All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The wheel cylinders for 1939-1946 Lincolns are the same. The left and right sides are different.
  3. Just one member's opinion - National and Regional meets will increase in attendance when judging is de-emphasized and there is sincere, and honest reach out to all of the new members that join, many for one year (one and done's) to attend a National meet and make sure they are welcomed. Provide a discount for National meet attendance to all new members. You will make it up the 1st year by having more judges to judge YOUR cars and later on when they return. The last 2 meets have had far less than 200 registrations, yet were in phenomenal historically high density of membership and attraction locations. Is there any doubt that 10 to 15 years ago the Midwest City meet would have drawn 300 to 350 cars? It was my understanding from eyewitnesses that once a car was judged on Saturday that most of them left the show field. The trailer queens were loaded up, and the contestants waited for the banquet to receive their awards. Unless the weather was ominous, personally, I would like to be able to walk through the show field like it was a small town festival show - where no one technically leaves until the trophies are handed out. If you do so, then the non judged and the judged are together in chronological order and instead of dispersing on this important day, all BCA members can mingle, renew friendships, make new ones. This can certainly be done informally Weds-Friday, but Saturday afternoon is the one best opportunity to attend a BCA Super Bowl.
  4. Clive is a Great man I was able to meet and visit with him two years ago in Scottsdale. I got the impression that he would write the car into his books and when the book sold use that money to buy the car in the book. Everyone has a different angle to finance their cars. Kirk
  5. Wilfredo, Welcome, At the top of the Buick Pre war forum is a link to some vendors that will help you. I would suggest that you create a new topic introducing yourself and include a picture of your car. The more pictures the better. There is a lot of knowledge here and we can help you. Hugh https://forums.aaca.org/topic/272878-pre-war-links/
  6. @Jack Welch Has the BOD brought up the longevity of this particular committee? Since the BOD changes a bit each year, without some lay persons involved it would seem that review of the organizational rules could be subject to wide swings of experience, and desires, without much history to fall back on. I am suggesting that this ought to be a standing committee with it's own SOP for set up and guidance, with at least one BOD member and whatever other number of members needed, to facilitate recommendations for adjustments to the SOP, Rules and Regulations and the By-Laws, for the BOD. It would still be up to the BOD to accept or reject any recommendations. And since the Judging manual is also considered a part of the governing documents there should be at least one member of the NMC on this committee. Just my opinion.
  7. Yes I believe that is the case. Remove a bolt and screw it in to the next slot to adjust the clutch. We just have not found the sweet spot yet. Thanks for your help. I await your scan of the manual tom
  8. That's the uppity crap I hate! Good for you driving it there and being different!
  9. Thanks for the great travelogue, Derek. Road trips like that are my favorite part of the hobby. Maybe a little risk but always an adventure. We shouldn't be afraid to drive our cars--that's what they want to do!
  10. I don't think I was in the lot 5 minutes and I had people telling their friends, "Wow, you gotta come look at this," and not in a nice way. It's a mostly original driver with dents, bondo, and rusty rocker panels. No, it's not a 400 point car. Probably not a 100 point car, but you know what? I drove it 300 miles last week, it ran perfect, and I didn't cry when it got rained on. lol
  11. I can honestly see why you needed those Skyhawk wheels I spotted on the local CL, just sayin'. But otherwise, this is a nice car, unusual and an important part of Buick history in my opinion. They just reopened I29 for your information. That is a great route. Skirting the low moraine valley with the Loess Hills to your east. Omaha would be a nice National meet destination. Lots of history, railroad stuff, great driving routes, eateries.
  12. I’ve heard WD-40 helps but I’m afraid it might make the paint even softer. Old wives tale?
  13. Here’s the pictures of what we currently have
  14. Judging the car ? Sure. Judging the owner for their decision on how to present their car? I've no time for.
  15. This is always going to happen in some way , shape, or form. It even happens at the Cruise-in's. And it is not unique to just this hobby. Further I think it is done by 100% of the population, just some people are not conscious of, or capable of, being discreet about it.
  16. Thanks....I am a member of the Hup Club so probably should have started there. I guess I thought more people would see it here
  17. In south central PA, they're as plentiful as ever. Old fashioned Victor mouse traps are still at work.
  18. My 1930 Chrysler has an adjustment to raise or lower the steering column. My steering wheel tends to rub my belly when I drive. I think people weren't fed as well as we are then!
  19. I dont mind the judging for those that enter that part of the show. What I don't like is the "judging" of those that don't by those that do.
  20. I just acquired a 1927 Buick Brougham Model 51 from an American friend here in Metro Manila, Philippines. I want to restore this car to original so I ordered three (3) books from Faxon Auto Literature to guide me in restoring the car. I will be needing some missing parts like an outside and inside door handle and other parts after I have dismantled the doors. Can anyone help me find sources of parts for my 27 Buick.This is my first attempt to restore pre-war (WWW2) car. My finished projects include 65 Mustang coupe, 69 Toyota Landcruiser BJ40, Land Rover Defender 90, and 2 classic mini coopers. Thanks.
  21. If I have to do that I will, I am hoping that we can keep it open for relevant questions. If that is not the case, I will have Peter lock it.
  22. Don't forget to torque them again after the engine has been run for a while. The soft studs will stretch and need to be gone over again. I forget how long to wait until you should re torque them, maybe some knows.
  23. Also the '50s was when European cars got disk brakes while except for one blimpmobile, Americans had to wait for the 60s. I remember fading a '61 Caddy 'vert out to nothing on one hard stop from 70. Personally preferred a DOHC 6 of over three liters but had a lot of fun speed shifting a FIAT 1500 and with my '55 MGA RHD (had a second steering wheel for the passenger to wave around). I never met a car I didn't like but would make an exception for a Daimler SP250. Back then I thought a big Healey and a Merc 190SL were ladies cars (Merc was a popular graduation gift). Have to remember that Florida is a big state and almost anywhere was a 100 mile round trip, the city was an overnight thousand miles, and 710 to Sebring was dead straight (except for the curve at Indiantown) two lane shell road. Was a different time. ps for a look at the culture in the '50s watch the Roger Corman "The Fast and the Furious"
  24. My '31 had a thin piece of brass under the slightly rusted out water jacket cover. You could do that as a last resort.
  1. Load more activity