Ralph Crisp

42crazy

I just learned today that Ralph Crisp, Mr. Dynaflow, of Omaha, Ne. passed away, yesterday, Friday, May 11th. I believe he had been in bad health lately. He will be sadly missed, as he was a whole warehouse of information, and, was always eager to help those in need. He was 86 years old, so, he lived a long and helpful life. I last saw him in Rochester, Mn, at the National show, and as always, was very talkative, had his wife and grandson waiting impatiently for him to go home. Again, he will be sadly missed, Paul Meyer, President, BCA

• Like 1

Guest imported_MrEarl

I am so sorry to hear that. He was MrBuick714 here on the forum.I have been missing his knowledgeable posts lately. I had emailed him a few times about some Dynaflow problems and parts. I was hoping to have the privelege of meeting him some day. He was indeed a Dynaflow encyclopedia. If anyone communcates with his family any way, please give condolences from the forum members and let them know we will miss him and his Dynaflow related posts.

Ralph G. Crisp

CRISP-Ralph G., age 86 years, Omaha. Retired, General Motors; WWII Veteran. Survived by wife, Lorna L. Crisp; daughter and son-in-law, Lisa A. and Bruce Glover; grandchildren, Megan E. Glover and Paul G. Glover, all of Omaha; sisters: Lucile Daugaard and husband Howard of Sioux Falls, SD, Harriett Brown and husband Arnold of Flagstaff, AZ; brothers: Robert Crisp and wife Byrne, Reginald Crisp and wife Villette; sister-in-law, Diane Crisp, all of Dell Rapids, SD; nieces and nephews.

Services Monday, 11:00 a.m., Presbyterian Church of the Cross, 1517 So. 114 Street. Interment, Evergreen Cemetery with full military honors by Benson VFW Post #2503. Memorials to Gideons International; Presbyterian Church of the Cross; or Tatum Institute. The family will receive friends Sunday, 6:00-8:00 p.m. at the West Center Chapel. HEAFEY-HEAFEY-HOFFMANN

DWORAK-CUTLER

WEST CENTER CHAPEL

78th & West Center 391-3900

He will be greatly missed, that's for sure!

Guest imported_JPIndusi

I corresponded via emails and spoke on the phone with him several times over the last few years. A real gentleman and a storehouse of Buick knowledge. We will miss him very much. I had hoped I could meet him someday at a national but somehow I never made it. I offer my heartfelt condolences to his wife and family.

Joe, BCA 33493

We had the privilege of getting to know Ralph through the Thursday morning meetings of the Omaha Buick club in the coffee shop of a local supermarket. He would always bring a chocoloate chip muffin, and lately, his wife accompanied him and he had to use a walker - yet, he never complained about his health problems. We feel very fortunate to have known such a kind and generous man who had not only an enzyclopedic knowledge of cars, but also a great sense of humor. Our condolences go to his family and all his friends. Claudia and Michael

I too attended many a meeting and Thursday morning coffees with Ralph here in Omaha. A real gentleman who will be missed. My '39 Model 48 two door runs well due to parts and invaluable advise provided by Ralph. He was always there to help! A "Special", "Super" guy who was a "Roadmaster" of all things Buick. I really miss him.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am proud to say that I'm Ralph's granddaughter. I was missing him tonight and got to poking around on the internet and stumbled into this. Thank you all for your kind words about my grandpa. It's been a rough couple of weeks, but we're getting along. Grandpa loved teaching Paul (my younger brother) all about cars - I never took the interest in it Paul did (instead, I liked to hear his old WWII stories : ) ), so it's nice to hear about people who shared that piece of his life with him. I remember when we first got him set up on the internet. He was so fascinated that he could help people in other countries with their car problems. It was pretty cute. : ) If you have any good stories of my grandpa, please email them to me at meglover85@yahoo.com

Thanks again for your kind words. My grandpa is an amazing man, as it seems that many of you have experienced...I'm so blessed to be his granddaughter!!

