'63 Riviera for sale at $4,700 - Is this a scam?

Ed_W

Looks like this is a scam. I asked the seller to allow me to inspect the car and the following is his reply. Scammers, you gotta love them.

Hi again,

It's seems you misunderstand me, now I am in Miami and I will not return until I have a clear transaction (I can't waste my time).I will make this deal only under eBay Protection Department because is more safe for us.Once we have a clear deal I will come home to ship the car or you can come and pick up yourself (it's your choice) because shipping is payed in advance by me.

The car is in great condition inside, outside and mechanically. the interior of the car is free of cracks, rips, tears or any other damage. The vehicle's undercarriage is free of rust, leaks, or mechanical damage. The vehicle's electric is working perfectly.

We will make this deal only under E-bay protection because is more safe. Please just tell me if you really want the car, because I have about 110 e-mails from people who wants it and I really don’t want to waste my time.

To start this deal, please send me your full name, ebay ID and full address for shipping.

Once again, shipping is free.

Thanks! Jason

Guest Jerome

absolutely a scam. The car is listed for sale on Collector Car Trader for $26,995 by a dealer in Missouri. One other tip off is when the guy asks for your Ebay ID. A seller has absolutely no reason to have your id.