Head Lights

reattcha

Having a problem w/ my 90 coupes head lights. Installed the complete kit from Barney last summer and they worked great. Came home from the Reatta Homecoming in Lansing . When I turned the lights off, they went off but, they did not retract. Checked fuses ok---pulled the relay ( drives side console) and the lights go down--put it back in light go up. Anyone have any idea's ?----------- Thanks, Chuck (Rdiv.103)

My guess is a bad relay....stuck in the ON position. When you pull the relay, the power is dropped to the headlight module and they retract, you put the bad relay back in and the module gets 12V and they go up.

Switch (or put a relay used for another function) in the headlight plug and I think it will solve your problem.

OK, further looking at the schematic shows that the relay also turns on the headlights, so if they are working, the the relay is working..... that takes you back to the headlight module.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a new member and am learning alot by reading your previous posts. I now have a 1989 Reatta (had a 91 before) and have an issue that my mechanic discovered is the headlamp control module. A couple weeks ago I was having trouble starting the car, battery going dead, got a new battery (under warranty). Everything was fine until a week or so later...last week same problem appeared. I had my mechanic look at it and he heard clicking over where this module is. He disconnected the module and I drove it a couple days to make sure that was what it was. Everything fine now, so I guess it was draining the battery. Does that make sense to you experts? I sure love my car, but can't afford to fix the wrong things. Anyway, I guess now I'm looking for one of those modules. I saw someone mention earlier that they had one, so maybe I'll follow up. I'm in the Lancaster, Ohio area.