Sincerely,

Megan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello,

I am proud to say that I'm Ralph's granddaughter. I was missing him tonight and got to poking around on the internet and stumbled into this. Thank you all for your kind words about my grandpa. It's been a rough couple of weeks, but we're getting along. Grandpa loved teaching Paul (my younger brother) all about cars - I never took the interest in it Paul did (instead, I liked to hear his old WWII stories : ) ), so it's nice to hear about people who shared that piece of his life with him. I remember when we first got him set up on the internet. He was so fascinated that he could help people in other countries with their car problems. It was pretty cute. : ) If you have any good stories of my grandpa, please email them to me at meglover85@yahoo.com

Thanks again for your kind words. My grandpa is an amazing man, as it seems that many of you have experienced...I'm so blessed to be his granddaughter!!

Sincerely,

Megan </div></div>

Hi Megan. I conversed with your Grandpa via PM

about my dynaflow trans of which I knew nothing

about. Although I never had the pleasure of meeting him,

he was very kind and patient. He helped me get my trans going

which I will always remember! A big salute from me to your grandpa Ralph!!!

Keith

• 8 years later...
Guest TomJF

Ralph Crisp lived across the street from us in Omaha when my family lived at 4980 Cuming Street, which was on the northwest corner of 50th Avenue and Cuming Street.  Ralph lived on the east side of 50th Avenue, I think in the house at the northeast corner with Cuming. We were there from 1952 until 1955, an I was 11 when we moved there and 14 when we moved to another house.  The Crisp family was on my paper route of the Omaha World-Herald, Route 8-H.  I thought Ralph was a grouch, but maybe he was under stress working at the General Motors Training Center.  I think it was near 78th Street and Dodge.  Years later, when my Mother died in 1980, Ralph came to her wake, and he seemed to be a completely different man from how I remembered him from being a kid: he was very religious and kind..

Edited by TomJF (see edit history)

I had the pleasure and priveledge to interact with Ralph several times as well.  He was as good as they come.  He was the guy Buick sent out in the field back in the day when no one else could figure out what was the solution to a problem with a Dynaflow, and lots of other areas too.  Expert is an understatement

• 1 year later...
Guest Lisa Glover

Wow!  Most of these posts are quite old but a couple are fairly recent.  Ralph was my dad.  He totally enjoyed answering questions on the internet. How fun to see how appreciated that was. He had no patience for a computer so he was working on WebTV. He had to sit extremely close to the TV as his sight was poor. He could not read the TV from his easy chair. He was much better with tools than the keyboard so answering your questions was a labor of love.

Everyone knows how dad loved Buicks! He did however make it clear that he loved God and family more. We honored that love with the Buick shield on his headstone. Our family continues to drive Buick (well for the most part). When our children have started new relationships over the years our first question has always been "What do they drive?" As the paper boy mentioned, dad could come across a bit stern and we always sought his approval, driving a foreign car is no way to get that!

I recently located the 1923 Buick dad owned. It's safely stores in a museum and it's beautiful!  We still have his old Fords. He could answer a million question about a Model A as well.

Thanks for all the thoughts you've shared. They mean a lot!

Blessings to you all,

Lisa Crisp Glover

Thank you so much for stopping in and bringing this post back up and sharing it with us. Not one of us here will be here forever and we can all only hope that we ourselves might be remembered as fondly and appreciatively as your Dad is. I might add that in case you are not aware, the gentleman who started this thread , Paul Myer was also a great Buick person like your Dad but is also no longer with us and is missed dearly.

Please don't hesitate to stop in anytime to chat and maybe share some stories about Ralph or maybe the '23.

Best regards,

Lamar

• Like 8

• 1 year later...

