New to the Forum and to the ROA...with a Windshield Question

Greggg

Hello Everyone,

Im Greg and new to the Forum. I hope this works better for me than the email list forum. A friend of mine at work is trying to locate a windshield for his 70 Riviera. Is there any chance someone knows of a good place to find one, and if possible around the Chicago area? Any information would be helpful. Also, its March 11th and I still havent recieved my copy of the Rivew. Heck I dont even know if my membership renewal went through. Hope I get it soon!

Greg,

I will suggest you try contacting Bob Flint, @ Commercial Car & Glass Co. in Downers Grove.

Bob is Owner/Manager of above and is also a fellow BCA and Chicagoland Chapter member. He has worked on several of the memberships old Buicks. If Bob can't help you directly w/the windshield problem, I'm sure he can steer you in the right direction. Are you a BCA and or Chicagoland Chapter member?? If not, might I suggest joining. I believe Bob would also have some applications at the shop, to either club if you're interested. His address and such as follows;

Commercial Car & Glass Co, Inc -- 4330 Lacey Rd, Downers Grove, IL 60515 630-969-4560

(right off Ogden Ave- just Behind D&M Corvette Sales & Service). Hope this helps.

" Also, its March 11th and I still havent recieved my copy of the Rivew.

Heck I dont even know if my membership renewal went through.

Hope I get it soon! "

Greg,

I will need a little more information to investigate your membership

status .... ROA Number and Name. The Jan/Feb Riviews were mailed over

two weeks ago, but there are members just now receiving them, so yours

is probably on its way.

E-mail me direct and I will double-check membership status.

Thanks,

Ed [color:"blue"]

Guest Riviera66

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just checked a GM windshield interchange file which says that the windshield of a '70 Riviera only interchange with a '66 Riviera and no other GM brand/modelyear has that windshield. Is that an error in that file? </div></div>

Rob:

Thats erroneous. A '66 Riviera is no match to a '70. The 1970 Riviera has the antenna embedded in it. So the only interchanges are to the 1970 Eldorado and 1970 Toronado.

Greg:

Please post your ROA# in your post for an ROA Tech Advisor response. Also, it's a good idea to include the car's year in your post heading; most members don't read all posts and if you don't have a year in it, it'll likely get skipped over.

Darwin Falk

1966-70 ROA Technical Advisor

Don,

Thanks for the information. I will pass it on to my friend. I know exactly where D&M Corvette is since my Vette spent many an hour there having things taken care of that I couldnt do myself. I havent joined the BCA as of yet or the Chicagoland Chapter. In fact I havent been to sure I was even going to keep my Buick. Since I still have it I will look into joining those soon. Thanks for the information!

Darwin,

Please forgive me. It was late when I did my first post. I hope I made enough changes to my profile to show my name and ROA Number. Your right I should have listed the post for a 1970 windshield. I'll get the hang of this sooner or later

Greg:

I happen to be looking through some interesting info on Rivieras and noticed this request. Our family has been in the glass industry since 1953. We sell a lot of antique and classic glass. Anyways we can provide a new tint with shade windshield with the built in antenna for $298 picked up at one of our distributors in the Chicago area. It's glass part# DW748GBN. If you still need one, give me a call toll free or send me a pm at richardt@prosourceglassintl.com. Thanks.