1967-1970 center caps for road wheels...are there repro's?

1969RivieraGS

There is a guy in Illinois who has the repro's you're looking for. If you email me, I can forward you a copy of the .pdf file brochure he sent to me last year. His contact information is:

Mitch Romanowski

322 W. Glade Rd.

Palatine, IL 60067-6832

847-705-5761

mitchromanowski@sbcglobal.net

I did not purchase anything from him, so I this is not an endorsement, but it's a start for you.

Regards,

I have Mitch's A-body repro caps on my 68 GS350. They are absolutely beautiful. If his Riv caps are similar, you'll love them. Top notch quality. Anti-theft mounting system on mine, don't know about the Riv caps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I received the PDF file from him with the pictures...they look gorgeous. I think this is the place to go if you want nice reproductions! </div></div>

I have never heard any negative comments about these reproductions - only praise !

What is the price for a set of four complete caps? And if his caps are so nice, as I believe they must be from comments on this post, then why does every nasty or average 66-70 Riviera style center cap on ebay go for $50 or more each? I have been keeping my eye out for these caps on ebay for a couple of years, and I have seen questionable caps sell for like $50 a piece ($200/set of four) I have even contemplated going with non original wheels (such as Crager s/s) just because I didn't want to chase the prices on some of these auctions. I have no problem paying a decent price for Mitch's caps given the nice comments here, but then who is buying these ebay ones over and over again?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the price for a set of four complete caps? And if his caps are so nice, as I believe they must be from comments on this post, then why does every nasty or average 66-70 Riviera style center cap on ebay go for $50 or more each? I have been keeping my eye out for these caps on ebay for a couple of years, and I have seen questionable caps sell for like $50 a piece ($200/set of four) I have even contemplated going with non original wheels (such as Crager s/s) just because I didn't want to chase the prices on some of these auctions. I have no problem paying a decent price for Mitch's caps given the nice comments here, but then who is buying these ebay ones over and over again? </div></div>

I think a lot of guys may not know about the repros that are available, or they think "repro" means cheap/crappy, or they simply want only OE parts on their car. I've seen many comments about Mitch's caps being much better quality than anything GM produced, and I can believe it based on how nice mine are. I bought mine about 5 yrs ago at $150/set. They are still perfect, on a car that sees about 2000 miles/yr.

Still I'm very curious whether Mitch still sells a set for (only) $150. On the other hand: always read stories about the very good quality of his repros. I was very lucky to find a NOS set of the "Buick Motor Division" caps for the Estate Wagon lately, otherwise I sure would have bought a set from Mitch.

I have a beautiful and complete set of Riviera 66-70 center caps for sale here in The Netherlands... but there aren't much 2nd generation owners here that need a set so far