Good ol' Ralph. The dealers just loved him too because as a Buick Zone Rep. he actually took care of their needs especially when a Dealer couldn't get their allotment of Buick Specials. Back in the 1970's and 80's when I was out picking the Buick dealers in Nebraska and parts of Iowa, South Dakota and Missouri, I would tell the parts counter guy that Ralph Crisp sent me and they almost always opened the attic up for me and sold me any obsolete parts I wanted. I've still got some of Ralphs Buick white uniform shirts with the Buick patches from 1953

Edited by garynofishing
add to information (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:03 PM, MrEarl said:

Thank you so much for stopping in and bringing this post back up and sharing it with us. Not one of us here will be here forever and we can all only hope that we ourselves might be remembered as fondly and appreciatively as your Dad is. I might add that in case you are not aware, the gentleman who started this thread , Paul Myer was also a great Buick person like your Dad but is also no longer with us and is missed dearly.

Please don't hesitate to stop in anytime to chat and maybe share some stories about Ralph or maybe the '23.

Best regards,

Lamar

I've got some REALLY juicy stories about the signs and parts that were once in Elberton Ga. 

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2007 at 5:35 PM, 42crazy said:

I just learned today that Ralph Crisp, Mr. Dynaflow, of Omaha, Ne. passed away, yesterday, Friday, May 11th. I believe he had been in bad health lately. He will be sadly missed, as he was a whole warehouse of information, and, was always eager to help those in need. He was 86 years old, so, he lived a long and helpful life. I last saw him in Rochester, Mn, at the National show, and as always, was very talkative, had his wife and grandson waiting impatiently for him to go home. Again, he will be sadly missed, Paul Meyer, President, BCA

Do you know if Buick Andy Keller is still alive? 

Is that you @garynofishing THE eBay garynofishing who use to taunt me (54roadmasters) with all the cool old Buick stuff I couldn't afford but managed to raise the bids for you on.

Tell us about it please sir, especially want to hear about that cut away 322

now about those white '53 uniform shirts, got any in double X  ?

good to hear from you old friend, hope you WILL share some stories with us.

3 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

Is that you @garynofishing THE eBay garynofishing who use to taunt me (54roadmasters) with all the cool old Buick stuff I couldn't afford but managed to raise the bids for you on.

Tell us about it please sir, especially want to hear about that cut away 322

now about those white '53 uniform shirts, got any in double X  ?

good to hear from you old friend, hope you WILL share some stories with us.

Well--- I DO like to taunt, but I can't specifically remember taunting any guys with a 54 Roadmaster. The 54 guys were always too cheap to pay real money for parts anyway. Are you by chance the guy I told to go to Elberton? Bradley Buick? I wrote to you about your 49 yellow canvass banner. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MrEarl said:

that would have been me

I never made it to the Elberton dealer though.

Well--- I made it into Ralph Crisp's cloths closet (and basement) (and stuffed garage) and took home all his uniform shirts and coveralls. But his (and my) size was Large. His shirts were some of a very few things I kept after losing interest in Buicks. I decided I liked my 59 Sport Fury convt. and 62 Impala more. The Buicks were just too slow. I doubt if Mr. Bradley in Elberton is still alive, but he would never let me go in the attic even though his Mom said it was full. He allowed me into the garage and even their clothes closet---- but not the attic. I never left any dealer without asking about the clothes closet

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/30/2019 at 4:05 PM, garynofishing said:

Well--- I made it into Ralph Crisp's cloths closet (and basement) (and stuffed garage) and took home all his uniform shirts and coveralls. But his (and my) size was Large. His shirts were some of a very few things I kept after losing interest in Buicks. I decided I liked my 59 Sport Fury convt. and 62 Impala more. The Buicks were just too slow. I doubt if Mr. Bradley in Elberton is still alive, but he would never let me go in the attic even though his Mom said it was full. He allowed me into the garage and even their clothes closet---- but not the attic. I never left any dealer without asking about the clothes closet

Just happen to be motoring to Elberton today to get my drivers license renewed, maybe I'll look up Bradley Buick and check out the attic. 😆

• Like 1