All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I can see Auburnseeker circling above, looking for the engine.
  3. NOT MINE Description Antique 1940 Chief motorcycle chassis, has original rear fender , rt side tank, gas caps, generator, generator bracket , kicker arm , (VERY RARE INDIAN FACE HORN "CANADIAN" data plate ) dash , headlight bucket rough Moto Lamp , axle spacer . What you see is whats there.If you are serious and want to know more,leave me your number to get a reply. Please no wheel kickers. This is a great opportunity to get into a antique bike project. Check out Vegas auctions and you will know why. Have a look at my other cool stuff on kijiji R Rick Owner View 79 listings < 2 hrs avg reply 97% reply rate 11 yrs on Kijiji Contact Rick Send message To deter and identify potential fraud, spam or suspicious behaviour, we anonymise your email address (as applicable) and reserve the right to monitor conversations. By sending the message you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
  4. The photos show that it also comes with a folder with the make and model of the car on it. Nice!
  5. When my former employer decided to get out of the letterpress business in the early 80's we must have tossed 500 old printing plates into the recycling bins. All kinds some going back to the 1920's
  6. Try here if you need the parts....http://www.frenchlakeautoparts.com/
  7. Brand name of a manual that lists which parts interchange on various cars
  8. Try here....http://www.frenchlakeautoparts.com/
  9. Sad to see cars left to dissolve in the elements. Just can't see why folks do that. i know the old "Someday i'm gonna fix it up" but still sell it if you don't want it. There is a Road Runner near me that has sat in a driveway for at least 30 years under what us now left of a cover. Slowly settling to ground. Give the car a chance to be reborn before it is too late.
  10. Yesterday
  11. I tried for a better shot or two, but the yard is so overgrown, even I could not get closer.
  12. I am referring to the Holley 2300 series... Not sure why it would flow worse I was actually using a nice adapter that matched the ports on the original intake and gently enlarged to the Holley.. But anyhow.. Got an edelbrock avs2 650 carb.. Right now running an adapter to that other adapter so obviously not the best set up but it's actually running pretty well.. It'll by me time until I can get a 4bbl intake
  13. I thought the first photo was the actual car, and when I saw the price, I thought wow! Sure was disappointed when I clicked on the next photo.......😟
  14. If you are looking for complete replacement supports you should state the length(closed and extended) of yours..
  15. Jan, The aluminum trim around the panels did come from an antique car supplier, while the aluminum trim grommets around the pedals are original Kissel parts that I buffed out. thanks, Ron
  16. This is my father’s car. He’s had it since the 90’s at least. Thank you for the compliment. It’s the only car of his I’ve kept. I moved and Jack is hauling it for me. (2nd time he’s moved this for me. He also hauled it when I moved down there (Medford), last year. I’ve come back home to the Portland area to be closer to my father.)
  17. Jan, i used floor mat materials that I had left over from prior restorations. I’m not sure if it was material from Restoration Supply, Lowe’s, or Home Depot. Some of the common hardware store and internet-available materials actually are the same as more expensive materials from antique sources, yet are virtually identical. thanks, Ron
  18. Thank u for finding this GREAT windshield deal thru Summit. I wanna pull the trigger soon too. But I recently decided to reuse my pitted glass with a small rock chip in it because of your horror story. Did they make u ship each broken windshield back every time? Glad u finally got good glass. “Third time is a charm”…wait that odd adage doesn’t apply in case huh haha. As u can tell, I followed your other thread. Someone mentioned that replacement glass is thinner. So are u using thicker ribbon to make up the difference? Not sure if all glass is cut perfect or if inconsistencies are expected. So a tip for u that my buddy & I did which helped was to lay the glass in place with the spacers but without the ribbon. Dry fit it I guess it can be called. This gave us the opportunity to see exactly where my glass would lay. We took note & placed ribbon according.
