I think the thing that impresses me most about this thread is that it took nine whole posts before someone crapped on Harbor Freight... 🙄
  17. You know, sometimes the best way to clean up is just an old fashioned run to the dump... By the time I was done the box was full and the backseat even had stuff in it including a garbage can full of broken window glass that I was really glad to get rid of. Best 10 bucks I spent today was on the tipping fees - it's the minimum charge here. The shop is 220 lbs lighter! Next up was tiding up the tire rack There's tires on there just need to go but I want to keep the rims so either I figure out what's wrong with the tire machine that was left at the shop or convince the tire shop I deal with to remove the tires for me. Most of the tires are either sets of snows or summers for my wife's car and my friends two daily drivers. There is a set of snows for a Dodge Journey on factory rims if anyone is looking for a set cheap - they belong to my sister who has a new vehicle and I think forgot I have the snows here. Nothing disappeared off the rack but it is at least cleaned up to where nothing is blocking the daylight coming through the window anymore. Basically, it just looks better and sometimes that's good enough for now. BTW I believe that I have the market cornered on Metropolitan rims - that's the stack to the right of the tire rack.
  18. Now you have scared me. I am going to take the wheels off my '38 Packard 12 so it doesn't roll into the lake.
  19. From 1928-1952 parts book
  20. The seller and I both think the wheels are from another truck, most likely an International, at least the hubs are
  21. I am going to be sort of returning it to a fire truck if I get it. The wood farm box won't be coming with it, and I'll likely be fabricating my own period style rear box for it, possibly with a water tank etc.
  22. Remember the Old Milwaukee Beer Slogan: “It Doesn’t Get Any Better Than This!” [Actually, there is better 😉]
  1. Load more activity