FIRST GENERATION RIV GAS SHOCK SOURCE

Mr Riviera

Guest Gee_Rydes

Years ago I ued a KYB and was very pleased. My impression was that they were a higher pressure shock and they worked well with the heavy front end. End result was a nice tight feel, but not too tight. At the time, they did not make them for a Riviera and I had to use the specs to find one that worked mainly because of the span of the lower mounting bolts. I eventually found one that was originally designed for a Dodge Truck. Again, this is 20 year old info but hope it helps a bit.

Guest Chucks70

Hey Dick,

I used Monroe Sensa-tracs shocks with Coil Spring Specialties Springs when I renewed the suspension on my 65'. Gave the Riv a nice road feel... not too soft, not too hard, but nice like Goldylocks!

The part numbers are:

Front #5759

Rear #5760

At Rock Auto, they are approx. $18.80 apiece. Great place to get a lot of quality parts and fast shipping!

Hope this helps! P.S., Thanks again for the power brake booster check valve!

Guest Jerome

Hi Dick,

I have had two sets of shocks installed on my 65 and 63 Riv at Les Schwab.

They were Gabriel Road Ryders with part # 82087 for the fronts and 82609 for the rear. I don't remember the exact price but about 2 1/2 years ago they were under $30 each.

Jerome

Guest NorwegianRivRoy

Hi!

I baught 4 new Monroe sensatrack for my 1964 Riv.. (not adjustable, if thats what you're looking for...)

I am very satisfyed with them, baught them at Kragen, but there are cheaper plases.. I think I paid like nighty bucks or so.. The shocks works wery well on Norwegian (bad) roads, as well as on the highway. Much for less!

Good luck