All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I did that swap in my 1939 and had the same problem. The problem is the fork itself has the wrong bend for the 235 block. I simply heated the fork shaft to red and put a tighter bend in it. It doesn't take too much additional bend and is a bit of trial and error but it is the fix. I was worried about doing it but it's been over 20 years now with no problems...........Bob
  3. I'll be there - looking forward to seeing the "New Look" after all your hard work! Jim
  4. When I first started my business a client told me I was promoting the ideas of this book. https://atulgawande.com/book/the-checklist-manifesto/ It is a great read, especially for those old enough to be spending more time with medical institutions. My application is in building operations and it is an incredibly hard sell. We had a Valvoline oil change facility in our town at one time. I was impressed with the upper and lower floors and the grates. I went there once but still preferred my own oil change process.
  5. I have a 51 and 52. I didn’t like the side opening setup. I have heard of a hood coming off on the highway, my experience was hood coming loose when one side was open and being heavy hard to handle and usually end up with scratched up fenders. I did something radical and made a front opening hood using 53 hinges and latch assembly on my 51 while keeping the 51 hood. On the 52 I am using 4 linear actuators that raise the hood straight up 2 feet, using 4 switches so the hood can be nested down in each corner for a good fit. After new paint last thing I wanted was a lose hood to scratch up the fenders.
  6. Steve mentioned the Armstrong steering but also there is a gyro effect on the tall wheels can be felt at a good speed.
  7. Extending a rod is unlikely to do much. It is the angle of the fork that matters. If the angle is wrong so that the outer end of the fork is further away, the rod will push less and less the further it pushes. If that is the case, I would suspect you need a thicker throw out bearing, or need a taller fork ball. This article is for Jeeps with engine swaps, but you may find it interesting. https://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/clutches-etc/ In particular, this bit of sage advice applies to a lot of things that are not Jeeps...
  8. That strikes a familiar chord. I'm pretty sure that they might have been Australian.
  9. The only two-tone color options on ALL 1950's Cadillacs were one color completely on the lower body, the other color on the top. Notice there is not defined color break chrome line on the rear door, the telltale of an aftermarket color fantasy by the owner, always looks bad.
  10. Might be where the word Boat was first associated with Buicks? Yeah, but that dynaflow translates to "does not float"
  11. I have 1000+ miles since the brakes were done. This happened once before and I backed off the shoes some and bled the system again, I was hoping to get some ideas, thanks for looking.
  12. Might be where the word Boat was first associated with Buicks?
  13. Austin Clark had one of the early version prints mentioned here hanging in his library of automotive catalogs, periodicals, photos. I used to see it every day for several years when I worked for him in the early 1970s as his librarian. He also had a curved dash olds that was perched at the top of the roof over the entrance to his museum in Southampton , NY as an advertisement That car did get restored by I believe someone in Ct. who bought it.
  14. What an amazing journey and repair log you have shared with us here! With me being a "newby" to these Pontiacs you have gifted us with a-lot of information here for years to come.
  15. I feel the same but am subject to the regulations regarding my property by my town's management (mayor and town council).
  16. This is "the" Guy Bennett for whom the FingerLakes Chapter of the BCA sponsors an annual award at the National Meets for the highest scoring pre war car.
  17. Today
  18. Are you still in business? I called and got voice, left you a few voice mails and not one return call. Are you a store front? I can't seem to find your email or address.
  19. Yep its not your normal race deck. Its the "Smoked Oak" and I can't be happier with it. Check out the link ; https://racedeck.com/racedeck-garage-floors-and-tiles/smoked-oak/
  20. Typical of what we see in automotive belt buckles these days Do you have the car to match it? I'm not aware of any belt buckles that were ever originally done as advertising items. All seem to be later novelty items. Terry
  21. Looks like it's still (or maybe again) for sale....looks pretty good but no info about mechanical condition! https://skagit.craigslist.org/cto/d/blaine-1938-desoto/7724282226.html 1938 Desoto sedan 3 speed with overdrive. Suicide doors looks to be mostly original. Some minor paint peeling but rare to find this old of car in this great of shape running and interior intact. Inline 6 email: 6d2ae3a34a95328987cf52271343bf1d@sale.craigslist.org
  22. I'll be purchasing a small collection next month. If there is one that will be a duplicate for me I'll let you know. Terry
  23. This is a very nice, early black and nickel bulb horn assembly that is from 1911 through 1914'ish. It is complete with the horn, horn mounting bracket, tubes, tube bracket, reed, etc. The horn itself is about 4 1/2" wide by 9" tall and the tubing is about 50" long. The horn appears to be original including the paint and the nickel plating which is excellent. There are no dents, etc. It can be used on a right or left hand drive car. It is excellent condition and might even be new old stock. It blows loud too! The price is 450.00 including FedEx Ground shipping/insurance in the USA. Let me know if you have any other questions. Email directly at motoringicons@hotmail.com or call 734-730-4274 Thanks.
  24. This is a very nice, early black and nickel bulb horn assembly that is from 1911 through 1914'ish. It is complete with the horn, horn mounting bracket, tubes, tube bracket, reed, etc. The horn itself is about 4 1/2" wide by 9" tall and the tubing is about 50" long. The horn appears to be original including the paint and the nickel plating which is excellent. There are no dents, etc. It can be used on a right or left hand drive car. It is excellent condition and might even be new old stock. It blows loud too! The price is 450.00 including FedEx Ground shipping/insurance in the USA. Let me know if you have any other questions. Email directly at motoringicons@hotmail.com or call 734-730-4274 Thanks.
  1. Load more activity