  19. Al, The Locomobile steamer only has two dial spring gauges, air and steam. The air pressure gauge is the fuel pressure. They have no fuel pump and instead use air over liquid to pressurize the fuel system, the "air tank" is just for reserve air to maintain steadier pressure on the fuel tank as the liquid volume decreases. It's important to know the air pressure, obviously to not over compress the system, and also to maintain the proper pressure for best burner operation. Some burners will only operate is a small range of pressure, other wise they "backfire' -not a boom sound, rather the flame jumps inside the burner and burns back in to the mixing tube. The remedy for that is typically to raise the fuel pressure to increase the fuel/air velocity. A burner is considered better if it can operate on a wide range of pressures or have better "turn down ratio". The steam gauge simply monitors steam pressure, it is the one of the two that is most watched during fire up and while running (other than the sight glass), it basically lets you know how much power you have in reserve, or if the burner is behaving by how fast pressure will rise at idle. It's also good to make sure the safety is working i.e. mine is set at 250, so at 250 on the gauge the safety relief will lift. There is a third gauge and that is the sight glass gauge, or "sight glass" or "sight gauge". It is the most important of all three as it monitors the amount of water in the boiler. Typical Stanley type fire tube boiler is a steel shell with rolled in copper tubes, if it ran out or even very low on water it can damage the fire tubes as they over heat and collapse, it can happen even in a low water situation, where the water boils so hard it actually lifts the water off the crown sheet and exposes the lower sections of the tubes. And it's not a catastrophic failure, more embarrassing, than dangerous. There is not one recorded incident of a steam car ever blowing up from a steam explosion. My car has an all steel Ofeldt type boiler in it, it can be ran out of water and unharmed, which I've done accidentally. A boiler with any copper or brass components should never be ran even low on water. I could write volumes on this subject, but I'm trying to keep it as short as possible, there is a lot more to it, but that is basically the three gauges of the Locomobile. There is a small mirror mounted on the front of the body and many people think it's a rear view mirror, but it's only purpose is for the driver/operator to see the sight glass from the drivers seat. I joke with people about the rules of driving a steamer. Rule 1. Watch the sight glass. Rule 2 Don't run anyone over. In that order of importance. -Ron
  20. https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/d/snohomish-1937-cord-812-c-beverly/6861733390.html
  21. Hope everyone is having a HAPPY EASTER! Other than a wet rainy cold three days so far, it hasn't been good for rides so I have been keeping busy inside the house replacing the kitchen taps and continuing with working on a basement bathroom addition. This needs to happen as our upstairs bathroom needs a total gutting as the tile has cracked and leaking so this one will allow me time to do the upstairs and not be without facilities for awhile. The shower is fully operational now and once I get the sink hooked up the tile floor will be next. Meantime, while having a late morning coffee doesn't the phone ring and it is from the lady I talked to about the '89 Dynasty. Seems her son tried putting it on a Facebook selling site and the offers they were getting were really low ball. She wondered if I was willing to go my original offer so told her I would talk to my brother-in-law and get back to her. Looks like he is willing so will get back to her on Sunday and make arrangements to get things moving for next week. Looks like I'll get my 50 bucks back for the inspection when all is said and done (and being a nice brother-in-law?).
  22. Not Mine "THIS IS NOT A FANTASY PIECE!!!". Up for sale is an 1912 Indian Board-track racer. 4hp, 30.5 cu. in. Hedstrom / Henderson improved, air cooled single-cylinder engine "ORIGINAL 1912 INDIAN MOTOR". "IF THE AD IS UP, IT"S STILL FOR SALE". IF INTERESTED MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO VIEW, NO TIME TO ANSWER EMAILS.. For details see pics and write-up. No tire kickers or low-ball offers price is firm no exceptions. Do your homework on these bikes and you will see just how much they are worth, so don't waste my time, and your time, with ridiculous low-ball offers. If you cant offer the asking price then you cant afford the bike. Low offers and ridiculous questions will be ignored. If interested and don't know anything about an Indian Board-track racer, do your research online tons of information on them. LOCATED IN THE NIAGARA REGION See website for more pics http://antiquevintagegasp.wixsite.com/agedgaspump
  23. Not Mine "THIS IS NOT A FANTASY PIECE!!!". Up for sale is an 1912 Indian Board-track racer. 4hp, 30.5 cu. in. Hedstrom / Henderson improved, air cooled single-cylinder engine "ORIGINAL 1912 INDIAN MOTOR". "IF THE AD IS UP, IT"S STILL FOR SALE". IF INTERESTED MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO VIEW, NO TIME TO ANSWER EMAILS.. For details see pics and write-up. No tire kickers or low-ball offers price is firm no exceptions. Do your homework on these bikes and you will see just how much they are worth, so don't waste my time, and your time, with ridiculous low-ball offers. If you cant offer the asking price then you cant afford the bike. Low offers and ridiculous questions will be ignored. If interested and don't know anything about an Indian Board-track racer, do your research online tons of information on them. LOCATED IN THE NIAGARA REGION See website for more pics http://antiquevintagegasp.wixsite.com/agedgaspump Kevin Owner View 18 listings < 2 hrs avg reply 91% reply rate 1 yr on Kijiji Contact Kevin Send message To deter and identify potential fraud, spam or suspicious behaviour, we anonymise your email address (as applicable) and reserve the right to monitor conversations. By sending the message you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
  1. Load more activity